Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Rank the Presidents of your lifetime

pop quiz, what does bin Laden viewed as the single event in his life that shaped his motivation for 911?

The cancellation of The Wonder Years

pop quiz, what does bin Laden viewed as the single event in his life that shaped his motivation for 911?

Reagan cutting and running from beirut

All the dude did was give us the largest economic growth in American history. His policies created 18 million jobs, doubled revenues, doubled the GDP, lowered inflation from 13% to 3%, and his military spending was one of the main reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union. All with a Democratic controlled Congress that gobbled up every new dollar that came in. The unemployment rate had dropped to 5.5% by 1988.

No big deal.

:doh:

You will likely be able to say nearly all of this for Obummer when his second term ends, yet somehow I can't even be in an "adult conversation" for suggesting that Obummer might not totally suck :lol: :doh:

You will likely be able to say nearly all of this for Obummer when his second term ends, yet somehow I can't even be in an "adult conversation" for suggesting that Obummer might not totally suck :lol: :doh:

:lol:

Wow.

Yeah, all that and somehow we were in a recession when he left office. Ask Bush 41 how all of Reagan's economic jiggering( trickle down) worked out . And saying his Military spending CONTRIBUTED to the Soviets downfall is a far cry from crediting him with "winning" the Cold War.

let me guess, you are less than 45 years old?

not blasting you or Reagan, but even Peter Jennings was ripped in half for all the bullshit that he's viewed my regular body was being driven all around California. It's a lot more nuanced than that. And only people over 45 remember how universally reviled that guy was for so many things. He was unfair then, but now it's one to the other side of the pendulum and that's unfair to.

Doesn't make anything I posted wrong, guess you guys didn't know how good you had it.

:dunno:

Yeah, all that and somehow we were in a recession when he left office. Ask Bush 41 how all of Reagan's economic jiggering( trickle down) worked out . And saying his Military spending CONTRIBUTED to the Soviets downfall is a far cry from crediting him with "winning" the Cold War.

Yeah..it was economics that couldn't last (like Clinton's)...hence Bush Sr having to go back on his promise.

Id probably put Bush Sr higher..but single term. Id like to have seen how he would have handled the next 4 years. ih, and W did come from his loins, so he loses points.

Clinton

Obama

Bush I

Carter

Reagan

Bush II

People who put Obama ahead of Reagan simply aren't capable of grown up conversations.

meh. There are people who have W over Clinton. These lists clearly tell us who the hacks are. If your top five are all republican or Democrat, you're a hack.

meh. There are people who have W over Clinton. These lists clearly tell us who the hacks are. If your top five are all republican or Democrat, you're a hack.

If your top five is all one party, you are also old as fock.

And that depends on who holds the congress and the tilt of the Supremes. It's a lose lose situation no matter whose the commander in chief. There are no winners anymore

I agree with Bunny in that there will never be a universally popular President again. The internet and news outlets like MSNBC and Fox News have guaranteed that half the country will hate the President at any given time. Regardless of who he/she is and what party they represent.

1. Ronald Reagan

2. George W. Bush

3. Bill Clinton

4. George H. W. Bush

5. Jimmy Carter

6. Barack Obama

Reagan

Clinton

Bush 41

Nixon

Ford

Carter, W and Obama are not even deserving of a ranking. Whatever the bottom is - they lie in a pool of filth there (respectively of course, Carter was actually a very intelligent man).

To hard to guage Obama really as A. he isn't done yet and B. what he's done is hard to "grade" as we haven't seen if his policies have worked or failed. :dunno:

I think generally you'll find that Reagan, Clinton and H.W. Bush will reign supreme with Carter and GWB lagging behind them.

Clinton, Papa Bush...............

.......................Obama.........................Cheney

Reagan

Clinton

Bush 41

Nixon

Ford

Carter, W and Obama are not even deserving of a ranking. Whatever the bottom is - they lie in a pool of filth there (respectively of course, Carter was actually a very intelligent man).

Amen bother! :thumbsup:

suck

suck

big suck

retarded

useless

worst president ever

Harrison ford in Air Force one

Danny glover in day after tomorrow

Dude from idiocracy

Bill Pullman in independence day

• Like 1

Harrison ford in Air Force one

Danny glover in day after tomorrow

Dude from idiocracy

Bill Pullman in independence day

Wrong. Pullman kicked some alien ass in ID. :nono:

Wrong. Pullman kicked some alien ass in ID. :nono:

He did after Jeff goldblum bailed his ass out :nono:

He's bottom of the list

He did after Jeff goldblum bailed his ass out :nono:

He's bottom of the list

Your list is null and void to begin with. You don't even have the correct actor with the right movie :lol:

Your list is null and void to begin with. You don't even have the correct actor with the right movie :lol:

me, I always screw those guys up..

Phurfur's would be a LONG list.

I am curious who he was higher on, John Adams or John Quincy Adams.

rholio, on 11 Feb 2015 - 2:44 PM, said:

I am curious who he was higher on, John Adams or John Quincy Adams.

he calls them Adams 2 and Adams 6. HTH.

If to expand I would rank the top 5 of the last 115 years

1. Teddy Roosevelt - Took on the big 3 and broke up the monopolies

2. FDR - got us out of the Great Depression and showed good leadership through 3 terms

3. Ike - based pretty much on just hearing my Grandparents (who were democrat) always say he was the best President ever.

4. HW Bush - Most prepared man ever to be president and the most professional

5. Clinton/Reagan/JFK tie..

Ford

Reagan

Bush 41

Clinton

Bush 43

LBJ

Nixon

Obama

Carter

I'm suprised you have Ford on top. He's fallen down most peoples lists.

I'm suprised you have Ford on top. He's fallen down most peoples lists.

I like him a lot too actually but admit he wasn't effective.

Same could be said to a lesser extent of Carter I suppose, although at the time I would have been much more in tune with Ford. I do respect Carter's integrity and honesty as a person but not his policies or decision making as president -the 180 degree opposite of what I feel about Nixon.

GW Bush sent me a 600$ check once. That puts him at the top.

Everyone else...Bupkiss so dont care. Bush all the way. Dont care that he rigged 911 or whatever.