Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Make your confessions here..about anything you want off your chest

I never mentioned this before but ... I am former NYPD.

And a Marine. :bandana:

WTF? You call yourself a Devil Dog yet support the liberal agenda? And you're a former cop?

You were joking when you posted that, right?

• Like 1

A lot of funny in this thread. :thumbsup:

I have a new one:

Always wanted to fock Stacy in Fast Times more than Linda. :o

Ditto :cheers:

Great strategy. Im going to take it one step further and start walking around telling everyone that I raped Sharon in accounting...

can't rape the willing ...Sharon was into that shitt

Sometimes I take the clothes out of the dryer WITHOUT waiting for the cool down cycle to get done....I'm a little bit of a badass.

So the C in MDC stands for Cagney?

You should start a thread about what MDC really stands for. It can be epic !!!!

I have coslept with my now almost 4 year old since he was 6 months old. I know. I hear people warn against it when they are that young but man. I was super freaked out about his breathing I wanted to be as close as possible and now it's just a thing. He's got a racecar bed. He will eventually use it. But for now. I'm a cosleeper.

• Like 1

I have coslept with my now almost 4 year old since he was 6 months old. I know. I hear people warn against it when they are that young but man. I was super freaked out about his breathing I wanted to be as close as possible and now it's just a thing. He's got a racecar bed. He will eventually use it. But for now. I'm a cosleeper.

So hows that work secksy time wise?

What are they warning against? What's the big deal?

I had no clue who Rholio was until a month ago.

I never even opened the big day thread until several pages in.

I am surrounded by family who are completely dependent on me for income and I am sick of it. Can't be alone in this one.

Kids can be suffocated when they are really young when a parent rolls over on top of them

Kids can get too attached and have separation issues when there comes a time to make that switch to get them out of your bed

I am sure that there are plenty of other reasons why some people are against it. I figure that, by 4 years old, he should be in his own bed and not sucking on momma's titties. :dunno:

Kids can be suffocated when they are really young when a parent rolls over on top of them

Kids can get too attached and have separation issues when there comes a time to make that switch to get them out of your bed

I am sure that there are plenty of other reasons why some people are against it. I figure that, by 4 years old, he should be in his own bed and not sucking on momma's titties. :dunno:

Yeah by 4 sure. But the first couple of years I think it's ok.

Yeah by 4 sure. But the first couple of years I think it's ok.

I figure it is a personal decision. We never had out kids sleeping in our beds unless they were sick. They had a crib and then went into their own bed when it was time (~ 2 years old). Worked for us, but I figure there's lots of ways to raise your kids and, as long as they don't end up in prison, you aren't doing half bad. :dunno:

:wub:

I too sleep with my 4 year old son all the time. His mother doesn't like it, but I do it anyway.

he sleeps in his own bed too, (race car bed)

OMG if you tell a woman that you co-sleep their focking heads will explode. Not joking. I get bullshit routinely from mothers who "only want best" for me and my kid. Women freak the out about this. I did not sleep with him till he was 6 months old. Till then I slept as close as I could to his crib.

OMG if you tell a woman that you co-sleep their focking heads will explode. Not joking. I get bullshit routinely from mothers who "only want best" for me and my kid. Women freak the ###### out about this. I did not sleep with him till he was 6 months old. Till then I slept as close as I could to his crib.

I haven't encountered that, but I've read about it. I'm not worried about it. We will get him in his crib in due time, just like his sister.

Count me down in the co-sleeping group.

When the ex and I split up, the daughter was about 18 months old. New place so she was obviously not comfortable, and frankly with me doing the solo Dad thing for the first time, it just made me more comfortable....It lasted for years. Now she is 7 (yep, so it may not be almost over for the parents of 4 year olds) and starts in my bed almost half the time and ends up in it another 10% of the time.

Ive read up on it. Its the norm in many cultures, and as long as the child is being raised in a well adjusted manner overall, I dont see much in the way of downside.

1. Im obviously single so there is no issue there. And taking it a step further, Ive never even allowed anyone i was seeing to even meet my daughter. Not a one.

2. My daughter is very intelligent, independent, and mature. Even now she is the one slowly wanting to sleep by herself, so it will obviously end completely very soon.

3. As ridiculous as it may sound, when it completely ends, it will likely be more emotionally difficult on me than it is on her.

When the ex and I split up, the daughter was about 18 months old. New place so she was obviously not comfortable, and frankly with me doing the solo Dad thing for the first time, it just made me more comfortable....It lasted for years. Now she is 7 (yep, so it may not be almost over for the parents of 4 year olds) and starts in my bed half the time and ends up in it another 10% of the time.

Ive read up on it. Its the norm in many cultures, and as long as the child is being raised in a well adjusted manner overall, I dont see much in the way of downside.

1. Im obviously single so there is no issue there. And taking it a step further, Ive never even allowed anyone i was seeing to even meet my daughter. Not a one.

2. My daughter is very intelligent, independent, and mature. Even now she is the one slowly wanting to sleep by herself, so it will obviously end completely very soon.

3. As ridiculous as it may sound, when it completely ends, it will likely be more emotionally difficult on me than it is on her.

:wub:

#3 - 100%

When the ex and I split up, the daughter was about 18 months old. New place so she was obviously not comfortable, and frankly with me doing the solo Dad thing for the first time, it just made me more comfortable....It lasted for years. Now she is 7 (yep, so it may not be almost over for the parents of 4 year olds) and starts in my bed almost half the time and ends up in it another 10% of the time.

4. Youre actually looking forward to the day when you proudly hand your son his participation trophy for going down on the neighbor kid.

4. Youre actually looking forward to the day when you proudly hand your son his participation trophy for going down on the neighbor kid.

I support jokes.....but i honestly dont understand this one. :dunno:

1. I am the same. Since his mom and i have broke up about 18 months ago I have banged probably 10 women. Not one has ever met him and will not unless we plan on making it stick.

2. my son is not to that age yet. He is not quite 4 so I hope to have another 2-3 years left of it.

3.When it stops I WILL have a problem. Withdrawals.

it's not loneliness for me.

When I sleep with my kid, he falls right asleep, doesn't get out of bed.

it's selfish, yes, but not to curb loneliness.

I should have also quoted the next line in the article for you. :lol:

Nor should you take your child into your bed simply because you feel that it will be easier to get him to go to sleep that way.

GFY :D

It's funny that the article says "pros and cons" yet you decided to just concentrate on the cons. You like to do you some preaching.

It's funny that the article says "pros and cons" yet you decided to just concentrate on the cons. You like to do you some preaching.

I was only pointing out the reasons in the summary that it should not be used. Has nothing to do with pros or cons. As I stated before, it is a personal choice and I was providing Parents.com's view of things. Not mine.

Glad you have a mature 7 year old. Whatever the fock that is.....my 7 year old honestly beleived her Elf on the Shelf (Which still has washing machine tags on it) came down last night from the north pole and made a snow angel out of flour on the fockin counter.....soooo.

The problem is when they are 25 and still depending on you. Not saying you cant get away with it...but IMO parents who sleep with their kids arent doing them any favors in the being independant department. Is a major thing on its own? No...but its just one layer that CAN...not will...but CAN be an issue or pattern.

Also i love my bed....the less people in it the better. :)

I do worry that I suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. :(

I believe that I suffer from it at a much higher proficiency than most people. :dunno:

I miss newbie :o

I am surrounded by family who are completely dependent on me for income and I am sick of it. Can't be alone in this one.

Assuming it's more than just your wife and kids, what is preventing you from cutting them off?

What happened to newbie?

He threatened the POTUS

For you in particular, I wonder about the health implications of sleeping with your kid. It probably increases your risk for respiratory infection.