edjr

How can you not root for Tim Tebow?

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Certainly...but what then, is the measure of a QB? 

How often he can win despite how poorly his defense plays.  How well he plays continuously.  How well he plays over all.

To me, it's hard to make an argument in favor of guy, among this criteria, when he has a .500 winning %.

23 hours ago, edjr said:

Is that what you heard on ESPN?  

Tewbow had a career 75.3 passer rating.  

Steve Bono    75.3
Scott Mitchell    75.3
Ken Stabler+    75.3
Tim Couch    75.1
Norm Van Brocklin+    75.1
Sid Luckman+    75
Vinny Testaverde    75
David Carr    74.9
Chris Miller    74.9
Don Meredith    74.8
Brian Sipe    74.8
Jake Plummer    74.6
Roman Gabriel    74.3
Y.A. Tittle+    74.3
Steve DeBerg    74.2
Gus Frerotte    74.2
Earl Morrall    74.1
Kerry Collins    73.8
Frankie Albert    73.5
Craig Morton    73.5
Rodney Peete    73.3
Mark Sanchez    73.2
Daryle Lamonica    72.9
Greg Landry    72.9
Don Majkowski    72.9
Ron Jaworski    72.8
Tommy Kramer    72.8
Tony Banks    72.4
Bubby Brister    72.3
John Brodie    72.3
Sammy Baugh+    72.2
Milt Plum    72.2
Billy Wade    72.2
Jay Schroeder    71.7
Billy Kilmer    71.6
Bill Munson    71.5
Rex Grossman    71.4
Terry Bradshaw+    70.9
Lynn Dickey    70.9
Kordell Stewart    70.7

No... that's what I watched, in person, at training camp. Dude missed 6, five yard out routes with no coverage, IN A ROW.

I knew right then Josh Mcdumbass had up. 

13 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Tebow pulls the plug on his baseball career.

Makes it easier for me to root for him TBH

RIP :(

6 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

And he hopes one day to be a wide receiver 

He was an altar boy growing up, all set there.

• Haha 1

You might get a chance to root for him again!

Source: Jacksonville Jaguars expected to sign Tim Tebow as TE

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- It looks like Tim Tebow is finally going to be playing for his hometown team. Just not as a quarterback.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to sign Tebow, 33, to a one-year contract later this week or next week to play tight end, a position he never played in high school, college or his previous three-year NFL career, a source confirmed to ESPN. A deal has not been agreed upon at this time.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I wonder if he's ever played hockey?

Wish Lebron would try

lot of racist and hate  tweets coming from  nfl players. why does tebow have job and kaepernicl dont:(

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

lot of racist and hate  tweets coming from  nfl players. why does tebow have job and kaepernicl dont:(

Why?  Because he signed a minimum pay contract with no guarantee to even make the team, let alone be handed the starting job.

44 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Tebow on kneels for Priests

50 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

I think Kaep would have to give back some dough, and also lose cred with his folks. He never wanted to play again,  said it from the start. Mo money in cryin.

Today I learned that if a white male gets an extra chance in life, anywhere, then it is racist because a black trans had to have been denied that chance.

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Today I learned that if a white male gets an extra chance in life, anywhere, then it is racist because a black trans had to have been denied that chance.

Hey, you already learned about Australian accents.  Pace yourself.  :nono:

I can't cheer for Tebow because the media along with present and former NFL players have told me I can't.  How can a white boy who hasn't been in the NFL for 10 years get a job and not my man Kap? I'll tell you why...SYSTEMIC RACISM!!!  😠

15 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Giants signed Kelvin Benjamin to try as a TE.

Nothing from the "that's racist" crowd. :bench:

that might work, Benjamin has been built like Waller since day 1

15 more lbs, thats a good risk/reward

On 5/14/2021 at 6:39 AM, porkbutt said:

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

One is signing as a backup Tight End for probably the minimum or close to it.

The other won't sign unless he is guaranteed a certain salary / playing time as a QB.

Apples and Oranges you dumb fockers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The other won't sign unless he is guaranteed a certain salary / playing time as a QB.

Not to mention that when Tebow refused to play another position than QB he couldn't find a job either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

wanna hear a real dumb fock?...look up stephen a smiths latest comments bringing white privilege, chauvin and george floyd into it.

Immediately NFL top 5 selling items are Tebow related, sure that will piss somebody off.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Not to mention that when Tebow refused to play another position than QB he couldn't find a job either.

Not only did he refuse to play another position, but never talked about is how he blundered his way out of his SF contract by using his option to terminate the contract.  He had one more year guaranteed in SF, where he almost certainly would have been the starter.   He and his agent blew it, and then blame everyone in the NFL. 

I was never and still not a Tebow fan. But you know what he's not a bad dude lives a good life I don't see him preaching to me about his beliefs in fact it was the media pushing his beliefs on us most of the time if not all the time. So yeah go get it Tebow.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I was never and still not a Tebow fan. But you know what he's not a bad dude lives a good life I don't see him preaching to me about his beliefs in fact it was the media pushing his beliefs on us most of the time if not all the time. So yeah go get it Tebow.

I have heard that many cucks don't like him because he used to only get beejers from super hot women because of his religion.  

No way in hell a football fan can root for these piss poor attempts at blocking  

First this:

Then this:  

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

No way in hell a football fan can root for these piss poor attempts at blocking  

First this:

Then this:  

The first one he blocked him until the RB as long gone. The second one, was he supposed to stay on the lineman or chip him then go to the linebacker? What was his assignment on that play? 

On 5/21/2021 at 11:54 PM, porkbutt said:

wanna hear a real dumb fock?...look up stephen a smiths latest comments bringing white privilege, chauvin and george floyd into it.

I would like to lock Steven A smiff and Colin cowherd in a room with a rusty screwdriver and tell them the survivor gets let go. Then shoot the winner. 

11 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The first one he blocked him until the RB as long gone. The second one, was he supposed to stay on the lineman or chip him then go to the linebacker? What was his assignment on that play? 

First play:

The defender took himself out of the play,  making it easy for Timmy to finish him off, but he didn’t.  He didn’t even put his head in the right side of the block.  He barely tapped the guy, fell down, then ended up trying to block his own teammate.  

2nd play:

Based on Tebow’s 1st step (which was a terrible 1st step btw) and the hole the RB ran to, I assume he should be kicking the DE outside and driving him out of the hole.  

Hard to tell what was called at the line, but #14 looks to be down blocking on that LB, which isn’t a great idea based on the play call, but that’s another discussion.  #7 also failed miserably. 

These are back to back plays and Timmy once again failed to hold his block for more than a nanosecond.  

#InTebowWeTrust