Frozenbeernuts

Is everyone ready for what's coming?

My contractor went from as much OT as I could handle to all work orders being pulled at the steel mill. We have already been told that after November work is going to slow down tremendously in the entire local

BoE having to turn their printers on to save the public pension system

Credit Suisse about to become insolvent

Either the Fed continues raising rates, or they pivot. They will pivot eventually because the alternative is driving the world into a world wide depression. This time around it's not the banks that are the major risks, it's sovereign debt. A whole nother animal compared to the GFC

Hopefully you have the ability to invest your money into something. Once the printer turns back on, asset prices are going to soar again while the dollar gets killed. Housing, stocks, bitcoin etc. Commodities are a nice safe haven right now. Oil prices can only go up from here.

• Thanks 2

It’s going to suck for a lot of people. But the people that matter will be fine. 

The supremely rich will be fine no matter what. 

The supremely poor will remain poor no matter what but they will get a lot of sympathy from the liberal democrats so that's good. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s going to suck for a lot of people. But the people that matter will be fine. 

:wave: 

So the rate hikes are working and will cool off inflation at the end of the year? That sounds good. There will be some pain but hopefully not too much

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Don’t want to make this another housing thread but while it’s TBD as far as how far they will drop, it’s a pretty safe bet they’re not going to be going up much if at all anytime soon (outside of maybe a few markets).

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

So the rate hikes are working and will cool off inflation at the end of the year? That sounds good. There will be some pain but hopefully not too much

They will cool off inflation by putting people out of work. 

I thought the post was going to be Bitcoin to 500k

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

everyone matters

Some more than others. 

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They will cool off inflation by putting people out of work. 

That’s true and it’s part of the plan. The powers that be think you need an unemployment rate around 5 or 6% for a “healthy” economy. I have no idea if they’re right but that’s the theory. The idea is, yes, obviously the more people that work the better for them, but at some point inflation and just general market sh1ttyness from being unable to attract good talent creates diminishing returns and eventually overwhelms the benefit from lower unemployment :dunno:

Nah, something weird is going on.  Business are still understaffed, “Quiet Quitting”, people jumping from job to job. But the housing market was insane, people spending money. It never made sense.  Huge correction coming.  

You know, back in the great depression, you actually had to line up to jump off of certain ledges in New York and Chicago.

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Please don’t warn yer mom. She likes surprises.

Almost spit out my coffee.  Well done. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Nah, something weird is going on.  Business are still understaffed, “Quiet Quitting”, people jumping from job to job. But the housing market was insane, people spending money. It never made sense.  Huge correction coming.  

“Quiet quitting” is a dumb phrase.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

“Quiet quitting” is a dumb phrase.

I've always preferred the term "half-assing it".  Same thing, right? 

21 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Comedy Central huh?

Guess you have no sense of humor, but I’m not surprised 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I admit, I don't have your sense of humor when you are using it to make such a stupid point. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've always preferred the term "half-assing it".  Same thing, right? 

I’m sure some people are doing that but the theme seems to be more about just not going above and beyond (insert joke here about pretty much anyone that posts here)

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m sure some people are doing that but the theme seems to be more about just not going above and beyond (insert joke here about pretty much anyone that posts here)

If that's the definition then "quiet quitting" makes no sense.  You're still meeting the job requirements rather than bailing. 

Let me guess... Some dipsh1t millenial on TikTok coined this phrase and it went "viral"?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

rusty did some LOUD QUITING ... but still posts here!  😂

At a certain point, don't you just want to walk away?

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

You think Trevor Noah is funny? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You think Trevor Noah is funny? 

I thought that segment was funny.  Let me guess, you think the Babylon Bee is funny?

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

At a certain point, don't you just want to walk away?

You should consider that yourself. 🤔

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I thought that segment was funny.  Let me guess, you think the Babylon Bee is funny?

That's different.  Duh.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:43 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hopefully you have the ability to invest your money into something. Once the printer turns back on, asset prices are going to soar again while the dollar gets killed. Housing, stocks, bitcoin etc. Commodities are a nice safe haven right now. Oil prices can only go up from here.

It's going to get ugly.   We are just starting the home-heating oil season in the northern parts of the country.    And we've been syphoning off oil from the strategic petroleum reserves at a record pace for the last several months to keep gas prices down before the mid-terms.    That well is going to run dry really soon and then what have we got?   Hint - nothing and gas prices go to the moon. . . 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Apparently people still don't know the Keystone Pipeline is open.

:dunno:

When people say the Keystone Pipeline was cancelled they are referring to the XL project that would have increased capacity.  Capacity means more, faster.  Dummy. 

Like I said

:dunno:

But apparently people are okay with the media/pundits being specific in this instance but every other time they need to be. 

On 10/3/2022 at 2:43 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hopefully you have the ability to invest your money into something.

For your body.... food, water, medical supplies, survival gear

For your soul.... Jesus

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

It's going to get ugly.   We are just starting the home-heating oil season in the northern parts of the country.    And we've been syphoning off oil from the strategic petroleum reserves at a record pace for the last several months to keep gas prices down before the mid-terms.    That well is going to run dry really soon and then what have we got?   Hint - nothing and gas prices go to the moon. . . 

Then the Saudis cut production.  Biden is playing 1D Chess.

43 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

It's where liberals get their news.

sadly yes, when they're not watching MSN they rely heavily on people like John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Bill Maar, Steven Colbert, Chelsea Handler, etc.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:12 AM, IGotWorms said:

No it's more manipulation. Prices going up is how inflation comes down naturally. Just more manipulation from the fed. Please don't be one of those Manipulate me harder; govern me harder daddy types

Funny how there was a time within the last 2.5 years ? that for a very brief period, oil futures were trading negative.

Had someone put 100% of their portfolio in oil stocks, not only would they have missed this bear market, they would've prospered.

Of course nobody would put that much into one sector, but even 20% would've been a wonderful hedge.