Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Solar Eclipse Glasses - The newest scam of the century

I am scrambling trying to find some, but not because I waited till the last minute. I ordered some WEEKS ago and they just never showed up. I am out the money but more importantly, I do not have any glasses and am VERY close to the sweet spot of this eclipse. My dad has some welding helmets and shtt, but I do not know how to tell what is what and do not want to risk my focking eyesight for a few minutes of this thing. Always something going wrong.

Have to have welders glass 12 or 14

Anything less is a danger

Make a few pinhole cameras its even easier

rofl...just buy a piece of 12-14 welders glass for 1.99 Fold up some pop tart wrappers or mylar baloon several sheets Make a big pinhole camera from a cardboard box bigger box gives you bigger image...you would be suprised how small sun really is lol pinhole camera is best..no craning your neck...and it makes a much bigger image. The whole eclipse is like 45 minutes. You can also use poptart wrappers on your camera lense to video it or take pictures, without overloading the sensor inside

I am literally going to just turn to see the sun when I take a break from welding. Just need to turn my auto shade from 9 to 12

I find it hard to believe that an animal who eats it own ###### is smart enough to not look at the sun.

The Orange Nooner eats other people's so what is your point?

The biggest scam is the overselling of the eclipse. Portland is expecting 1 million visitors! The e lips is not that big a deal. Are people this easily entertained? There will be another one in seven years.

This guy gets it!

The welding visor will work. That's what it's designed for, Like I said, the eclipse before last, all it took for me was an X-Ray folded over itself twice and my eyes didn't hurt at all, I could have looked at it all afternoon.

Wow, who knew that X-Ray Specs were real? :dunno:

I thought we couldn't see it till around 2:30pm?

trying post a video, but cannot

I heard that you can view it by putting your phone camera on selfie mode and watching it over your shoulder.

This eclipse was fake news. Went outside, looked at the sun, looks like it always does. Complete scam, thing happening at all. Don't give me this path of totality crap, we are bajillions of miles away, it shouldn't make a difference where we are. If we can see the sun we should see the eclipse. Nothin to see, back inside.

This eclipse was fake news. Went outside, looked at the sun, looks like it always does. Complete scam, thing happening at all. Don't give me this path of totality crap, we are bajillions of miles away, it shouldn't make a difference where we are. If we can see the sun we should see the eclipse. Nothin to see, back inside.

Earf is flat too, right?

I'm actually more astonished by the mathematical calculations it takes to predict these things than the actual event itself.

More directly, I'm astonished at what Newton did way back then, with no real point of reference, in calculating such things.

I'm actually more astonished by the mathematical calculations it takes to predict these things than the actual event itself.

More directly, I'm astonished at what Newton did way back then, with no real point of reference, in calculating such things.

Fake news. all made up

Fake news. all made up

That was Christianity - ask Galileo. :D

Even if this eclipse turns out to be a bust, it will still only be the 2nd worst bust of the day.. I just tried BBQ Pringles for the 1st time - total suck. :thumbsdown:

All y'all buying those glasses are stupid. I bet they'll be 50% tommorow. That's when I'm getting mine.

Just started raining and can't see any blue in the sky. The eclipse is suppose to happen in an hour. :(

overcast for us here

Yeah I'm like 20 minutes north of you if I remember correctly. This kinda sucks.

All y'all buying those glasses are stupid. I bet they'll be 50% tommorow. That's when I'm getting mine.

Good thinkin. Buy'em all, then sell them in 7 years.

INVESMENT! !!

Saw a lot of them on Amazon and eBay for like $99. Got mine from a shop for $8. Work the same

I saw it.

when you put the glasses on it seems like a fugazzi, totally dark.

then VOILA, there it is!

• Like 1

My give a fock meter for this was at about 3.....it was cloudy....now it's at zero....kind of like your prospects in life......loser.

Don't forget the Mayans. Incredible what they did with so little. Kind of like Ed with hookers.

The amount of idiots that are standing outside my work right now looking at this is staggering. Especially since the sun is behind a big-ass cloud currently where I'm at

Very cool in Southern Indiana with the glasses, you can't really see it without them. The crickets started going, that was different., neat experience.

Glad I was close enough to take it in.

Very cool in Southern Indiana with the glasses, you can't really see it without them. The crickets started going, that was different., neat experience.

Glad I was close enough to take it in.

NICE.

I missed the entire thing because my focking glasses never showed up. I am so focking pissed. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The last solar eclipse I saw, while in NJ, I just looked at it directly with my eyes and then looked away. I mean, we see the sun everyday and don't go blind. I remember that it took a very long time.

I remember (also in NJ) being I grade scool during an eclipse. Maybe it wasn't a full one I don't remember

And the used some shoebox with a whole in it method

I remember (also in NJ) being I grade scool during an eclipse. Maybe it wasn't a full one I don't remember

And the used some shoebox with a whole in it method

Me too. That's how Stacia Robinson first saw my junk.

NICE.

I missed the entire thing because my focking glasses never showed up. I am so focking pissed. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Still,wasting money huh.

Wow. Science was right again. predicted this right down to the minute.

You know they're on a fixed track for like the last 84 billion years, right?

At this point, it's like predicting when Space Mountain is going to return to the gate.

- Only with less variables.

But they couldn't find 84 different city-sized alien spacecraft until they were right overhead?

And seriously? The guys on the shuttle had NO notice of a Texas-sized Asteroid headed their way?

Actually lucked out. The clouds were covering the sun at the perfect opacity and you could look directly at the sun for 10-15 seconds. Pretty cool.