Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

What is the one thing in your life you can count on most..never fails.

I would say....

My yeti cup. Always cold..even after hours. Causes me no aggrivation...doesnt argue...doesnt require exoensive maintenance or inspection.

Without fail....yeti cup.

My 45 70 . That gun is awesome. As a matter of fact, I think ill use it in a couple hours to kill a deer. :bandana:

• Like 1

I have spend the first 2 weeks of the year camping in Everglades national park for the last 16 years... It's like a reset button on the year and I return home feeling great

And black Sabbath

• Like 1

Music,in the car,at home,on the deck,on the boat doesn't matter,if I have a say so music will be involved.

And black Sabbath

Are you a fan of Technical Ecstasy?

Asking because I love Tony's riff on Dirty Women.

Are you a fan of Technical Ecstasy?

Asking because I love Tony's riff on Dirty Women.

There is not a bad Ozzy era Sabbath record

Never say die is great imo

• Like 2

I second this. And would like to add puzzy. Nothing relaxes like a cold beer and some snatch. Even better when it's strange. :thumbsup:

A real cocksman doesn't talk like this.

Kinda corny, but my wife. She is selfless and always does the right thing for the right reasons. I have to be careful not to take advantage of her.

Ditto.

Polar opposite of my first wife.

I will always choose the worst shopping cart possible at Walmart. It never fails and since they intentionally have uneven tiles in the shopping cart/entryway area I won't realize it until after I pass the greeter and am into the store just far enough that I decide to suck it up instead of turning around to crapshoot with another cart which will inevitably be equally as bad or worse than the one I replaced, had I decided to replace it, which I refuse to do, so I am always fighting against a cart which wants to take a sharp left or has one wheel seemingly shaped like a focking square.

• Like 3

I will always choose the worst shopping cart possible at Walmart. It never fails and since they intentionally have uneven tiles in the shopping cart/entryway area I won't realize it until after I pass the greeter and am into the store just far enough that I decide to suck it up instead of turning around to crapshoot with another cart which will inevitably be equally as bad or worse than the one I replaced, had I decided to replace it, which I refuse to do, so I am always fighting against a cart which wants to take a sharp left or has one wheel seemingly shaped like a focking square.

The tiles drive me crazy for the same reason. Recently our store got some new carts. All the new ones have orange handles, so I get one of hose when I can.

That when I try to plug in anything... Whether it's an extension cord, a blender, phone charger, Etc. I will always pick the wrong direction for the plug to go in.

even when I try to outguess myself and think man you always plug it in the wrong way the first time so pick the other way...that's still wrong.

• Like 2

Honda engine on my main power washer. 10 yrs old. Rarely have to choke it. I cant begin to guess how many hundreds of hours she has on her.

That when I try to plug in anything... Whether it's an extension cord, a blender, phone charger, Etc. I will always pick the wrong direction for the plug to go in.

even when I try to outguess myself and think man you always plug it in the wrong way the first time so pick the other way...that's still wrong.

I thought this was just me

My old man had this thing where if the waitress didn't show up immediately after the meal with a check, he make a big show out of how " I guess I'll go ahead and fire up a cigarette. That brings the waitress every single time!"

No dad, you're fuucking addicted to cigarettes. And you desperately need one half a second after you swallow your last bit of food off your plate. You firing up a cigarette doesn't have a God damn thing to do with the waitress showing up with the check at the end of a meal. That's what she does asxshole.

Hope you enjoyed the COPD.

I have spend the first 2 weeks of the year camping in Everglades national park for the last 16 years... It's like a reset button on the year and I return home feeling great

One of the things I love about 'out west' is that you can be fairly hands on with nature without being on high alert. I'm a little paranoid about mountain lions, and there may be rattlesnakes and the odd tarantula in some places, but overall you can sit and chill out most places without too much concern. Wade or swim the bodies of water you come across. So I wonder how that works in a place like the Everglades. Clearly you relax there while camping :unsure:

Kinda corny, but my wife. She is selfless and always does the right thing for the right reasons. I have to be careful not to take advantage of her.

There are some ladies I work with who are wives like this. And I think I know some men that are or would be husbands like that. Not the average person. Not incredibly rare. But I can see how it's easy to go wrong on this front.

One of the things I love about 'out west' is that you can be fairly hands on with nature without being on high alert. I'm a little paranoid about mountain lions, and there may be rattlesnakes and the odd tarantula in some places, but overall you can sit and chill out most places without too much concern. Wade or swim the bodies of water you come across. So I wonder how that works in a place like the Everglades. Clearly you relax there while camping :unsure:

I did a canoe trip through the FL swamps. Camped on wooden platforms surrounded by water. One gator slithered up on the platform at night, scaring the fock out of my friend who decided to forego a tent and sleep under the stars. The gator quickly retreated.

Most animals are far more scared of you than vice versa. Don’t know the stats off-hand, but I suspect the most dangerous part about enjoying nature is driving to get there.

My old man had this thing where if the waitress didn't show up immediately after the ###### meal with a check, he make a big show out of how " I guess I'll go ahead and fire up a cigarette. That brings the waitress every single time!"

No dad, you're fuucking addicted to cigarettes. And you desperately need one half a second after you swallow your last bit of food off your plate. You firing up a cigarette doesn't have a God damn thing to do with the waitress showing up with the check at the end of a meal. That's what she does asxshole.

Hope you enjoyed the COPD.

Lighting up a smoke used to be the sure fire way to make sure your food would be served immediately if you had been waiting for very long.

(Back when smoking was allowed in bars and restaurants)

I did a canoe trip through the FL swamps. Camped on wooden platforms surrounded by water. One gator slithered up on the platform at night, scaring the fock out of my friend who decided to forego a tent and sleep under the stars. The gator quickly retreated.

Most animals are far more scared of you than vice versa. Don’t know the stats off-hand, but I suspect the most dangerous part about enjoying nature is driving to get there.

Yeah, that's a good point and I'm sure that's true on many orders of magnitude. I just like to be free to move about all around me while out in nature. I definitely wouldn't pass on places teeming with critters and kamakazying creatures though, I'd just be putting a lot more thought into avoiding them.

There are some ladies I work with who are wives like this. And I think I know some men that are or would be husbands like that. Not the average person. Not incredibly rare. But I can see how it's easy to go wrong on this front.

Yeah, there are a lot of good people in the world. Some of my coworkers fall into that category. But there are plenty of petty, selfish and deceitful people too.

I've never met anyone as kind and giving as my wife. Her best quality is empathy, though sometimes she is too willing to give others the benefit of the doubt. She's a little naive I guess. Regardless, it's great to be able to unconditionally trust her.

Don't know about you Wilderness types, but around here, if we go for a hike? There's a real possibility of bears.

The cats are pretty skittish. The Bears? Not so much.

Don't know about you Wilderness types, but around here, if we go for a hike? There's a real possibility of bears.

The cats are pretty skittish. The Bears? Not so much.

Make noise and most bears run for the hills. Grizzly and polar bears may be the exceptions, but still very few attack people.

Make noise and most bears run for the hills. Grizzly and polar bears may be the exceptions, but still very few attack people.

Polar bears are the most likely to run south.

Have you ever encountered a bear close up in the wild? I never have.

Will a hungry black bear really back down from a screeching 5ft 10 hospitalist?

Ive run into wild boar, skunks,

coyotes, coons, possums, copperheads, rattlesnakes and a bobcat.

None of them were anxious to start a fight with me, but most of those coyotes werent all that scared of my hootin and hollerin.

A great steak dinner from the local family owned steakhouse. Comes with a massive sized baked potato. Its heaven.

Have you ever encountered a bear close up in the wild? I never have.

Will a hungry black bear really back down from a screeching 5ft 10 hospitalist?

Ive run into wild boar, skunks,

coyotes, coons, possums, copperheads, rattlesnakes and a bobcat.

None of them were anxious to start a fight with me, but most of those coyotes werent all that scared of my hootin and hollerin.

Yes. Multiple times. Closest Ive been ~20 feet. Every time theyve gone about their business as I slowly retreated.

Never had to confront/chase one away, but definitely go out of my way to make noise while in bear country.

• Like 1