Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

What are the long term effects of the covid vaccination?

2 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Shotsup got his first Pfizer shot today. Next up 5/4/21. May the 4th with me. 

You are friends with Shotsup?  Do you happen to know where he works at or what he does?

32 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Why? So I can continue doing what I'm currently doing? Waste of time.  :thumbsdown:

Another stupid good for nothing Cowboy fan. You are a waste of my time. I seriously hope you do not get the virus. Get the shot Toolbag. 

29 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

To get the shot versus to not?  Life is full of cost vs. benefit analysis. 

1. How old are you?  

2.  Do you have any pre-existing conditions. (i.e. do you have diabetes, cancer, COPD, smoker, heart disease, etc.)

3.  Are you around people who are in the question 1 or 2  who have not or will not be vaccinated?

4.  Do you have kids in school?

If you are under 60, healthy, kids are of age, aren't really around any person non vaccinated who are in the high risk range then yeah, agreed. I wouldn't get it either.  If you are, then you are a selfish S.O.B.  

1. 50

2. No

3. No

4. No

Parents have been vaxed, so no worries there. It's just the wife and me. Same age, same health condition, both have most likely already had it with no lasting effects. 

:dunno:

14 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Another stupid good for nothing Cowboy fan. You are a waste of my time. I seriously hope you do not get the virus. Get the shot Toolbag. 

:lol:

Pretty sure I already had it. I'll take my chances with the variants. 

If alcohol on your hands kills it....

:cheers:

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

1. 50

2. No

3. No

4. No

Parents have been vaxed, so no worries there. It's just the wife and me. Same age, same health condition, both have most likely already had it with no lasting effects. 

:dunno:

To be fair, if I was in your position I probably wouldn't get the vaccine either.  :cheers:

With that said I wouldn't be telling others they are stupid for getting it either, it's dependent on their situation.  Cost vs. Benefit.  

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:lol:

Pretty sure I already had it. I'll take my chances with the variants. 

If alcohol on your hands kills it....

:cheers:

No comment 

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

To be fair, if I was in your position I probably wouldn't get the vaccine either.  :cheers:

With that said I wouldn't be telling others they are stupid for getting it either, it's dependent on their situation.  Cost vs. Benefit.  

I don't think I've called anybody stupid for getting it or not getting it. 

It's a personal choice. To each their own. Like you said, it depends on your personal circumstances. If you deem it necessary or appropriate for your situation, by all means, get the vax. If you don't feel it's necessary, don't. 

Whether or not somebody, besides your physician, feels you should or shouldn't, shouldn't factor into your decision. 

I've been really focking tired, exhausted. I just took a 30 minute nap and I never nap.

29 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've been really focking tired, exhausted. I just took a 30 minute nap and I never nap.

Have you had both shots?  

So we got word that the Chinese vaccine is soon going to be made available to us foreigners.

My first question was... what does getting it gain me? Cause if let's me leave and come back relatively hassle free, I'm in.

I'm sure it won't though.

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Have you had both shots?  

Yeah second shot was Mar 31st

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So we got word that the Chinese vaccine is soon going to be made available to us foreigners.

My first question was... what does getting it gain me? Cause if let's me leave and come back relatively hassle free, I'm in.

I'm sure it won't though.

What percent of the Chinese have been vaccinated?  Do you have any idea?

42 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah second shot was Mar 31st

I only had one Pfizer (yesterday) and was tired all day and had the chills twice. Couldn’t shake it. Both lasted 15 mins- not looking forward to second shot. 

Id imagine people will have to get this yearly now like the flu shot.  Or at least that seems like common sense.  

I hadnt got the flu shot in 10 years.  I havent had the flu or even a real cold in maybe that long.  I brag about my immune system.  My parents are old a buddy persuaded me to just get it this last November.  No big deal.   I randomly got sick for 2 days in mid January.   Hot flashes followed by chills.  Headache.  I think a fever or so it felt like.  I think I may have had the Corona.  But just funny that I cant even remember last time I was truly sick and I get sick albeit short lived the year I get the flu shot.   

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Has anyone had the J&J shot yet?  

:wave:  I’m fine.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, TimHauck said:

Wow that's a pretty good survival rate for something that's already killed 0.16% of the country! [ (575k "with covid" deaths x 90%(+) of them have covid as the underlying cause = 517,500 "from covid" deaths) / 330 million]

Actually that link was the NY Post not the Times...you know the one that got censored for the Hunter Biden story?

Thanks for those numbers.  I did the math, so it's 99.84318181818% Covid-19 survival rate of those who simply live(d) in the United States over the last year.   

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Thanks for those numbers.  I did the math, so it's 99.84318181818% Covid-19 survival rate of those who simply live(d) in the United States over the last year.   

You can subtract...congratulations?

Just now, TimHauck said:

You can subtract...congratulations?

Just correcting Phillybear's 99.9999999% is all.

19 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Just correcting Phillybear's 99.9999999% is all.

Got ya, yeah he was only off by a factor of 16 million (0.16 / 0.00000001).  Better luck next time I guess 

* Had Pfizer shot on Monday. 

* Arm hurt like hell on Tuesday - never happened after a shot b4. 

* Donated blood 2day, in same arm. 

* Felt fine and after the 15 min wait drove off. Didn't get 2 mins down the road and something hit - I was nauseous, dizzy, queasy and sweating like a pig. Haven't felt that ill since my last bout of food poisoning. I pulled into a parking lot and agonized for an hour. Was finally able to call my parents, they came up and drove me home. Stayed in bed for about 4 hours before felt ok, about 80% normal. 

Have no idea if the combo of the Pfizer shot/blood donation did it, if it was that I had a fluke reaction or if I didn't eat before my donation - but I was focked up. I've donated blood a 100 times and never had a problem - was some crazy shiit. 

Consensus, or is it not?

If you decide to get the mRNA version it is Pfizer over Moderma.

If you decide to get the adenovirus version then J&J over AstraZeneca.

So the real question is (as of April 14th, 2021) do we get the Pfizer or the J&J.  

Correct?

41 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Consensus, or is it not?

So the real question is (as of April 14th, 2021) do we get the Pfizer or the J&J.  

Correct?

I would say get the Pfizer 1st, Moderna 2nd, maybe J&J 3rd or not at all.  I didn't think AstraZeneca was approved in the U.S.  

13 hours ago, fandandy said:

What percent of the Chinese have been vaccinated?  Do you have any idea?

My wife doesn’t know either. If’s not been much of a priority to get them in our house since, after those who are initial missteps, China has pretty much snuffed covid out. China has a vaccine they’ve shared around the world. I’m in no rush to get it, I would rather wait until the Pfizer one but I’ll probably just get the Chinese one anyway if my wife wants it. She may not. There’s a reason we are always willing to pay extra and our kids have only ever used US/EU/Australian vaccines previously.

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Consensus, or is it not?

Correct?

Or none at all.  HTH

18 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id imagine people will have to get this yearly now like the flu shot.  Or at least that seems like common sense.  

I hadnt got the flu shot in 10 years.  I havent had the flu or even a real cold in maybe that long.  I brag about my immune system.

Do you use mouthwash daily with alcohol in it?  I have been doing some polling of people I know and I find that most people who use that daily never get sick.

I kind of wish people would stop making it sound like "blood clots are no big deal" you have a greater risk of blood clots with birth control or this or that.

Seriously. Blood clots that don't belong in certain areas literally cut off blood flow to vital organs. I don't really give a what the risks are if you're taking the pill, getting a vaccine or traveling on a plane. They are a serious risk that can cause death, damage to organs, and other syndromes that can literally last the rest of your life.

Yes, covid can also do all of the above...but these people were trying to prevent getting covid and have these reactions instead. I am sorry, but blood clots ARE a big deal. FFS.

Sorry, i feel passionately about this, having both of my blood clots being downplayed by medical professionals.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

So we are suddenly going to trust THIS GUY?! 

The comment comes after Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky told CNBC in February that people may need to get vaccinated against Covid-19 annually, just like seasonal flu shots.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

😂 As predicted. Get in line lemmings. Are all of you fatties or what cause anyone who is healthy most certainly doesn't need the toxin.

42 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So we are suddenly going to trust THIS GUY?! 

He should have never been trusted in the 1st place. He's making a killing off of killing people. 

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I kind of wish people would stop making it sound like "blood clots are no big deal" you have a greater risk of blood clots with birth control or this or that.

Seriously. Blood clots that don't belong in certain areas literally cut off blood flow to vital organs. I don't really give a what the risks are if you're taking the pill, getting a vaccine or traveling on a plane. They are a serious risk that can cause death, damage to organs, and other syndromes that can literally last the rest of your life.

Yes, covid can also do all of the above...but these people were trying to prevent getting covid and have these reactions instead. I am sorry, but blood clots ARE a big deal. FFS.

Sorry, i feel passionately about this, having both of my blood clots being downplayed by medical professionals.

I don’t think people are down playing blood cots at all. However 7 out of 7 Million ratio is pretty good.  One probably has a better chance being struck by lightning.

Let me put it a better way.  Serious complications from getting Covid are somewhat rare.  Serious complications from getting the vaccine are EXTREMELY rare.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I don’t think people are down playing blood cots at all. However 7 out of 7 Million ratio is pretty good.  One probably has a better chance being struck by lightning.

Let me put it a better way.  Serious complications from getting Covid are somewhat rare.  Serious complications from getting the vaccine are EXTREMELY rare.

The odds of getting struck by lightning are 1 in 500,000. So, you're twice as likely to get struck by lightning than get blood clots from the Covid vaccine.

Just talked to some relatives that got the vaccine.   Both around age 80.   Both got side effects.  The man got some sort of sciatica from it and has been dealing with it for 3 weeks.  Has to go to physical therapy twice a week now.  His wife has had a very very sore arm for 3 weeks and also goes to physical therapy twice a week for it. 

Whatever they are, I think we can all agree that the blame falls directly on Biden and the Dems for pushing this on everybody. 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, Thornton Melon said:

The odds of getting struck by lightning are 1 in 500,000. So, you're twice as likely to get struck by lightning than get blood clots from the Covid vaccine.

Tell that to an 18 year who has a 100x greater chance of being struck by lightening than dying of covid.