Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

I can't bring myself to drop Toby Gerhart

He still is a RB1 for his team and the waiver wire is full of RBBC situations.

I play in a 10 team league with only a 5 player bench so some guys on our wire you will be surprised by but you can't afford to stash guys, especially with weeks where you need to replace K and D/ST's. Our league also only allows 10 transactions a season so each one is huge.

Earlier, I dumped TRich for Rainey which has been a bust so far so I am, at least for the moment, gun shy on releasing him.

Guys available in my league right now are Forsett, Antone Smith, Pierre Thomas, TRich, Branden Oliver, Jeremy Hill, Bishop Sankey and Benny Cunningham.

• Like 1

I would rather have antone or PT. Smith can at least score on 4 touches. Even if antone has 2 points its really not much different than toby.

The thing that sucks about the toby situation, even if he has a good game it will be on your bench. After he has a good game are you really going to be willing to gamble on him having another? He is going to be very hard to start even if his outlook starts to become more positive.

It sucks too because he has a solid sched.

Again this is the reason why luck as nothing to do with winning when it comes to fantasy football . It's bad moves .

I totally don't get the point of transaction limits. That casts a big damper on anything you'd want to do here.

Moves like this depend on your situation, too. If you really think a guy who's struggled will put it together, he's worth keeping, but maybe not if you're 2-3 or worse and need to win now. If you're ambivalent about him, you might do better to get an Oliver or Cunningham who might provide a big short-term boost.

He has the Titans this week. If anyone dares keep him I would only plan to base his future off this week's game.

If he can't get it going then he isn't going to. Like another person said; you can't trust him anyway so it's pretty much a done deal.

I totally don't get the point of transaction limits. That casts a big damper on anything you'd want to do here.

Moves like this depend on your situation, too. If you really think a guy who's struggled will put it together, he's worth keeping, but maybe not if you're 2-3 or worse and need to win now. If you're ambivalent about him, you might do better to get an Oliver or Cunningham who might provide a big short-term boost.

I am 4-1. I have McCoy, Gore and Bell as my top 3. Toby and Rainey are my 4 and 5 so with the Eagles and 49ers with byes coming my bench will be exposed. I am 4-1 because of Cutler, Gore, Dez, Cobb and Justin Tucker. Who'd have thought Cutler would be carrying me.

We have transaction limits to, one, put more emphasis on the draft, and to two, keep people from streaming every week and have 50+ moves and making a joke of it. I also don't like leagues that allow league members to veto trades.

Toby is in a RBBC with Denard Robinson and Storm Johnson on one of the worst teams. I cut him last week. Felt great. I watched another manager plug him into his lineup and I chuckled.

Ugh...I'd say the time to cut him, and probably Ball is here.

it's hard to cut that early round pick, but I can't have week after week of non production. Jags aren't going anywhere good, they fall behind early and often. I say he's droppable, but see if you can't add him in to some trade?

Is he still playing?

I am 4-1. I have McCoy, Gore and Bell as my top 3. Toby and Rainey are my 4 and 5 so with the Eagles and 49ers with byes coming my bench will be exposed. I am 4-1 because of Cutler, Gore, Dez, Cobb and Justin Tucker. Who'd have thought Cutler would be carrying me.

We have transaction limits to, one, put more emphasis on the draft, and to two, keep people from streaming every week and have 50+ moves and making a joke of it. I also don't like leagues that allow league members to veto trades.

Emphasis on the draft, okay, but in what world is streaming a position "making a joke of" the draft or a league? Unless you have really big benches--which you don't--it seems like a very tough constraint and gives you limited ability to improve your team throughout the year. Different strokes for different strokes, but I'd just play best ball if that were the goal.

He still is a RB1 for his team and the waiver wire is full of RBBC situations.

I play in a 10 team league with only a 5 player bench so some guys on our wire you will be surprised by but you can't afford to stash guys, especially with weeks where you need to replace K and D/ST's. Our league also only allows 10 transactions a season so each one is huge.

Earlier, I dumped TRich for Rainey which has been a bust so far so I am, at least for the moment, gun shy on releasing him.

Guys available in my league right now are Forsett, Antone Smith, Pierre Thomas, TRich, Branden Oliver, Jeremy Hill, Bishop Sankey and Benny Cunningham.

Give me your league name and password and I'll do it for you...

Dude blows

Knowing me he will be picked up the day after I dump him and he becomes a serviceable RB2 rushing for 850-6 TD.

I have looked at Pierre Thomas for a bit. Would you dump Gerhart or Rainey for him? Of the ones I mentioned in my original post I think PT is the best option...Do you agree?

I'm done. Got him pretty late in our draft because everybody knew he would suck. Going to try and drop him for Hillman, Williams, CJ Anderson, or any RB with any actual upside.

10 transactions isn't that low a number; about one every week and a half. Do you anticipate 10 moves that will be more valuable than dropping a useless RB for one who can contribute?

I like Forsett the most from your list. Clear #1 now.

I'd drop Gerhart for pretty much anyone on that list except for maybe Thomas.

I hung onto Gerhart until this week too but I'm definitely dropping him now, maybe for Smith actually.

I am letting Toby go this week on waivers. Unfortuantely I am 8th on the waiver wire and 4-5 teams ahead of me will be taking a RB. Leaves the likely guys out. It will probably come down to getting Storm Johnson for Toby. Risky move I know, but Johnson played last year with Bortles at Central Florida so there is that going for him, plus coach says he looked impressive yesterday. He did leave the game due to an undetermined severity ankle injury.

. Toby ain't the long term answer and Robinson (converted QB) may be ok for a third down back only. I think Jags go ahead and look to the future and start giving Storm the rock, hopefully in Week 6 if his ankle is ok. Next week I have Charles, Ingram, Moreno on bye or still hurt. I know some RB combo..somehow i still lead my league in points. Leaves me TRich and Toby as my only starters and I CANT start Toby. Hoping to get Oliver, Williams, Hillman, Cunningham, Rainey ahead of Storm, but unlikely. No one has RB and everyone is overloaded with decent WR. May not even get Storm and be stuck with Winn, Oboguyna, Reaves or Helu. Although as i type this Helu is the most likely not to put up a goose-egg so he will be in the front of the others unless both Bush and Bell miss next week. .

I had him in 3 of 4 leagues. I still have him in 2....until Wednesday morning. Then it gets droped to 1 for sho and 2 very likely.

In both leagues I will make claims for A Williams and B Oliver. If I don't get either, I will drop him straight out for Hillman or claim whoever gets dropped of any value.

Too much invested in a bad RB on a very bad offense. He started the season as my #3 in 3 leagues, now he's barely a 4 or 5.

you aren't playing to win if he's still on your team. I moved him in week 2. the writing was on the wall pretty clearly after wk2 imo.

I finally did it, and feel it was probably a week or two too late. One thing I have had to learn the hard way is that the situation isn't everything, and just because you drafted him high doesn't mean that is his value after the season starts.

I dropped him for Cunningham :dunno:(have Stacy so Cunningham more valuable for sure) Gerharts snaps have continued to drop each week so he may still be listed as the starting RB but its looking more and more like one of those RBBC's.

Week 1-48

Week 2-35

Week 3-30

Week 4-20

Week 5-10

You notice a trend there? Also 2.56 YPC is not good. :thumbsdown:

I dropped him for Cunningham :dunno:(have Stacy so Cunningham more valuable for sure) Gerharts snaps have continued to drop each week so he may still be listed as the starting RB but its looking more and more like one of those RBBC's.

Week 1-48

Week 2-35

Week 3-30

Week 4-20

Week 5-10

You notice a trend there? Also 2.56 YPC is not good. :thumbsdown:

Ouch that's a nasty trend.

HUUUUUGE WEEK for this Jax rb mess

man, if Toby has even a scintilla of a c-vnt hair of burn left, it should be on display vs. Titans :music_guitarred:

but a Storm's a brewin' ... if Toby cannot get it done, Johnson might wrest this away for the duration :dunno:

Jax beat writer on Titans radio yesterday made these commits:

Toby was horse collared early in the season and screwed up an ankle. Beyond that, he's slow to the line and doesn't fit on this team.

As for Storm, this is a(nother) rebuilding year, and if talent is equal, the younger guy will get the playing time.

just got rid of him in both leagues. Feels good. Some dunce will inevitably grab him and plug him in out of desperation...

HUUUUUGE WEEK for this Jax rb mess

man, if Toby has even a scintilla of a c-vnt hair of burn left, it should be on display vs. Titans :music_guitarred:

but a Storm's a brewin' ... if Toby cannot get it done, Johnson might wrest this away for the duration :dunno:

Nope. He played the Redskins and sucked. Death sentence.

Toby shouldn't be fostered in any league.

Nope. He played the Redskins and sucked. Death sentence.

Toby shouldn't be fostered in any league.

Redskins have a pretty good run D

Redskins have a pretty good run D

Nope. If a team wants to do anything against the redskins they can choose to do it. The skins d is embarrassing on all fronts. I'm shamed.