Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Poison set 2020 stadium tour...

saw def in like 80.  snuck in the back door with my high school buddies because it was the only thing going on.

all i remember, besides the sucking, was the strobe lights and the drum solo guy wearing a godzilla head.  pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah, there will lots of saggy t!tties on display I'm sure. 

That's not fair to OM. A's don't sag.

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah.  Pretty bad really.  

I like Def’s Bringin’ on the Heartache but not much else.  

Don’t care for any Crue or Poison songs  

Yeah, Def Leppard has some decent shallow rock songs, but I think they're wildly overrated. I actually had their 1st cassette and loved it when it came out, I guess maybe 1980? 

• Like 1

There is a lot of stupid in this thread. 

Music is subjective, I know, but some of you must have been completely tone deaf or complete queers growing up to not love some of the goodness from these 3 icons

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big Guy said:

You'd have to pay ME to see this Concert 👎🏽

IMO these are 3 of the worst popular bands of my lifetime. 

Their music sure were panty droppers...

Stadium tour :lol:

None of these venues will be at 50% and MC opening for DL is :lol:

Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett set dates for Stadium Tour 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-223028290.html

Five years after vowing they were absolutely, positively, even legally finished with touring, the guys in Motley Crue will be playing American stadiums next summer.

Capping weeks of rumors and leaks, the band formally announced Wednesday it'll be hitting the road with co-headliner Def Leppard and fellow rockers Poison and Joan Jett.

The Stadium Tour 2020, as they're calling it, was announced at a Hollywood event with the bands, hosted on SiriusXM's Volume channel by Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats.

The decision marks a big-time walk-back by Motley Crue, who staged a farewell tour in 2014-2015. At the time — aware of rock's long history of broken goodbye promises — the quartet swore that band members had signed a binding contract to prohibit them from future performing.

That tour played to more than a million concertgoers, who thought they were getting a final glimpse of the iconic glam-rock group.

"Honestly, I don't think any of us, when we were on the final tour, thought we would ever get back together," bassist Nikki Sixx said Wednesday. "We weren't really getting along at that point. ... When we came to the end, we broke the band up and went our separate ways."

Mainstream interest in the Crue was reignited earlier this year with "The Dirt," a film based on the band's spicy 2001 memoir.

It was during the making of the movie that band members reconnected, Sixx said.

"We realized how much we missed each other, and that got us to go in the recording studio," he said. "We had a blast in the studio, the movie took off, and our fans are super stoked, but we've also got a new generation of people."

Word of a pending tour with Def Leppard was leaked in November by Black Crowes manager Mark Didia. Motley Crue fueled the flames with a Nov. 18 video depicting the detonation of its "Cessation of Touring" contract.

Crue drummer Tommy Lee said production design started earlier this week.

"There's a lot of new technology right that we haven't gotten a chance to play with," Lee said.

July 7: Miami – Hard Rock Stadium
July 9: Orlando, Florida – Camping World Stadium
July 11: Charlotte, North Carolina – Bank Of America Stadium
July 14: Arlington, Texas – Globe Life Field
July 15: Houston – Minute Maid Park
July 19: San Francisco – Oracle Park
July 23: San Diego – Petco Park   
July 25: Phoenix (Glendale) – State Farm Stadium
Aug. 9: Atlanta, Suntrust Park
Aug. 11: Hershey, Pennsylvania –Hersheypark Stadium
Aug. 13: Buffalo, New York –New Era Field
Aug. 15: Philadelphia – Citizens Bank Park
Aug. 16: Pittsburgh – PNC Park
Aug. 18: Milwaukee – Miller Park
Aug. 20: Detroit – Comerica Park
Aug. 22: Washington D.C. – Nationals Park
Aug. 23: Flushing, New York – Citi Field
Aug. 25: Boston – Fenway Park
Aug. 28: Chicago – Wrigley Field
Aug. 30: Denver – Coors Field
Sept. 2: Seattle – T-Mobile Park
Sept. 5: Los Angeles – Sofi Stadium

On 11/21/2019 at 10:09 AM, Mike Honcho said:

How about we call it the "A Guy's Got to Eat" Tour

Someone captioned this one "When the pizza rolls are done".  :lol:

7 minutes ago, posty said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-223028290.html

Five years after vowing they were absolutely, positively, even legally finished with touring, the guys in Motley Crue will be playing American stadiums next summer.

Capping weeks of rumors and leaks, the band formally announced Wednesday it'll be hitting the road with co-headliner Def Leppard and fellow rockers Poison and Joan Jett.

The Stadium Tour 2020, as they're calling it, was announced at a Hollywood event with the bands, hosted on SiriusXM's Volume channel by Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats.

The decision marks a big-time walk-back by Motley Crue, who staged a farewell tour in 2014-2015. At the time — aware of rock's long history of broken goodbye promises — the quartet swore that band members had signed a binding contract to prohibit them from future performing.

That tour played to more than a million concertgoers, who thought they were getting a final glimpse of the iconic glam-rock group.

"Honestly, I don't think any of us, when we were on the final tour, thought we would ever get back together," bassist Nikki Sixx said Wednesday. "We weren't really getting along at that point. ... When we came to the end, we broke the band up and went our separate ways."

Mainstream interest in the Crue was reignited earlier this year with "The Dirt," a film based on the band's spicy 2001 memoir.

It was during the making of the movie that band members reconnected, Sixx said.

"We realized how much we missed each other, and that got us to go in the recording studio," he said. "We had a blast in the studio, the movie took off, and our fans are super stoked, but we've also got a new generation of people."

Word of a pending tour with Def Leppard was leaked in November by Black Crowes manager Mark Didia. Motley Crue fueled the flames with a Nov. 18 video depicting the detonation of its "Cessation of Touring" contract.

Crue drummer Tommy Lee said production design started earlier this week.

"There's a lot of new technology right that we haven't gotten a chance to play with," Lee said.

July 7: Miami – Hard Rock Stadium
July 9: Orlando, Florida – Camping World Stadium
July 11: Charlotte, North Carolina – Bank Of America Stadium
July 14: Arlington, Texas – Globe Life Field
July 15: Houston – Minute Maid Park
July 19: San Francisco – Oracle Park
July 23: San Diego – Petco Park   
July 25: Phoenix (Glendale) – State Farm Stadium
Aug. 9: Atlanta, Suntrust Park
Aug. 11: Hershey, Pennsylvania –Hersheypark Stadium
Aug. 13: Buffalo, New York –New Era Field
Aug. 15: Philadelphia – Citizens Bank Park
Aug. 16: Pittsburgh – PNC Park
Aug. 18: Milwaukee – Miller Park
Aug. 22: Washington D.C. – Nationals Park
Aug. 23: Flushing, New York – Citi Field
Aug. 25: Boston – Fenway Park
Aug. 28: Chicago – Wrigley Field
Aug. 30: Denver – Coors Field
Sept. 2: Seattle – T-Mobile Park
Sept. 5: Los Angeles – Sofi Stadium

Florida and Texas in the summer heat?  Between all these geezers, the over/under on myocardial infarction has to be at least 2.  Although, I did see DL on the iHeart radio concert the other week and Phil Collen looks like hes fighting off aging pretty well.  Dude was ripped.

18 minutes ago, posty said:

:headbanger:

Already bought my tickets, cant wait

Getting dragged into it but I know it will be fun. Willing to bet though, some of the tribute bands are better than the real bands at this point.

Speaking of Vince Neil, years ago I was invited to Christmas at a home in CA when I was in the military away from home. Apparently Vince was their neighbor as a kid. He still sent Christmas cards and visited them. The family was super nice and they loved Neil. He never forget where he came from I will say that. 

Got field tickets in Wrigley!! 

3 of my favorite bands of all time.... will be like in a anthology of my teenage years. No I know they're not great anymore although Def Leppard still puts on a really really good show.

Sounds like Jett and Poison will play about 45 min- 1 hour..then Crue and Leppard play an hour and  a half. Def Leppard closes Chicago. 

Not if you was the last immigrant grocer on earth, suckah.

So much fat, so much old, so much backing track vocals. you are a fool for pissing money away on this

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Already bought my tickets, cant wait

1 hour ago, edjr said:

So much fat, so much old, so much backing track vocals. you are a fool for pissing money away on this

Some of us have money we are OK pissing away on something like this.... so you never want to see any older band before they are completely done or dead? That's an interesting take. Pretty silly take but an interesting one.

I'm thankful I saw Petty before he died. He wasn't great and my God he was never a great live singer. The point was to enjoy the live music before they or ourselves are too old to see them again.  Was never really an Elton John fan or Bruce Springsteen but I saw both of them just to have the experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Some of us have money we are OK pissing away on something like this.... so you never want to see any older band before they are completely done or dead? That's an interesting take. Pretty silly take but an interesting one.

I'm thankful I saw Petty before he died. He wasn't great and my God he was never a great live singer. The point was to enjoy the live music before they or ourselves are too old to see them again.  Was never really an Elton John fan or Bruce Springsteen but I saw both of them just to have the experience.

since 1999 I've seen Poison 4 times, Bret alone twice, Def Lep 3 times, MC 5 times and MC without Tommy once, Vince alone 3 times.

Last time was probably 2015

Never saw Petty before he died, wish I had, saw Prince though. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

since 1999 I've seen Poison 4 times, Bret alone twice, Def Lep 3 times, MC 5 times and MC without Tommy once, Vince alone 3 times.

Last time was probably 2015

Never saw Petty before he died, wish I had, saw Prince though. 

Oh nice. Really wish I saw prince before. MJ is the big miss....but back then he didnt come anywhere close to Iowa and my parents weren't taking me..ha.

I'm pretty close to you on all 3...havent seen poison as much. They all put on a good show. And tickets weren't that bad. I dunno. 

15 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Oh nice. Really wish I saw prince before. MJ is the big miss....but back then he didnt come anywhere close to Iowa and my parents weren't taking me..ha.

I'm pretty close to you on all 3...havent seen poison as much. They all put on a good show. And tickets weren't that bad. I dunno. 

MJ would have been good, I wouldn't have seen the last concert he was supposed to have.

My big miss is The Eagles :(  

20 hours ago, edjr said:

I thought I felt this way until I saw Aerosmith a few years ago..  They killed it for 2.5 hours, was awesome.

Kansas City stop just added June 23

Still couldn't give me a free ticket.

19 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Interesting I had the opportunity to see Petty three times and he was excellent all three.Of course the last time was close to 10 years ago.

Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe and Poison New Tour Dates

June 21 – San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome
June 23 – Kansas City, MO @ Kauffman Stadium
June 25 – St. Louis, Missouri @ Busch Stadium
June 27 – Minneapolis, MN @ U.S. Bank Stadium
June 29 – Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium
July 2 – Cincinnati, OH @ Great American Ballpark
July 3 – Cleveland, OH @ FirstEnergy Stadium

On 11/18/2019 at 8:15 PM, vuduchile said:

Bringin’ on the Heart Attack. 

Talk Diapers To Me

11 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Talk Diapers To Me

Kickstart my Heart.....because its gone into arrest. 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I thought I felt this way until I saw Aerosmith a few years ago..  They killed it for 2.5 hours, was awesome.

Poison, DL and MC will play for 2:30 combined

39 minutes ago, posty said:

Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe and Poison New Tour Dates

June 21 – San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome
June 23 – Kansas City, MO @ Kauffman Stadium
June 25 – St. Louis, Missouri @ Busch Stadium
June 27 – Minneapolis, MN @ U.S. Bank Stadium
June 29 – Nashville, TN @ Nissan Stadium
July 2 – Cincinnati, OH @ Great American Ballpark
July 3 – Cleveland, OH @ FirstEnergy Stadium

:headbanger:

44 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Kickstart my Heart.....because its gone into arrest. 

Every Nose Has Its Hairs

On 11/18/2019 at 11:17 AM, Cdub100 said:

In for Detroit. Geek meet up!

Not remotely interested in seeing them at Comerica park.  Pass

Meh - been there, done that.

Seen all 3, and they were incredible shows - some of the best nights of my youth.... But that's just it, I saw them as a kid. The entire reason they were so awesome is bcoz I was 21 years old - partying till the sun came up, smoking Gawd knows what.

At 50, the whole energy and excitement has faded. And I'm damn sure not staying up partying till 5 a.m.. Not to mention, there's no way these guys can sound like they did 30 years ago.

15 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Meh - been there, done that.

Seen all 3, and they were incredible shows - some of the best nights of my youth.... But that's just it, I saw them as a kid. The entire reason they were so awesome is bcoz I was 21 years old - partying till the sun came up, smoking Gawd knows what.

At 50, the whole energy and excitement has faded. And I'm damn sure not staying up partying till 5 a.m.. Not to mention, there's no way these guys can sound like they did 30 years ago.

They use backing tapes just to sound average. MC and DL have both been caught doing it.

• Like 1