Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Beatles or Stones? once n for all

The 2 biggest British bands of the 60's, invasion bands of the 60's, .......... maybe the 2 biggest most influential bands ever - to come out any year. Te Beatles were first in the US but the Stones lasted longer ... MUCH longer and IMO at least a song library with alot more variety. So who is the best factoring in song library, talent, writing, fans, and influence on music as a whole. IMO it has to be the Stones as they stayed together and IMO put together a better song library (not saying the beatles didn't) but the Stones had so much more variety and were more cutting edge.

thoughts

ETA if you count the solo careers of John n Paul then maybe the Beatles edge out

beatles had more range, evolved with and impacted the culture of the times.

I prefer the music of the stones (one of my favorite bands). more soulful imo.

The Beatles easily trump the Stones in creativity, musical ability, and overall impact to music and pop culture. There is nothing wrong with the Rolling Stones, but The Beatles were without question the most influential musical act in modern history.

Stones. HotRocks is the definitive best of album..... Period! I don't own a single Beatles best of. If I'm driving in my car and a man comes on the radio.,...it's The Stones.

This song deals with the question appropriately.

Watching that....I was actually there the night that footage was shot. Baboon (local band gods) joined the Toadies on stage and listening to them scream that last minute (except live it went on for what seemed like 10 minutes)... Crazy. Thought of it because I actually bought tix to see The Toadies here in 2 weeks earlier tonight.

The cultural impact of the Beatles is/was greater than any band ever. Personally, I prefer the Stones by a country mile.

Let it Be versus Let it Bleed

Can't stand the Rolling Stones... I don't think they have one song that I like...

Come on Posty, not even the one where the po-lice in new York city chases the boy thru the park and shoots him?

Come on Posty, not even the one where the po-lice in new York city chases the boy thru the park and shoots him?

It was a case of mistaken identity.

I think I go Beatles in a tight one..

I prefer early (pre-1970s) Stones but overall body of work it's Beatles by a mile.

SIngle album - The Beatles Sgt Pepper

Volume of work - Stones

Quality of work - Stones

Relevancy today - push

I agree... Can't believe actually like their crap...

I think he meant that it's your schtick to dislike anything anybody else likes. You're the kind of guy who hates sex and beer but lives diarrhea and bee stings. :wave:

• Like 1

Beatles were fagguts and the Rolling Stones were retards. I can't muster a shred of respect for either sh!tty band.

The Monkees, now that is a band I can respect.

• Like 1

Beatles were fagguts and the Rolling Stones were retards. I can't muster a shred of respect for either sh!tty band.

The Monkees, now that is a band I can respect.

They were just the 2 most influential rock bands of all time.

They were just the 2 most influential rock bands of all time.

Yeah? And where did that get us? We got the glory years of grunge. And now we got a bunch of black chicks with disgusting jiggling fat asses and zero vocal skills as the biggest music stars in this country. And some twinks that hit falsetto notes.

Every time a Beatle or Rolling Stone dies, the world is a better place. They focked it up. Rest in piss.

Never mind how Led Zeppelin is legally guilty of stealing around 15 songs from other bands that make up the bulk of their "best of" catalouge. You were lied to. Your heroes are frauds. My regrets.

Yeah, a bunch of fruits. :mad:

Brian Jones had more musical talent in his finger than the fab four had all together.

Hell the Beatles had to write the Stones first hit???!!!

"I Wanna Be Your Man" was released by the Rolling Stones in 1963; it was their second single, and their first hit. It was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards asked during a visit how they came up with songs.

Brian Johnson had more musical talent in his finger than the fab four had all together.

Ringo yes he did. The other three not so much.

it's tough for me... as I love a lot of rolling stones stuff... but they simply weren't as creative as the Beatles... listen to Abbey road from start to finish... the songs bleed into each other, and the album just works perfectly... I think the trio of songs mean mr. mustard-polythene pam- she came in through the bathroom window blend together so perfectly that I can't even wrap my feeble brain around it. that 'song' is probably one of the most underrated musical pieces... (if you can call anything the beatles did 'underrated')

that said... give me some keith Richards bluesy guitar anyday!

Beatles..it's not even close. The Stones are great in their own way.

How and Who have the Stones been influential?

I have seen many runway models use Keith Richards' body as their ideal.

Beatles..it's not even close. The Stones are great in their own way.

Areosmith, Zeplin, Sabbath, ACDC, many others I can't rememebr right now have said they were their primary influence.