Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Updated: Deshaun Watson Drama

On 8/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Mike FF Today said:

Houston radio reported the team (Eagles) did not drop out, but Watson refused to waive his no trade clause

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Houston radio reported the team (Eagles) did not drop out, but Watson refused to waive his no trade clause

so he demands a trade then wont waive the no trade clause when they try?    goofy.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

so he demands a trade then wont waive the no trade clause when they try?    goofy.

That's exactly what I thought when I read his post.  I mean, the guy has absolutely NO leverage at all and he's trying to control things.  You know what I would do if I were Houston, I wouldn't trade him.  I'd tell him that he'll have to retire.  F' him.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's exactly what I thought when I read his post.  I mean, the guy has absolutely NO leverage at all and he's trying to control things.  You know what I would do if I were Houston, I wouldn't trade him.  I'd tell him that he'll have to retire.  F' him.

thing is.... Houston still wants him to stay.

Either way, It is looking more and more like they have a spoiled brat for a QB.   Maybe the right move is to trade him for cheap just to get rid of him and the drama that comes with him.

The whole process has to be hard on the team itself.  Having a player there who clearly doesnt wanna be there is never a good thing for team chemistry.  

Though if the plan was to tank........  Hmmmmm

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

So what's the over/under on Jalen Hurts starts--3?

They brought in Flacco and put him through his paces in preseason games... then they tried to trade for Watson... then they traded for Minshew...

Could they be any more clear that Hurts is not their long-term starting QB?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, Ray_T said:

thing is.... Houston still wants him to stay.

Either way, It is looking more and more like they have a spoiled brat for a QB.   Maybe the right move is to trade him for cheap just to get rid of him and the drama that comes with him.

The whole process has to be hard on the team itself.  Having a player there who clearly doesnt wanna be there is never a good thing for team chemistry.  

Though if the plan was to tank........  Hmmmmm

Seems like there’s a big gap between “cheap” and “three 1sts and two 2nds”...

I bet they could get a deal done for a little less even without the drama figured out, otherwise teams wouldn’t be asking about him

For fantasy teams. Dynasty leagues, and even keeper or contract leagues. What would his value be?

Do you bail on him and get whatever you can. Are you a buyer, but certainly not over paying, or even paying market value for that matter?

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

What would his value be?

In dynasty leagues, he's a gamble like anyone else.

In redraft leagues, you can probably consider him fantasy irrelevant in 2021.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

In dynasty leagues, he's a gamble like anyone else.

In redraft leagues, you can probably consider him fantasy irrelevant in 2021.

Utilit99 says Watson will be good in dynasties. He has spoken. 

11 hours ago, Kopy said:

For fantasy teams. Dynasty leagues, and even keeper or contract leagues. What would his value be?

Do you bail on him and get whatever you can. Are you a buyer, but certainly not over paying, or even paying market value for that matter?

Yes

Thanks w

On 9/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, Kopy said:

In a dynasty league, I would be shopping him around trying to get as much for him as possible, but would probably trade him for pretty cheap. He's almost certainly gonna be of little value this season.

There's just way too many long term question marks with him. What team is he gonna end up with? When will he end up with them? How is he gonna fit in with the new team? How much time is he gonna miss? When he returns how good is he gonna be?

He's an excellent fantasy QB, but not quite to that level where you can just sit him and wait it out. If you try to do that, it means you're gonna use up at least one more roster spot on a QB, and then if you want to stream or need a back up, that's 3 roster spots for one QB slot. That's a bit risky. If there was an end to this in sight, I would be more inclined to keep on the end of the bench. Since there's not, trade him. You don't want to hold onto him, hopiing for the best for a while, and then worst case scenario, he's not playing for a long time at least and you have to drop him.

There's probably somebody in your league that will trade for him right now, but that window could close in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

In a dynasty league, I would be shopping him around trying to get as much for him as possible, but would probably trade him for pretty cheap. He's almost certainly gonna be of little value this season.

There's just way too many long term question marks with him. What team is he gonna end up with? When will he end up with them? How is he gonna fit in with the new team? How much time is he gonna miss? When he returns how good is he gonna be?

He's an excellent fantasy QB, but not quite to that level where you can just sit him and wait it out. If you try to do that, it means you're gonna use up at least one more roster spot on a QB, and then if you want to stream or need a back up, that's 3 roster spots for one QB slot. That's a bit risky. If there was an end to this in sight, I would be more inclined to keep on the end of the bench. Since there's not, trade him. You don't want to hold onto him, hopiing for the best for a while, and then worst case scenario, he's not playing for a long time at least and you have to drop him.

There's probably somebody in your league that will trade for him right now, but that window could close in a heart beat.

I have him in my dynasty league and I dropped from a contender (as I had the most regular season wins last year) to pretty much out of it since I'm in a superflex league and don't really have much left at qb. I had Stafford as my second QB and with Watson going to be out I traded Stafford for two first round picks next year and this year I traded up in the first round for a spot I took Trey Lance. 

I took offers for Watson and nothing but one terrible offer. 

I will not sell him for cheap. He will go to another team by next year is what i am counting on and I imagine his legal troubles will be in the past and his value will then be through the roof. The guy is a top 3 QB after this crap is all said and done. I'm not expecting to win next year, so am looking forward to 2022 and beyond. I'll be an eye on injuries at RB and WR this year for desperate teams wanting to pay up for guys like Keenan Allen or Kareem Hunt.  

I drafted him in one league where I got Mahomes.  Figured I’m probably screwed if Mahomes gets hurt anyway and about as likely to find a decent replacement on the WW than late in the draft, so might as well take a flier and at least wait a few weeks to see if anything gets sorted out.

I think the reason why he’s not playing now is a decision being made by the Texans and not the NFL, isn’t that right?

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think the reason why he’s not playing now is a decision being made by the Texans and not the NFL, isn’t that right?

That sounds right, but there's more to it.

Two NFL reporters/lawyers weigh in on the likely timelines for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson's return. But, the NFL has yet to impose a suspension or place Watson on the commissioner's exempt list for the year, meaning that as things stand, Watson is still an active Texan.

Better to pay them for not playing than to have them playing, as if nothing had happened, in a sport trying to appeal to women.

I don't know if the man is guilty or innocent. 

IMO, if the NFL allowed him to play without being cleared of the charges, the outrage by women & women's groups would be huge.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/deshaun-watson-nfl-trade-return-timeline-lawyers-hold-court-imminent-suspension

I could see that taking place, so I guess if he’s traded to the Dolphins that would up to them if he plays or sits.  

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

That sounds right, but there's more to it.

Two NFL reporters/lawyers weigh in on the likely timelines for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson's return. But, the NFL has yet to impose a suspension or place Watson on the commissioner's exempt list for the year, meaning that as things stand, Watson is still an active Texan.

Better to pay them for not playing than to have them playing, as if nothing had happened, in a sport trying to appeal to women.

I don't know if the man is guilty or innocent. 

IMO, if the NFL allowed him to play without being cleared of the charges, the outrage by women & women's groups would be huge.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/deshaun-watson-nfl-trade-return-timeline-lawyers-hold-court-imminent-suspension

Exactly!

That's why the Texans are sitting him

I went ahead and dropped S. Watkins and pick him up.

The prospect of having a top 5 QB is worth dropping my #5 wr.

Who knows?

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

I went ahead and dropped S. Watkins and pick him up.

The prospect of having a top 5 QB is worth dropping my #5 wr.

Hopefully it's a keeper league, since he's dead weight for 2021, at a minimum.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I would be surprised if he was dropped in a keeper league. But I do agree he has zero value this year. 

Stephen Ross is an absolute moron, so not only can I see the Phins trading for Watson, if he’s not put on the Commissioner’s exempt list I can see him starting for them this season.  Worth a stash if you have a deep bench imo

if there are no criminal charges the Texans will most likely get better trade return this coming off season

On 9/30/2021 at 3:07 PM, AxeElf said:

Typical response and this is all anyone needs to know. 

You have 0 information on the true situation nor do you know what any team or the NFL will do but you say things like you are the one that makes the decisions.

At Any point I can pick up another #5 receiver but try picking up a top five quarterback. 

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

you say things like you are the one that makes the decisions

Well, I AM Axe Elf.

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

try picking up a top five quarterback. 

More importantly (and more relevantly), try NOT to roster dead weight.

4 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Gotta drop Robbie Anderson for him. 

Redraft or Keeper?

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

It all could be over soon

Define 'over'?

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Define 'over'?

he means like the massage girl rolled over.   different over than your definition.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he means like the massage girl rolled over.   different over than your definition.

apparently Watson did not always like to roll over either.