Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Odell Beckham is a disgrace - 1 Game Suspension

Hate to say this , but I had no problem with it , looked like old time football to me . Look at the battles that where taking place on the field in the 70es now that was good and fun to watch football . The league has tried so hard to take away the one on one battles with rule changes it has watered it down so much that it looks makes a player like Beckham look like a bad guy , this was the way the game use to be played on the field . It don't bother me soon they well be wearing flags so don't complain about this rough and tough game of today .

Did you actually see the cheap shot to the helmet of Norman? There is no way any "old time" football player defends that.

Are most folks more in love with the nfl when there's a 'diva' wr around to hurl hate at? Is the hunger for another TO type that strong? Is Dez right now not enough? Djax? Vjax and Mike Wallace make a lot for what they do too..no? Not them? Hehe. How come more folks aren't actively hating Dwayne Bowe?

Dez is obviously a more moody player/person than most. Odb isn't a likely candidate to be that guy. At least I don't think so.

Shockingly, star receivers generally don't love getting groped and/or cheaped without penalties. This is even more true with young guys who haven't been super paid yet. They know folks who don't watch the games look at box scores and/or ESPN highlights. They also know that some gms are those same folks sadly enough.

Landry had the similar situation happen to him vs the Jets/Revis earlier this year. And he wasn't a happy man with all of the revis groping/bs/cheap stuff. But folks aren't lurking around almost hoping for him to be a bad guy. He's with Miami and Tannehill...maybe that's punishment enough..haha. And he's not on the cover of madden.

Side note: I saw Andre Johnson as a sneaky bad team guy his last few years in Houston. He was racking up stats vs drop zones after the Texans would fall behind in games and I saw it as largely 'false'. I was cussing at people who were comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald favorably based on those stats. Now sure, the man has had a good career. And he was somewhere around great when he was younger. But once injuries crept in and the Texans started winning a little, I saw him as a drive-killer who was forcing passes his way via locker room crying. Hopkins showing up and beating down lots of his records in his first year as 'the guy' doesn't hurt my stance but hey...the game has changed for wrs. 80 catches, 1k yards, and 6 tds isn't what it was before. So many targets...

Tangents partially complete. In short, let's put away the pitchforks/lay off the kid for now...let him have a few years before we write his career summary. And let's enjoy a potentially great db vs wr battle develop. They'll play again soon if we're lucky. And really, odb might be one of few who can succeed vs Norman with any regularity.

Teams with Beckham that are going to make it to their Championships may be without their WR1 next week. Its being reported he will be suspended for one game. Im sure he will appeal so maybe he wont miss week 16?

Any chance of a suspension for Norman?

(Julio owner)

Lol, probably not. I think the head butt was the action warranting suspension, not all that jawing and pushing.

Heard on sports talk radio EEI Boston that OBJ will be suspended one game per NFL office.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9403/odell-beckham

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it is "likely" Odell Beckham is suspended one game for his actions during the Giants' Week 15 loss to the Panthers.

Schefter cautions the league is still discussing disciplinary actions, but a suspension is justified after Beckham lost control Sunday. Beckham was flagged for three personal fouls, but his most egregious act came when he drove the crown of his helmet into Josh Norman's head at the end of a play. If he is suspended, that play will likely be the reason. Beckham will likely appeal if he is handed a suspension, making it possible he could play in the most important fantasy week of the season. This developing story will be updated all week.

Of course that fockstick would do this when i wouldnt be going against him anywhere and sort of need him in one league where i have Eli.

Hopefully an appeal keeps him active next week.

Of course that fockstick would do this when i wouldnt be going against him anywhere and sort of need him in one league where i have Eli.

Hopefully an appeal keeps him active next week.

Suspension would happen today. Appeal would happen tomorrow. No chance that the punishment will be delayed a week.

Suspension would happen today. Appeal would happen tomorrow. No chance that the punishment will be delayed a week.

Yet...it happens all the time.

Suspension...then wait a few days before filing any appeal so that they end up delaying it.

Things may have changed...but it wouldn't be the first time...and when has the league ever moved that quickly on suspensions/appeals?

• Like 1

Suspension...then wait a few days before filing any appeal so that they end up delaying it.

Things may have changed...but it wouldn't be the first time...and when has the league ever moved that quickly on suspensions/appeals?

I agree - but this may come down to the Giants trying to figure out which game would be easier to win without him.

Suspension is absolutely warranted, I like the kid but, he lost it Sunday. He should have been tossed on multiple occasions.

wasn't kicked out of game, but likely will be suspended. Makes perfect NFL sense.

I hope the NFL makes an example out of OBJ and throws the book at him. That helmet hit was way out of line.

I hope the NFL makes an example out of OBJ and throws the book at him. That helmet hit was way out of line.

With the emphasis on concussions, and especially with the Concussion movie coming out, I don't see how the NFL could afford not to make an example out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if it's multiple games.

Then he'll appeal, get the punishment delayed, play this weekend, and help me win my championship :banana:

I thought the rule was if you throw a punch you're ejected?

Norman has an iron jaw is what I learned from this. He should get into MMA.

The new CBA has provisions in it for this type of action. Just like it happened in the Talib case, you can't wait forever to decide whether you will appeal and they have a process to handle the appeal quickly with either Derrick Brooks or James Thrash hearing the appeal. The league wants it handled by Tuesday to allow teams to know who they will have available on game day.

Haven't really seen where OBJ has been a dirty player in his short career. Norman is good, and he likes to talk about it. I just saw two all-pros really competing at a high level, with maybe the wheels coming off a little.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/192741/plenty-of-reasons-to-support-an-odel-beckham-jr-suspension

He's a punk.

Edited to include two excerpts:

He was penalized three times for unsportsmanlike conduct, an event so rare that only two other players in the past 15 years have done it.

He has been fined three times in his 26-game career for unsportsmanlike conduct, according to ESPN Stats & Information -- totaling $29,706. In one incident, he punched Buffalo Bills safety Duke Williams. In another, he tried to kick St. Louis Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree.

There is NO reason why he should not have been ejected from the game after he hit Norman with the crown of his helmet. If that was the other way around and norman went after him he would be ejected right off the bat.

Thoughts: I watched nearly the entire game as I had vested interest. Had Carolina DST and opponent had OBJ. Beckham deserved to be ejected and deserved whatever fines/suspension are headed his way. That lowered head to the back/side of Norman's helmet is as dangerous as it gets, it's a career ender. High school kid around here got hit the same way a few years back and never walked again, severed his spine at the neck. If the NFL had ANY concern about player safety they'd suspend him the rest of the season. Pathetic display by OBJ and he has officially entered the "Punkass who I don't want on my team" group for me fantasy-wise.

Regarding the game: That wasn't as much of a "win" for Norman as people would think. Beckham dropped a SURE TD early in the game where he beat Norman like a drum. 6 of 9 for 76 yds and a TD is a pretty darned good day and he put up almost exactly what Yahoo had forecast for him FF wise (in PPR league) and had a 48 yarder on his hands. Both OBJ and Norman are RIDICULOUSLY good at what they do.

I see a bunch of idiots in here throwing Dez Bryant's name around.

Yes he's a diva. Yes he throws his tantrums on the sideline.

But when has he ever started launching his body and taking a cheap shot helmet to helmet blindsiding another player? Or have two personal fouls?

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, but OBJ took it to a whole other level yesterday. Dude was out of control for 3 quarters. Quite pathetic.

I see a bunch of idiots in here throwing Dez Bryant's name around.

Yes he's a diva. Yes he throws his tantrums on the sideline.

But when has he ever started launching his body and taking a cheap shot helmet to helmet blindsiding another player? Or have two personal fouls?

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, but OBJ took it to a whole other level yesterday. Dude was out of control for 3 quarters. Quite pathetic.

Agree, Bryant and all his actions are nothing compared to the embarrassment OBJ showed yesterday.

Agree, Bryant and all his actions are nothing compared to the embarrassment OBJ showed yesterday.

If you look past Dez packing it in a few weeks ago, yeah, ODB is worse.

Schefter reporting he's likely to get a 1 game suspension. That will all but guarantee me losing two games next week. This focking idiot should be mandated to see a shrink.

Omg i hope this happens

He'll play next week, because it is a Sunday night game. The NFL doesn't want to lose it's marketing ability for that game.

• Like 1

Hate to say this , but I had no problem with it , looked like old time football to me . Look at the battles that where taking place on the field in the 70es now that was good and fun to watch football . The league has tried so hard to take away the one on one battles with rule changes it has watered it down so much that it looks makes a player like Beckham look like a bad guy , this was the way the game use to be played on the field . It don't bother me soon they well be wearing flags so don't complain about this rough and tough game of today .

Wow.

I didn't watch the game ..from highlights I watched..Norman didn't appear to be an angel either.

I'm a NYG fan, and OBJ's antics were embarrassing. Yes, Norman threw OBJ on the turf "first," and the refs didn't catch it. But OBJ was out-of-control, seeking out primarily Norman (and sometimes other CAR DEF players) to hit after each play.

Like another commenter said: OBJ also was "losing it" during the BUF game, as he had S. Gilmore on him, and Eli didn't like the matchup / didn't give OBJ many targets.

WRs can NOT sustain the type of production he had his first year, for a CAREER. He needs to cool his jets, when he has "off" games.

Now they are blaming a symbolic bat that Carolina carries as the reason for OBJ going off.

He thought someone would come to the sidelines and hit him in the knees with it. :lol:

Schefter reporting he's likely to get a 1 game suspension. That will all but guarantee me losing two games next week. This focking idiot should be mandated to see a shrink.

How much money is on the line?

High school kid around here got hit the same way a few years back and never walked again, severed his spine at the neck.

Perfectly fine according to the resident Jesus-freak Weepaws.

No big deal if he had broken Norman's jaw, neck or caused brain damage.

It's the equivalent to a hockey player swinging his stick at a guy's head... on purpose, after the play is over.

Both sides are a-holes, but ODB is the bigger A-hole. No good guys or victims here.

Was listening to Sirius XM and the report says the Panthers were holding black bats and pointing to OBJ during warm ups. They were probably trying to get into his head. Bad idea for Josh Norman. Found a link to it.

http://deadspin.com/reports-bat-wielding-panthers-menaced-odell-beckham-jr-1749127130