Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Christmas lights are bad

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj34PqB68PtAhUCLa0KHbRUCv0QFjABegQIChAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wdrb.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fminnesota-christmas-light-display-shamed-for-harmful-impact-in-anonymous-letter%2Farticle_2fc32724-3950-11eb-9f89-4fcef4f82b69.html&usg=AOvVaw05IR75cjFaWJ8t0-wj8P8n

A Minnesota family received an anonymous letter complaining about their Christmas lights display.

Apparently Christmas lights are now bad.

”The ideal of colorful, twinkling lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society,   a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own.”

“We must do the work of educating ourselves about the harmful impact an outward facing display like yours can have.” 

Was the return address on Mount Crumpit?

• Haha 1

I think it is a systemic bias that Jeff Bezos has so much more money than me. Give me some mutha fockin cheddah. NOW!

Is it time to activate the proud boys?

I actually saw a house yesterday that was seriously Clark Griswoldesque. No joke in the least. It was covered head to toe including the whole front yard. Freaking awesome.

It honestly topped this from the movie, because their whole front yard was done in the same manner.

https://www.cherrylandelectric.coop/2014/12/clark-griswold-cost-christmas-tree-lights/

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I love Christmas. Fock all the others that are miserable turds on this earth. Lights ahoy!!!!

:headbanger:

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I actually saw a house yesterday that was seriously Clark Griswoldesque. No joke in the least. It was covered head to toe including the whole front yard. Freaking awesome.

It honestly topped this from the movie, because their whole front yard was done in the same manner.

https://www.cherrylandelectric.coop/2014/12/clark-griswold-cost-christmas-tree-lights/

I think "take it down because it is gaudy" is a different argument than "it's symbolic of systemic racism."

Just now, Bier Meister said:

I think "take it down because it is gaudy" is a different argument than "it's symbolic of systemic racism."

Wasn't gaudy in the least. And not racist. So.... +2 on the day.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wasn't gaudy in the least. And not racist. So.... +2 on the day.

I did not open the link, so not sure if it was or was not gaudy.  

I think one would have to go out of their way to make Christmas or holiday lights racist. It is not inherently so.

Merry Christmas to all!

Even the gheys over at footballgheys, the athiests, the AOC fans and Bernie Bros.   I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.    I wish my Jewish friends Merry Christmas, knowing full well they celebrate Hannakuh, and they say Merry Christmas right back.    

🎁 I've heard that Mike Huckabee is sending all the idiot D Mayors in big cities a bible as a Christmas gift this year.   

It's ironic that this happened in a city named after a Catholic Saint (St. Anthony).  :D

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's ironic that this happened in a city named after a Catholic Saint (St. Anthony).  :D

Keep that up and we’ll change the name to something less offensive.

58 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

There used to be a farmhouse out by me that would decorate straight out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  We came across it by accident one night, cars were slowing down, stopping.  They had actual people dressed up as Mary and Joseph etc.  No sh1t.  It was unreal.

1 hour ago, Old School said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj34PqB68PtAhUCLa0KHbRUCv0QFjABegQIChAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wdrb.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fminnesota-christmas-light-display-shamed-for-harmful-impact-in-anonymous-letter%2Farticle_2fc32724-3950-11eb-9f89-4fcef4f82b69.html&usg=AOvVaw05IR75cjFaWJ8t0-wj8P8n

A Minnesota family received an anonymous letter complaining about their Christmas lights display.

Apparently Christmas lights are now bad.

”The ideal of colorful, twinkling lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society,   a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own.”

“We must do the work of educating ourselves about the harmful impact an outward facing display like yours can have.” 

jeez, I can afford it but I just went to dollar tree and spent 11$ on 1100 feet of those Xmas Icicle lights

When I was in junior high, I had a few friends who liked to play pranks on people.  They lacked a bit of a moral compass.  One example:  one friend’s phone number was close to the number for a carpet distributor, and their home occasionally got calls for them.  If my friend answered, he would discuss carpet like he knew what he was talking about.  If they asked for directions (pre-internets) he would send them in the opposite direction.

I say all this because this is the type of letter that these friends would have sent.  More generally, they would think it funny to see how far they could push the limits of woke virtual signaling SJW culture blah blah blah.  

As such, if I received such a letter, with no signature or return address, I would presume that it was a prank and do nothing.  :cheers:

57 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

When I was in junior high, I had a few friends who liked to play pranks on people.  They lacked a bit of a moral compass.  One example:  one friend’s phone number was close to the number for a carpet distributor, and their home occasionally got calls for them.  If my friend answered, he would discuss carpet like he knew what he was talking about.  If they asked for directions (pre-internets) he would send them in the opposite direction.

I say all this because this is the type of letter that these friends would have sent.  More generally, they would think it funny to see how far they could push the limits of woke virtual signaling SJW culture blah blah blah.  

As such, if I received such a letter, with no signature or return address, I would presume that it was a prank and do nothing.  :cheers:

Maybe. But it is Minnesota , near Minneapolis. 

I bet it was sent by a snarky conservative to a house that was bigly into BLM signaling over the summer.  🤔  All the buzzwords are there.

ETA: didn't see Skids' poast...pretty much agree with that.  

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I would assume they were serious and I would immediately go out and buy more lights to put up. 

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I would assume they were serious and I would immediately go out and buy more lights to put up. 

And a fountain and a Mercedes to park in the driveway. And leave big screen TV boxes at the garbage. To start. 

8 hours ago, lod001 said:

It's Minnesota. They are 3rd world now.

As a lifelong resident of this once proud state, I can honestly say that's an understatement.

5 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

That’s the ‘Cities’ out state in a trying to stop the bullsh1t 

I hear ya, but it's not working.

8 hours ago, lod001 said:

It's Minnesota. They are 3rd world now.

Eh, we just keep the retards east of 35W and north of 55.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And a fountain and a Mercedes to park in the driveway. And leave big screen TV boxes at the garbage. To start. 

:thumbsup:

And as many MERRY CHRISTMAS signs as I could fit on the lawn. 

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:thumbsup:

And as many MERRY CHRISTMAS signs as I could fit on the lawn. 

And a lawn jockey. 

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I didn’t conclude this very well, but I needed to head out.  The point I WANTED to make is that a couple of 12 year old punks could make up a faux snowflake letter and it’s totally believable.  Putting up lights?  Racist.  Walking that breed of dog?  Racist.  Nuclear white family riding bikes in the neighborhood?  Racist.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And a lawn jockey. 

:lol: