KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I didn't listen to it. I don't like the advertising of all this.

And I still hear conflicting stories all over the place. 

Link to someone disputing that timeline?

Teachers don’t have to listen to security personnel or adhere to policy. Some of those security officers didn’t even go to college and the literature that was handed out had a typo.  And they voted for Trump.  

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Teachers don’t have to listen to security personnel or adhere to policy. Some of those security officers didn’t even go to college and the literature that was handed out had a typo.  And they voted for Trump.  

Wtf are you babbling about?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wtf are you babbling about?

A door was left unlocked, as was the classroom where the carnage occurred. The security protocols weren’t followed. And it happens everyday. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Agreed. But this is also kinda similar to the fact that teachers probably prop doors open often even though they’re not supposed to.

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agreed. But this is also kinda similar to the fact that teachers probably prop doors open often even though they’re not supposed to.

sorry, I don't get your analogy.  :dunno:

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

sorry, I don't get your analogy.  :dunno:

If abortions were illegal, people would get them illegally.

If guns were illegal, people would get them them illegally.

If propping doors open were illegal, people would still do it anyway.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

OK, I agree with that, but you missed Crowder's point, which is that the Left wants us to believe that (mostly law-abiding) women would get an illegal abortion, yet the people who commit the most gun violence (mostly hardened criminals) would just give up if guns were illegal.

ETA:  In other words, you omitted the adjectives, which comprised his point.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

OK, I agree with that, but you missed Crowder's point, which is that the Left wants us to believe that (mostly law-abiding) women would get an illegal abortion, yet the people who commit the most gun violence (mostly hardened criminals) would just give up if guns were illegal.

I said I agreed with it.  I don’t think guns should be illegal.  I could probably get on board with assault rifles or whatever being illegal though.  Yes, criminals would still get them but people like the Uvalde shooter might not have been able to.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I said I agreed with it.  I don’t think guns should be illegal.  I could probably get on board with assault rifles or whatever being illegal though.  Yes, criminals would still get them but people like the Uvalde shooter might not have been able to.

Sorry, your response indicated that you didn't get it.  Frankly I'm still not sure you do, because this response doesn't make it clear either.  :dunno: 

Hint:  It's not that "people will still do illegal things." 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry, your response indicated that you didn't get it.  Frankly I'm still not sure you do, because this response doesn't make it clear either.  :dunno: 

Hint:  It's not that "people will still do illegal things." 

Ok maybe I don’t…so is he pro-choice then if it seems like he’s pointing out the difference between what would happen if abortions were illegal? I figured he was just trying to make a joke about Dems being hypocrites

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok maybe I don’t…so is he pro-choice then if it seems like he’s pointing out the difference between what would happen if abortions were illegal? I figured he was just trying to make a joke about Dems being hypocrites

OK let me reverse it and try to remove his sarcasm.  Most law-abiding women will not get an illegal abortion.  Practically all hardened criminals will still get an illegal gun.  This is contrary to the message the Left is pushing.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

OK let me reverse it and try to remove his sarcasm.  Most law-abiding women will not get an illegal abortion.  Practically all hardened criminals will still get an illegal gun.  This is contrary to the message the Left is pushing.

Eh, I’m not sure if that’s true about abortions though, especially if they are legal in other states (even if their home state will say it’s illegal to travel elsewhere to do it)

22 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Eh, I’m not sure if that’s true about abortions though, especially if they are legal in other states (even if their home state will say it’s illegal to travel elsewhere to do it)

If any state attempts to make a law that would make it illegal to go to a different state for a medical procedure (or, well, anything that I can think of), the courts will shoot it down quite quickly.  I consider that a non sequitur

35 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If any state attempts to make a law that would make it illegal to go to a different state for a medical procedure (or, well, anything that I can think of), the courts will shoot it down quite quickly.  I consider that a non sequitur

Ok, then people will just go to other states and get abortions legally then, making his point (and really, potentially overturning Roe v Wade in the first place) moot.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok, then people will just go to other states and get abortions legally then, making his point (and really, potentially overturning Roe v Wade in the first place) moot.

Some will, certainly a function of means.  Others will still have their babies, more than would have otherwise.  Yet others will have illegal abortions in their state.  That number will be way less than the number of hardened criminals who still get illegal guns.  That is his point.

Look, you came at me and seem to be looking for some sort of win; clearly that isn't happening, you can take the tie, the rest of us know it's an L but we won't say anything.  Just don't try to put yet more goalposts on the side of the field.

This being a thread about guns and potential regulation, his point is more about the gun impact.  So let's move on.  :cheers:

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

However it’s illegal to goto another state to buy a gun banned in your state. So let’s just do it the same across the board

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Some will, certainly a function of means.  Others will still have their babies, more than would have otherwise.  Yet others will have illegal abortions in their state.  That number will be way less than the number of hardened criminals who still get illegal guns.  That is his point.

Look, you came at me and seem to be looking for some sort of win; clearly that isn't happening, you can take the tie, the rest of us know it's an L but we won't say anything.  Just don't try to put yet more goalposts on the side of the field.

This being a thread about guns and potential regulation, his point is more about the gun impact.  So let's move on.:cheers:

I’ll take an L that I misunderstood Crowder’s tweet.  But I was agreeing that we shouldn’t make guns illegal.  But as I mentioned I could probably get on board with making assault rifles or whatever illegal.   The Uvalde shooter (as with many perpetrators or mass shootings) wasn’t exactly a hardened criminal, so he may not have been able to get one of those illegally.

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

However it’s illegal to goto another state to buy a gun banned in your state. So let’s just do it the same across the board

I think that’s different in that the gun would likely then be used (or at least stored) in the state where it’s illegal.  A one-time medical procedure is a little different than a physical item.

How many lady cops responded? They usually suck. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

the difference, of course, is that abortion is murder 100% of the time, whereas buying a gun is not.

states are trying to pass laws to ban gun sales to people under 21.  but the supreme court might strike that down.

51 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

states are trying to pass laws to ban gun sales to people under 21.  but the supreme court might strike that down.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on that.  Constitutionally they should overturn it, but it seems to me like a pretty good tradeoff.  Not 21 necessarily, 19 may be enough.  And not all guns.  But I think there is a compromise there.  :dunno: 

Obama and Biden both promised to “fundamentally change America”. This is part of the beginning of the result of that change.

81 million people knowingly voted for this, I blame them.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Obama and Biden both promised to “fundamentally change America”. This is part of the beginning of the result of that change.

You're Stoopid. 

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Race to the top. Biggest reason schools are a mess. 

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Both were great uniters.  And Biden says you know what we need to do.  Deer don't wear kevlar vests.  :thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

65 million if you take out the shady ballots.

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So how does everyone feel about just banning assault rifles?

Confiscating is impossible. 

I could've been talked into continuing banning the sale of them in 2004 when the previous (1994) law expired, or any time up until a few years ago. Summer of 2020 flipped me the other way. Watching the police demonized, officers standing down as rioters go crazy, a defund the police take root, all while the first amendment is being rotted away, the second amendment starts to make more sense.  As the fabric of the country seems to be gradually breaking down, I think the idea of ordinary people arming up isn't such a bad idea. I don't mind trusting ordinary citizens.

I could go in for things like background checks and an age limit of ~21 or so.

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No. 

Also, define "assault rifle."

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Nor are there weapons of war being bought 

We are on the same slippery slope.

Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’

The minister of public safety called it Canada's 'most significant action on gun violence in a generation

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadas-trudeau-freeze-handgun-ownership-mandatory-buybacks

It worked in Australia and we all know what happened there during COVID-19.

Universal background checks, 30-day wait period on gun purchases and a ban on some types of automatic / assault weapons would be a good start.