Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

11 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

So Russia is just flat out not reporting cases right

Russia, N Korea, Most of Africa

18 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Sorry for jumping on you with the Pelaton thing a few months ago. You have been one of the better posters the last month or two and I should not have been an ass.

Does super own a pelaton? He deserved it if so

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yes, they are quite clean in their home. Obsessively so even.

The problem is public spaces. Public restrooms are absolutely filthy, and have no soap or paper in most cases. Tending them mostly involves throwing some mothballs in the urinal to knock the stench down.

Littering is just a matter of course here, so there is often garbage everywhere. Not so much in top tier cities, but in other places, pissing and sh!tting on the sidewalk is common, especially among small children. 

Food sanitation standards do not exist. You will commonly see meat sitting out in the heat for sale with flies buzzing about. 

Yes, many people have maids. But they're pretty lazy and useless. 

Odd that they would be so clean at home and Filthy out in public.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Does super own a pelaton? He deserved it if so

I most certainly do not

A friend posted this on FB today.  Not sure if he wrote it or copied it, but I chuckled.  

Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 1599 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dogs.. for now.. (I'm soaking their food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate them from the inside in case I have to eat them) . I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

A friend posted this on FB today.  Not sure if he wrote it or copied it, but I chuckled.  

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Was he from Tucson?

21 hours ago, nzoner said:

Got to Sam's Club 5 minutes before opening and the line was over 100 deep,the new TP shipment was gone in 5 minutes so I missed out but they did have 700 coffee filters for $4 .

A man who knows how to improvise.

2 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Well I'm guessing most if Africa have 0 access to test kids

It's really a waste to test kids, they need to test old people. 

I read the other day that there were certain longitudes where the virus was the most deadly and that most of Africa fell out of that range.  Not sure if true but hopefully that is the case.

20 hours ago, DonS said:

Only question would be whether they're safe to flush.  Would suck to mess up your plumbing or septic system. 

Do the Chinese method. We don't have degradable TP here, if you flush enough TP and it'll back up your sewage system. I learned this the hard way. My thinking was "Stupid Chinese, collecting their TP in a trash bin rather than dropping it in with the sh^t. I ain't doing that." 

Nope, they're right and I was wrong. It's a lesson you only need to learn once. 

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Was he from Tucson?

Nope.  He is from NY.  He actually posted it last night.  I did not see it until this morning.  

Just now, Voltaire said:

Do the Chinese method. We don't have degradable TP here, if you flush enough TP and it'll back up your sewage system. I learned this the hard way. My thinking was "Stupid Chinese, collecting their TP in a trash bin rather than dropping it in with the sh^t. I ain't doing that." 

A lesson you only need to learn once. 

Oh just wait...as folks run out of TP and start flushing the flushable wipes, which are not flushable.  And systems back up all over tarnation

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I read the other day that there were certain longitudes where the virus was the most deadly and that most of Africa fell out of that range.  Not sure if true but hopefully that is the case.

I keep hearing it's really weak in the heat, and typically dry climates do not sustain viruses. We need a dry heat wave.

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's really a waste to test kids, they need to test old people. 

Except that the kids are carriers, move faster and can infect more people.  Part of the reason to test is to properly quarantine people who are infected.  If we had enough tests, we could use it that way.  For now, we just test the people who could have it and might be compromised and saved.  It isn't the really old people either.  It is the people in the 50-75 range who are sort of healthy.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I keep hearing it's really weak in the heat, and typically dry climates do not sustain viruses. We need a dry heat wave.

See, that is the problem.  I hear that humidity helps.  Which is it?

I'm going to create an alias here called Miss Information and talk out my ass about things I've heard or read on facebook about CV.  There is so f'n misinformation over this.  It's crazy.  

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

That is what is so focked up about new viruses like this and why people cannot be calmed.  Personally, I think much of this is overkill, but I am not confident enough to get past erring on the side of caution.  I figure the consequences of being wrong if I overreact are less than if I don't take it seriously.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is what is so focked up about new viruses like this and why people cannot be calmed.  Personally, I think much of this is overkill, but I am not confident enough to get past erring on the side of caution.  I figure the consequences of being wrong if I overreact are less than if I don't take it seriously.  :dunno:

I will say, it seems that perhaps humidity limits immediate person to person contact, and dry limits surface to person contact.  Maybe.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I will say, it seems that perhaps humidity limits immediate person to person contact, and dry limits surface to person contact.  Maybe.  :dunno:

I am not sure. I know that I bought a separate humidifier for my bedroom in the fall.  My house has forced hot air and being dry in the winter sucks when you wake up.  Your nose and eyes are all crusty and you feel like sh!t.  When I set it up, it indicated that having humidity at 43% helps reduce the likelihood of the flu, so I keep it around there.  

Whether it works for the Clusterfuckvirus, I have no idea, but I will go with the thinking that I am hopeful that spring weather will help keep it at bay.  

Texas has now reported it's 2nd Coronavirus death... In addition to the upper 90 year old who passed Sunday, a 77 year old man died y-day.

Gawd save us all - this is on the verge of eclipsing the Black Plague.

25 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'm going to create an alias here called Miss Information and talk out my ass about things I've heard or read on facebook about CV.  There is so f'n misinformation over this.  It's crazy.  

One of my wife's stupid coworkers texted her at midnight telling her she heard from 2 sources that the nationwide shutdown is coming today and that the military is being deployed to make sure everyone stays inside.  I told her to block that idiot.  

Just now, vuduchile said:

One of my wife's stupid coworkers texted her at midnight telling her she heard from 2 sources that the nationwide shutdown is coming today and that the military is being deployed to make sure everyone stays inside.  I told her to block that idiot.  

FB is going nuts.  My wife keeps asking me about Marshall Law.  I said I doubt you will be seeing armed military on our street. 

Just now, vuduchile said:

My mother called me on Monday with the same warning.  She said that the sister of the ex-husband of her sister, who works at the Pentagon, told her it was going to happen that night.  She then said my brother told her that one of the 2 bridges to Cape Cod was already shut down.  So, I sent here a picture of Google to say the bridges were both open and that her sister is a lunatic.  We talked last night again and I told her to stop listing to people who "know" something.  It is all bullshit.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

FB is going nuts.  My wife keeps asking me about Marshall Law.  I said I doubt you will be seeing armed military on our street. 

It's interesting to see how certain language can induce this sort of hysteria.  For example, why did SF officials tell citizens to "Shelter in Place"  That's a term that's commonly used when there's a tornado or an active shooter.  It indicates a clear and present danger.  

Why not just say "Stay at Home"?

20 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

One of the reasons I donate blood is because I am type O. Good news for some people, this makes up for the susceptibility to norovirus that we(type O) have.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The proportion of blood group A and O in COVID-19 patients were significantly higher and lower, respectively, than that in normal people (both P < 0.001). Similar ABO distribution pattern was observed in 398 patients from another two hospitals in Wuhan and Shenzhen. Meta-analyses on the pooled data showed that blood group A had a significantly higher risk for COVID-19 (odds ratio-OR, 1.20; 95% confidence interval-CI 1.02~1.43, P = 0.02) compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease (OR, 0.67; 95% CI 0.60~0.75, P < 0.001) compared with non-O blood groups.In addition, the influence of age and gender on the ABO blood group distribution in patients with COVID-19 from two Wuhan hospitals (1,888 patients) were analyzed and found that age and gender do not have much effect on the distribution.

CONCLUSION People with blood group A have a significantly higher risk for acquiring COVID-19 compared with non-A blood groups, whereas blood group O has a significantly lower risk for the infection compared with non-O blood groups.

This is cheerful. Os celebrate. I just found out that my wife is O too which means all our kids will be Os too.

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My mother called me on Monday with the same warning.  She said that the sister of the ex-husband of her sister, who works at the Pentagon, told her it was going to happen that night.  She then said my brother told her that one of the 2 bridges to Cape Cod was already shut down.  So, I sent here a picture of Google to say the bridges were both open and that her sister is a lunatic.  We talked last night again and I told her to stop listing to people who "know" something.  It is all bullshit.  

It really is.  People should just shut off the news until the doctor in charge is speaking.  

The articles and the stats keep contradicting each other. The only thing I think I know is the combination of R0 and the hospitalization rate required can overwhelm a health care system.

I keep reading stuff like the below, however this is contradictory to actual testing The testing is revealing far more negatives than positives. Which contradicts these articles.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-undiagnosed-spread.html

They estimated that, prior to the lockdown of Wuhan on Jan. 23, about 86% of all COVID-19 infections in China were undetected. In other words, for every confirmed case of COVID-19, there were six undetected cases. These undetected cases were responsible for the majority of the disease spread prior to the lockdown, the researchers said.

The findings have implications for COVID-19 spread in the rest of the world, as many countries are behind on testing for the disease. The results suggest that the number of cases worldwide could be five to 10 times higher than what has been reported, meaning the true number of cases could be higher than 1.5 million.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Nope, they're right and I was wrong. It's a lesson you only need to learn once. 

I flush mine every day. Actually we use kleenex rather than tp, but we always flush it and have never backed up the sh!tter.

In the office bathroom idgaf if I clog it up. It's not my fault they use bad plumbing. 

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Well I'm guessing most if Africa have 0 access to test kids

Africa also has lots of young people and very few old people.

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

Was he from Tucson?

It's Michael Gross's character from Tremors.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

It really is.  People should just shut off the news until the doctor in charge is speaking.  

Digby34 hasn’t been around. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

What about the Marshall Plan? 

35 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The articles and the stats keep contradicting each other. The only think I think I know is that the combination of R0 and the hospitalization rate required can overwhelm a health care system.

I keep reading stuff like the below, however this is contradictory to actual testing The testing is revealing far more negatives than positives. Which contradicts these articles.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-undiagnosed-spread.html

They estimated that, prior to the lockdown of Wuhan on Jan. 23, about 86% of all COVID-19 infections in China were undetected. In other words, for every confirmed case of COVID-19, there were six undetected cases. These undetected cases were responsible for the majority of the disease spread prior to the lockdown, the researchers said.

The findings have implications for COVID-19 spread in the rest of the world, as many countries are behind on testing for the disease. The results suggest that the number of cases worldwide could be five to 10 times higher than what has been reported, meaning the true number of cases could be higher than 1.5 million.

Makes sense, also drastically reducing the extremely bloated death rate.