Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

This is pretty messed up

Volunteers produce 3D-printed valves for life-saving coronavirus treatments

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/17/21184308/coronavirus-italy-medical-company-threatens-sue-3d-print-valves-treatments

I read that earlier. They were unwilling to meet demand. I guess we'll see how these opportunists fare in court once everything dies down. We have barely scratched the surface of 3D printing.

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

I'm going to create an alias here called Miss Information and talk out my ass about things I've heard or read on facebook about CV.  There is so f'n misinformation over this.  It's crazy.  

Just change your name to MTskibum

7 hours ago, DonS said:

It will be interesting to see how libs approach the free healthcare for ilegals in light of this mess.  Will they rethink it or will they double down?  I wonder how voters on the fence will respond?

Sh*t, I'm approaching the issue from the other side, myself. I don't want illegals going around sneezing on people. At the same time, I'm not sure confining them with other illegals or parachuting them into Guatemala with a 102 degree temperature is the right approach either.

I do know however, when medicines and respirators are in short supply, and you are operating your hospital under triage conditions, where the shortest end of the stick is.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Sh*t, I'm approaching the issue from the other side, myself. I don't want illegals going around sneezing on people. At the same time, I'm not sure confining them with other illegals or parachuting them into Guatemala with a 102 degree temperature is the right approach either.

I do know however, when medicines and respirators are in short supply, and you are operating your hospital under triage conditions, where the shortest end of the stick is.

How are things over there?  

2 dead, 4 critical after NJ family gathering.

I believe this family get-together took place before social distancing guidelines were given, but this is why people need to stay home.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/tragedy-claims-life-of-brother-sister-while-nj-family-members-remain-critical.html%3foutputType=amp

Would be interesting to track incremental domestic violence and suicide rates during all this. 

Florida gov refuses to shut down beaches for Spring Break.  

Thousands of horny college students will give this thing to each other, then come back to suburbia to spread it to the rest of us.  

Miami and Ft Lauderdale have already closed their beaches. 

What good does it do to ban flights, close borders, schools and restaurants when we have state governments acting irresponsibly?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-governor-refuses-shut-down-215237594.html

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Now the CDC is not so sure that young people should think this is only an old people disease.

https://apple.news/AFOl6uXuiSvu7FEMZxaqMaw

Well, it was never just an old person's disease.  We were just told younger people wouldn't generally die from it.  But I've heard it can cause permanent lung damage even if you live so ignoring proper safety protocol because you're not at risk of dieing isn't a smart move either.

Are there any diagrams or instructions of how exactly Anthony Bourdain ghosted himself? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Now the CDC is not so sure that young people should think this is only an old people disease.

https://apple.news/AFOl6uXuiSvu7FEMZxaqMaw

The new data show that up to one-fifth of infected people ages 20-44 have been hospitalized, including 2%-4% who required treatment in an intensive care unit.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well, it was never just an old person's disease.  We were just told younger people wouldn't generally die from it.  But I've heard it can cause permanent lung damage even if you live so ignoring proper safety protocol because you're not at risk of dieing isn't a smart move either.

Just like the vape "scare" . You focking people are sheep. 

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

7,000 US cases now. 

Yea and that’s just official tested and reported cases. The real number is way higher. There’s the ones who either haven’t been tested or don’t know they have it as well as ones who do have it but are just letting it pass like any other sickness (who goes to the doctor for a cold/flu?).

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Yea and that’s just official tested and reported cases. The real number is way higher. There’s the ones who either haven’t been tested or don’t know they have it as well as ones who do have it but are just letting it pass like any other sickness (who goes to the doctor for a cold/flu?).

I mean if I get it, which I have said is VERY likely.....unless it is severe and requires hospitalization, I plan to stay at home, rest, fluids etc.  And that will be one non reported case.  

I'm sure there are zillions like me.

Yesterday, Trump starts by invoking the Defense Production Act and people think it is a great idea.  He starts to show some leadership and rallies people around defeating this virus together by increasing production of medical supplies and tools needed to combat this thing.  We get military medical ships engaged to help with treatment in hot areas and leverage remote hospitals with the military's help. 

Then, later in the day, after he already took action, he says that he might not actually do it.  He tweeted that he "only signed the Defense Production Act to combat the Chinese Virus should we need to invoke it in a worst case scenario in the future."

WTF is he thinking?  Does he have people whispering in his ear that he should just be flipflopping or is he Sybil?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Yesterday, Trump starts by invoking the Defense Production Act and people think it is a great idea.  He starts to show some leadership and rallies people around defeating this virus together by increasing production of medical supplies and tools needed to combat this thing.  We get military medical ships engaged to help with treatment in hot areas and leverage remote hospitals with the military's help. 

Then, later in the day, after he already took action, he says that he might not actually do it.  He tweeted that he "only signed the Defense Production Act to combat the Chinese Virus should we need to invoke it in a worst case scenario in the future."

WTF is he thinking?  Does he have people whispering in his ear that he should just be flipflopping or is he Sybil?

I think that's just another example of Trump not knowing what he's doing.  He tries to do what he thinks will make certain people happy but will change that decision shortly after.  Who's actually calling the shots for our country?

(CNN) — Mainland China on Thursday reported there are no new locally-transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time since the the pandemic began late last year, marking a major turning point in the global battle to contain COVID-19.

The country reported 34 new cases of coronavirus yesterday — all imported from overseas.

The milestone represents a turnaround for the Chinese government. Just last month, mainland China was reporting thousands of cases per day, and was considered the most high-risk infection area in the world.

Now, after months of lockdowns and travel restrictions affecting hundreds of millions of citizens, strict home quarantines, and an unprecedented nationwide effort, the country is down to zero reported new locally transmitted cases.

Instead, the threat is now coming from overseas. The number of cases and deaths outside China have exploded in the past two weeks, with the pandemic hitting the US and Europe particularly hard.

If China is any model to go by, these countries could have months to go before reaching zero new local transmissions.

Places like mainland China and Hong Kong are now bracing for a potential second wave of infections, as people return from overseas, bringing the virus with them.

China also reported eight new deaths yesterday, according to the National Health Commission. The country now has a total of 80,928 cases and 3,245 deaths.

On 3/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My mother called me on Monday with the same warning.  She said that the sister of the ex-husband of her sister, who works at the Pentagon, told her it was going to happen that night.  She then said my brother told her that one of the 2 bridges to Cape Cod was already shut down.  So, I sent here a picture of Google to say the bridges were both open and that her sister is a lunatic.  We talked last night again and I told her to stop listing to people who "know" something.  It is all bullshit.  

Is the ex-husband's name RLLD?  :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fandandy said:

(CNN) — Mainland China on Thursday reported there are no new locally-transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time since the the pandemic began late last year, marking a major turning point in the global battle to contain COVID-19.

The country reported 34 new cases of coronavirus yesterday — all imported from overseas.

The milestone represents a turnaround for the Chinese government. Just last month, mainland China was reporting thousands of cases per day, and was considered the most high-risk infection area in the world.

Now, after months of lockdowns and travel restrictions affecting hundreds of millions of citizens, strict home quarantines, and an unprecedented nationwide effort, the country is down to zero reported new locally transmitted cases.

Instead, the threat is now coming from overseas. The number of cases and deaths outside China have exploded in the past two weeks, with the pandemic hitting the US and Europe particularly hard.

If China is any model to go by, these countries could have months to go before reaching zero new local transmissions.

Places like mainland China and Hong Kong are now bracing for a potential second wave of infections, as people return from overseas, bringing the virus with them.

China also reported eight new deaths yesterday, according to the National Health Commission. The country now has a total of 80,928 cases and 3,245 deaths.

Paybacks a biotch ain't it chinks.  :mad:

Great website to track flu-like fevers using Smart Thermometers from a company called Kinsa.  These thermometers instantly send data back to the company, so they are able to very quickly see trends in fevers vs. historical data.  You can plug in your zipcode.  Florida, it was nice to know you.  :(

https://healthweather.us/

14 hours ago, fandandy said:

How are things over there?  

Excellent.

China is the place to be right now. We hit a milestone today. For the first time since it started, no new domestic cases in all of China, including Hubei, were reported in 24 hours. Sichuan's been there for close to two weeks and Panzhihua close to four weeks. All new cases reported were being re-imported from outside China now.

Sichuan did have a new case yesterday and everyone else cured so we're down to one infected total. That new person must have been one of the people coming in from outside the country.

So Sichuan, 540 total infected,  536 recovered, 1 still infected, and 3 dead. 

Even focking Hubei is down to 6788 active cases and that number plummets by the hundreds and thousands every time it is updated.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Excellent.

China is the place to be right now. We hit a milestone today. For the first time since it started, no new domestic cases in all of China, including Hubei, were reported in 24 hours. Sichuan's been there for close to two weeks and Panzhihua close to four weeks. All new cases reported were being re-imported from outside China now.

Sichuan did have a new case yesterday and everyone else cured so we're down to one infected total. That new person must have been one of the people coming in from outside the country.

Even focking Hubei is down to 6788 active cases and that number plummets by the hundreds and thousands every time it is updated.

Let's hope that things don't heat up again once people get back to normal.  When do people go back to work and school?

33 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Excellent.

Are there dead bodies hidden?

One of my customers just told me she got a notification that there is supposedly a 1 to 2 week nationwide shutdown coming.

All businesses closed, all citizens staying home, National Guard and military patrols to enforce the shutdown. 

Seems a little far fetched but I guess we'll soon see. :unsure:

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

One of my customers just told me she got a notification that there is supposedly a 1 to 2 week nationwide shutdown coming.

All businesses closed, all citizens staying home, National Guard and military patrols to enforce the shutdown. 

Newbie is a customer?

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

So all grocery stores and hospitals closed for 2 weeks...

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

No police or firefighters either.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

No police or firefighters either.

Cant just shut down a steel mill with blast furnaces.   They run constantly for  a reason.  There is no off switch.   

Guess that also means no trucks on the road.  Delivering important supplies to the places they are needed.

10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Cant just shut down a steel mill with blast furnaces.   They run constantly for  a reason.  There is no off switch.   

Or Denny's.  Do they even have a lock on their door?  🤪

18 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I would assume hospitals will remain open but grocery stores would be closed according to her. And she works for one. 

Like I said, sounds far fetched but I guess we'll see. 

11 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Guess that also means no trucks on the road.  Delivering important supplies to the places they are needed.

Yep.  And no trucks on the road or ambulances because no gas stations.

43 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

If she's hot, you may want to ask her out.

Crazy + Hot = A Lot of Fun.

58 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Just so that you know, this rumor started on Monday and has been like playing telephone in elementary school.  Should have told her that she can get her next order free if she is right, but if she is wrong, she has to blow you.  

14 minutes ago, Leeson said:

If she's hot, you may want to fock her then run.

Crazy + Hot = A Lot of Fun.

FTFY

49 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I would assume hospitals will remain open but grocery stores would be closed according to her. And she works for one. 

Like I said, sounds far fetched but I guess we'll see. 

How the fock are you supposed to close grocery stores?  

You dodnt get food?  Oh well.  Guess you starve to death.  Sucks to be you