KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I saw.  Most people who want stricter gun control don't want to ban all guns, so I'm still failing to see the relevance to people buying guns after the BLM riots.   Most of those probably still would have been able to get said gun even if there were more restrictions.

Tim, I was never a 2A guy and, still have more sympathy for the gun control crowd than the pro-gun crowd. I recognize gun rights are protected in the Constitution but I was never a big fan. For much of my life, I wouldn't have minded seeing the second amendment repealed.

Then the riots happened with widespread arson and looting while police stood down.  Meanwhile, the defund the police movement got kicked off. Then Merrick Garland became Secretary of Justice and half the country (grant me a bit of hyperbole) got labeled as domestic terrorists for not supporting CRT and LGBTQ indoctrination in schools. Since government officials are under constitutional constraints from banning speech, they pressure/recruit big tech companies to do it for them.

When the police in blue jurisdictions aren't going to protect them, when the prosecutors in blue jurisdictions let criminals roam free, maybe the 2A people have a legitimate point after all. The problem I'm dealing with, if I sign up with the 2A people on this gun issue, well, when sh*t like this and what happened in Buffalo last week occur, I don't know how to square that circle. I think plenty of smaller steps could be done as were outlined in a previous post from yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of people blaming the cops.  Are you sure you have the full story?  Going off a video outside and some tweeterdipsh!t doesn't tell the whole story

12 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Not blaming all cops.  Blaming these cops.  They should be fired and/or tried.

You are not wrong.  But stand back, think bigger. Cops are paralyzed by making the wrong decision in a heated moment, hell it may lead them to jail.  Its a business decision now, stand back and wait until a superior gives them the go ahead (aka covering their arse).  

We've sown this row, now we have to reap it. 

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Would you propose paying them more to watch kids get murdered?

GB, he/she/whatever is SUCH a staunch trumper that wil do ANYTHING to keep his post numbers up-he fantacises that SOMEDAY there will be a vote for LOSERS that have spewed the most posts. Ignore him/her, they're a POS

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Can't afford.

War in ukraine. :dunno:

Umpaid trump bills for his rallies he hasn't paid from back in 2016-he NEVER pays his bills-total 100% A-HOLE!

I don't mind if there's a dozen cops securing the perimeter, keeping the folks outside safe, if there's already forty of them inside the building. Now, if those dozen were outside securing the building and Scot Peterson-ing around, while the nutso was freely roaming the halls inside going door to door, that's a serious problem. I would expect of the first batch or three of cops to arrive on the scene  to run inside, quickly assess the situation, formulate a plan on the fly, and keep getting reinforced until they reach some saturation point, at which point you can have the extras that show up in reserve keeping out the crowd.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don't mind if there's a dozen cops securing the perimeter, keeping the folks outside safe, if there's already forty of them inside the building. Now, if those dozen were outside securing the building and Scot Peterson-ing around, while the nutso was freely roaming the halls inside going door to door, that's a serious problem. I would expect of the first batch or three of cops to arrive on the scene  to run inside, quickly assess the situation, formulate a plan on the fly, and keep getting reinforced until they reach some saturation point, at which point you can have the extras that show up in reserve keeping out the crowd.

Cops were doing good there-it's just that the LOSER REPUB'S have to blame everything (and they can LIE) on somebody else-it's NEVER THEIR fault! Y'know what that is? IF you EVER have to fight someone you can always hold hope that it's against a chicken$h!t trumpster-they'll act tough at first, then try and talk you down (they're 100% COWARDS), and if that doesn't rescue them from the @$$-kicking that they deserve they WILL start running-they're COWARDS!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The police force there seem to be continually changing their story which does not exactly fill with confidence no matter how many people want to excuse it all.

Something to note though- I go through active shooter training at least once a year because that is what schools have to do. The common idea is that school shootings normally last less than 5 minutes because a shooter is trying to do maximum damage in a minimal amount of time. These cops took at the very least 40 minutes (upwards to an hour) to enter the building. That is completely unacceptable.

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I think I posted this two days ago.  I cannot get in my work (Private Business) without a key fob or being buzzed in.

Dear Washington D.C.:  Invest in America, that is your #1 business. 

Dear local school districts, lock your doors

33 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The police force there seem to be continually changing their story which does not exactly fill with confidence no matter how many people want to excuse it all.

Something to note though- I go through active shooter training at least once a year because that is what schools have to do. The common idea is that school shootings normally last less than 5 minutes because a shooter is trying to do maximum damage in a minimal amount of time. These cops took at the very least 40 minutes (upwards to an hour) to enter the building. That is completely unacceptable.

Agreed.  Do we know if the other classrooms were able to evacuate?  Considering the timeline, it seems we are amazingly lucky he apparently didn’t try to go to other classrooms as well.

7 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

GB, he/she/whatever is SUCH a staunch trumper that wil do ANYTHING to keep his post numbers up-he fantacises that SOMEDAY there will be a vote for LOSERS that have spewed the most posts. Ignore him/her, they're a POS

Umpaid trump bills for his rallies he hasn't paid from back in 2016-he NEVER pays his bills-total 100% A-HOLE!

TRUMP!!!! :cry:

My lady who tends to lead liberal. I showed her the Obummer tweet this morning and she was floored how inappropriate and badly timed it was.

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

My lady who tends to lead liberal. I showed her the Obummer tweet this morning and she was floored how inappropriate and badly timed it was.

We saw 8 years of that assh0le pushing racism and hatred. He hasn't changed much I guess.

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

We saw 8 years of that assh0le pushing racism and hatred. He hasn't changed much I guess.

The Great Divider

The classroom was supposed to be locked. You can put in all the safety measures you want but if people don’t adhere to them they mean nothing. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

one of the most retarded tweets ive ever seen. i can't believe he left it up. every normal person can see how bad it is.

26 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

one of the most retarded tweets ive ever seen. i can't believe he left it up. every normal person can see how bad it is.

you really have to hate non black people to think that tweet was okay in any way.

The free pass that Obama has enjoyed is unparalleled. Even Bill Clinton said as much. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The free pass that Obama has enjoyed is unparalleled. Even Bill Clinton said as much. 

He's bitter. Before the Orange Satan crushed his wife's ambitions, the Black Satan had done the same thing eight years prior.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The classroom was supposed to be locked. You can put in all the safety measures you want but if people don’t adhere to them they mean nothing. 

I don't understand what happened on that note, if he was indeed shooting outside for 12 minutes first. It's like they were unaware until he came through the threshold.  I used to work at a high school and locking the doors was the first step.

Apparently at least one of the classes was watching a Disney movie at the time though. Nearing the end of the year celebration.

Confirmed in the press that one of the parents being held back was so by a federal agent (what fed department not mentioned). So apparently in that 40 minutes of no one engaging him, that included at least one federal agent.

I saw a list of names on Fox news.  

I didn't see any white kids? 

Why the outrage? 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Why do we care?

I've been to Uvalde.  The most surprising thing is that half those kids weren't packing heat.   

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

I've been to Uvalde.  The most surprising thing is that half those kids weren't packing heat.   

Is that where Nathan is from?

30 minutes ago, edjr said:

Why the outrage? 

Why would you think there wouldn’t be outrage?

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

It would have been great if they were. :thumbsup:

Here are the 10 states with the highest homicide rates:

1. Louisiana (12.4 per 100,000 people)
  2. Missouri (9.8 per 100,000 people)
  3. Nevada (9.1 per 100,000 people)
  4. Maryland (9 per 100,000 people)
  5. Arkansas (8.6 per 100,000 people)
  6. Alaska (8.4 per 100,000 people)
  7. Alabama (8.3 per 100,000 people)
  8. Mississippi (8.2 per 100,000 people)
  9. Illinois (7.8 per 100,000 people)
  10. South Carolina (7.8 per 100,000 people)

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

St. Louis alone puts Missouri up there. What a liberal run shlthole. 

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

A lot of people blaming the cops.  Are you sure you have the full story?  Going off a video outside and some tweeterdipsh!t doesn't tell the whole story

Isn't this guy admitting some cops went in to save their own kids at 1:15 of this video?

There's also this.   It appears the police did enter the "school," but didn't try to get in the classroom where the shooter was (which could also coincide with the claim that officers went into other parts of the school to get their own children):

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Isn't this guy admitting some cops went in to save their own kids at 1:15 of this video?

There's also this.   It appears the police did enter the "school," but didn't try to get in the classroom where the shooter was (which could also coincide with the claim that officers went into other parts of the school to get their own children):

Don't be a fool. No one knows what happened at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't be a fool. No one knows what happened at this point. 

The guy in that second video thinks he does. 

Last I read law enforcement made some egregious mistakes in strategy.  This is just terrible all around.  

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The guy in the second video thinks he does.  He had a map and everything.

Sure cops went in but couldn't breach the door. The school has procedures that weren't being followed and the doors should be locked. 

Anyway, I don't know. I think they shouldn't give so much attention to these stories, it just puts things like this into the minds of other kids. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

7 out of 10 are red states.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Sure cops went in but couldn't breach the door. The school has procedures that weren't being followed and the doors should be locked. 

Couldn't?  The dude clearly says they chose not to.

Just now, TimHauck said:

Couldn't?  The dude clearly says they chose not to.

Whatever. He also said he doesn't have all the facts. 

Why has this come to be a lunatic kills a bunch of people and the cops, who were denounced and defunded for 2 years are the bad guys?

It's foolish.  

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Whatever. He also said he doesn't have all the facts. 

Why has this come to be a lunatic kills a bunch of people and the cops, who were denounced and defunded for 2 years are the bad guys?

It's foolish.  

They're not the bad guys.  But they f'ed up.

Who left the door unlocked? They need to be held accountable as well. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

They're not the bad guys.  But they f'ed up.

The facts are not all out yet. I heard that interview with that guy on the radio. Not the shortened, "let's get the cops" version. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

7 out of 10 are red states with small blue clusters that are responsible for most of the murders.

Fixored