Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

What are your fast food 'go-to's' in a pinch?

Back when my daughter was playing travel soccer, I ate at least three fast food meals a week in my car.  Running straight from work to pick her up and then wait two hours while she practiced. A home-cooked meal was a rarity.

Although it's not nearly as frequent these days, time or logistics sometimes means a trip through the old drive-thru.   When faced with that delimma, my go-to choices are:

Arby's Chicken cordon blue samdwich and curly fries

or

Wendy's double cheeseburger.

What are your go-to fast food meals?

I almost never eat it but a road trip isn’t complete without a Sausage Egg McMuffin.

Absolutely refuse to eat Mc Donalds.  Complete garbage.  Arby's in a pinch but if I'm in a hurry, I'll hit a Chinese buffet.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I almost never eat it but a road trip isn’t complete without a Sausage Egg McMuffin.

These are good as well.  As are the sausage egg and cheese crousanwhich at Burger King.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

These are good as well.  As are the sausage egg and cheese crousanwhich at Burger King.

I was in a McD’s in Southern NJ that had a TOBASCO BAR last year - my SEMcM was especially great that day.

Seeing as McDs is really the only late night option.

Depending on my drunkedness. 

Single or Double Royale w/ cheese

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I was in a McD’s in Southern NJ that had a TOBASCO BAR last year - my SEMcM was especially great that day.

I like Burger King's better but for some reason, they stop making them at 10:30 am. You can get an Egg McMuffin anytime at McDonalds. Not sure why Burger King feels it's a good business plan to offer less options then their competitors, but that's what they've decided.

It used to be a half dozen 79 cent bean burritos from Taco Bell with five handfuls of hot sauce.  Another good deal was when they ran Whopper Jr's for 99 cents.

1 minute ago, Mungwater said:

Raising canes is probably my go-to, love that sauce

Never heard of that. Is it a regional thing?

Is it possible to eat a double QP w cheese and not sh1t yourself within the hour?

21 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I think they’re branching out, but it’s a chicken tenders only place.  I believe they started in Louisiana, get four tenders, with their special sauce, a piece of bread, fries, and coleslaw for about seven dollars.

eta: http://www.raisingcanes.com/our-menu

• Like 1

We rarely eat fast food.  When we do:

Arby's 

Carl's Jr

Rubios

In-n-Out

Jack in the box

A&W

BK

McDowell's is the last resort, though I would like to try some of those new to USA international items.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

Carl's Jr

Why do they call Hardees Carl's Jr on the West coast?

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

Arby's 

Carl's Jr

Rubios

In-n-Out

Jack in the box

A&W

BK

McDowell's is the last resort, though I would like to try some of those new to USA international items.

Southwest? I haven't seen a Jack in the Box in years. I remember the deep fried tacos. Just wow. 

I haven't been to a White Castle in a really long time, but I love that place. Jalapeno double cheeseburgers. Yum. 

Taco Bell. Same as above but crunchy tacos with the fire sauce. 

3 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Unsure amigo.   i haven't looked into it.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Southwest? I haven't seen a Jack in the Box in years. I remember the deep fried tacos. Just wow. 

I am in Sonoma County. We have them throughout California.  I know in SF/Northbay it really varies location to location. Several are just horrible.

Now I don’t have one close by anymore but my “go to” will ALWAYS be Whataburger. Love that place. Closest one is 3 1/2 hours away in Florida. So any time my wife and i go to Florida we always stop by there so I can get my fix. 

2 for $6 anything at Arby's

Taco Casa (tx & ou only I think)

Burger King

McDonald's (little cheeseburgers are great)

Taco Bueno

Popeye's

Jimmy John's

Schlotzkey's

Whataburger

Long John Silvers

BK Whopper

BK spicy chicken sandwich

Subway ham sub

Little Italy pizza

Pontillos chicken tenders with hot sauce

A&W Papa Burger

... Just a few of my faves

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

Carl's Jr bought out Hardees many years ago and kept Hardees name for the ones that were already named that.  I think. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Carl's Jr bought out Hardees many years ago and kept Hardees name for the ones that were already named that.  I think. 

No, it seems to be a East Coast West Coast thing, all here in the SE are Hardees, new or old

Probably arctic circle or Culver’s but I also enjoy Wendy’s, Sonic, jack in the box, Dairy Queen, Arby’s , Carls junior, a&w, zips drive in and tacotime. 

:(

9 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I just tell my girlfriend I'm hungry. She makes me something pretty fast

... if she knows what's good for her.  

In-N-Out Double Double

McDonald's Sausage Mcmuffin W/ egg

28 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Taco Focking John's....

Ole' s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

No, it seems to be a East Coast West Coast thing, all here in the SE are Hardees, new or old

Hardees used to be Burger Chef too

4 minutes ago, nospk said:

Hardees used to be Burger Chef too

Not in the SE, at least not in my lifetime

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

I don't eat any of this shiot, but Raisin' Canes is a chicken fingers (only) place. Fingers and sides. Stoopid concept, imho.

7 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Not in the SE, at least not in my lifetime

The beginning of the end occurred in 1982, when General Foods' Burger Chef division was sold to Imasco, a Canadian tobacco conglomerate, who had purchased Hardee's the year previous with the goal of quickly amassing a nationwide fast food chain. 

Burger Chef's mostly midwestern market made for a significant territory expansion when added to Hardee's mostly southern market. Around this time, most Burger Chef locations converted to Hardee's locations. Burger Chef franchisees located sufficiently far enough away from the nearest Hardee's were offered Hardee's franchises. Burger Chef franchisees in existing Hardee's markets, located too close to existing Hardee's locations were allowed to continue to operate as Burger Chef until their franchise agreements expired. Most of the remaining Burger Chef franchisees had either closed, changed restaurant formats, or at least had changed their names by the early 1990's. The last remaining Burger Chef, located in Cookeville, Tennessee changed its name to Pleasers in 1996 following an ownership change, and would eventually close.