Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

slow people

How are there so many sloooowwww people out running errands.  They take forever to shuffle anywhere.  Using their wallet to get a credit car to pay for something takes forever.  Opening a door to get a drink out of a cooler in the supermarket is an eternity.  I'm near a military base and you'd think there'd be greater sense of urgency but no they are slower than most.  What on earth do these people do at work?  How can they be good workers with no hustle whatsoever?

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

What on earth do these people do at work?  How can they be good workers with no hustle whatsoever?

I've noticed this in all stores...home depot, grocery stores, liquor stores.  Everyone just stands in the middle of the isle, looking off into space...then get startled when I try to walk past them.  More than normal.   It's like they are in another world or doped up, and go out of their way to hold other people up.

It's a weird situation.  How do these people function in real life?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I've noticed this in all stores...home depot, grocery stores, liquor stores.  Everyone just stands in the middle of the isle, looking off into space...then get startled when I try to walk past them.  More than normal.   It's like they are in another world or doped up, and go out of their way to hold other people up.

It's a weird situation.  How do these people function in real life?

Maybe that's it.  They are drugged up and in a fog.

When I go somewhere I always know what I want and order it or pick it off the shelf and move on.  Sometimes I feel like the only one doing that though.  Everyone else is wandering around in a daze.

You should be legally entitled to shove anybody in the back for doing the cell phone zombie walk if you can't do both at the same time get the hell out of the way.

• Like 1

Tis true. Exacerbated by covids message of individuality that has gotten to woke white people. They are starting to walk in the crosswalk at the same rate as their homeless brethren. I was behind a lady at the store who seem surprised she had to pay and didn't even open her purse until she was asked for money after everything had been scanned. 

After a trip to Walmart. My irritability level is through the roof.

10 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

How are there so many sloooowwww people out running errands.  They take forever to shuffle anywhere.  Using their wallet to get a credit car to pay for something takes forever.  Opening a door to get a drink out of a cooler in the supermarket is an eternity.  I'm near a military base and you'd think there'd be greater sense of urgency but no they are slower than most.  What on earth do these people do at work?  How can they be good workers with no hustle whatsoever?

I notice this stuff every day... slow drivers.  Slow workers.

I texted someone yesterday while I was in line at grocery store. (I live in a small town where everyone knows every so to speak).

"Jeezuz christ, Nick the cashier at (Grocery Store) every movement is painfully slow.  Scanning items, bagging items, taking my money, giving me change, all of it. Slowwwwww. Sorry if he's you're cousin or something"

He's a 30 something cashier.  Even when he looks to the left to bag an item and then look back to the right to scan something,  his head movement is slow.  And he's a mouth breather

Why is it if someone is standing with their mouth open when they are just sitting or standing doing nothing, we can safely assume they are dumb?

Another one is "people in way".  Just blissfully unaware of their surroundings.  Blocking the aisle,  in the way, making no effort to stay out of the way. 

When I run into these people....I always think how true the saying is about either lead, follow, or get out of the way.  I just wanna say "Do something --- ANYTHING other than what you are doing now, because as of now, you are in the way"

Too many people in life, are just in the way. 

10 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Everyone just stands in the middle of the isle, looking off into space...

What else are you going to do on an island?

Yeah, that might be me.  I get that worker-bee mentality where you are rushing from thing to thing, place to place.  We need worker bee's for sure, and you perhaps cannot turn that off and on.

I am not interested in rushing around though.

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, that might be me.  I get that worker-bee mentality where you are rushing from thing to thing, place to place.  We need worker bee's for sure, and you perhaps cannot turn that off and on.

there's just a lot of things i want to do.  i cannot understand going thru life with no drive.

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yep. Might be that the OP is trapped and needs to slow things down in life. Happens to all of us sometimes.

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I notice this stuff every day... slow drivers.  Slow workers.

I texted someone yesterday while I was in line at grocery store. (I live in a small town where everyone knows every so to speak).

"Jeezuz christ, Nick the cashier at (Grocery Store) every movement is painfully slow.  Scanning items, bagging items, taking my money, giving me change, all of it. Slowwwwww. Sorry if he's you're cousin or something"

He's a 30 something cashier.  Even when he looks to the left to bag an item and then look back to the right to scan something,  his head movement is slow.  And he's a mouth breather

Why is it if someone is standing with their mouth open when they are just sitting or standing doing nothing, we can safely assume they are dumb?

Another one is "people in way".  Just blissfully unaware of their surroundings.  Blocking the aisle,  in the way, making no effort to stay out of the way. 

When I run into these people....I always think how true the saying is about either lead, follow, or get out of the way.  I just wanna say "Do something --- ANYTHING other than what you are doing now, because as of now, you are in the way"

Too many people in life, are just in the way. 

Probably a Pothead.  Good thing we are legalizing it everywhere so there will be more of these morons at work. 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yep. Might be that the OP is trapped and needs to slow things down in life. Happens to all of us sometimes.

But how the hell do these people even hold down a job?  You have to hustle at jobs that pay well.  What are these people doing?  They would be thrown out on their butts in a week at the speed they move where I've worked.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

But how the hell do these people even hold down a job?  You have to hustle at jobs that pay well.  What are these people doing?  They would be thrown out on their butts in a week at the speed they move where I've worked.

Life is supposed to be savored and enjoyed. Sometimes you gotta slow down and do that. Now a lot of people are just lazy or dumb, but there’s also lots of people just speeding through it like there’s some kind of prize at the end

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Life is supposed to be savored and enjoyed. Sometimes you gotta slow down and do that. Now a lot of people are just lazy or dumb, but there’s also lots of people just speeding through it like there’s some kind of prize at the end

Do you seek to savor pulling a credit card out of your wallet for 5 minutes?

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I don’t think we’re going to get through to you on this one. My advice is to maybe read The Power of Now or otherwise explore some zen-type sh1t.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I don’t think we’re going to get through to you on this one. My advice is to maybe read The Power of Now or otherwise explore some zen-type sh1t.

doesn't sound like I'm gonna get through to you either.  I don't think they are zen type moments.  They are just slow as hell.

22 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Five minutes?  Really?

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Five minutes?  Really?

more like 10.  They wait until the very last second to start digging for their card.  I guess they are supposed to savor staring at their items on the conveyor belt instead.

When I go to Lowe’s I always do it before dinner. That way I’m irritable  and in a hurry so I get the Fock out of there before I buy things I don’t need. Sometimes I want to club the slowies over the head. 

Yeah, when other people are waiting for you, don't stand there imagining that the sun is setting.  Get your shitt done and move on.

OP is right on. it is UNREAL out there. i move faster than 99.9% of every focktard at every store in america. im led to believe that peoples lives are so focking boring that going to the store is the pinnacle of their day. so they just take their good old time. focking saturdays are almost unbearable at this point. slow idiots all over the roads too. do people just wake up and say hmmm i think i'll drive around to stores and meander around for a while?? they seem to have no purpose. point A to B, know what you want and get the fock out!!!

Low IQ folks lack the required amount of self awareness to understand that they are in someone else's way. 

• Like 1

I don't mind slow people, just be aware of your surroundings... Want to drive slow? Cool, get your ass in the far right lane. Want to browse every can in an aisle? Fine, just make sure your shopping cart isn't parked in the middle clogging up the lane. Want take your time ordering at a counter? No problem, step back and let others go while you decide....etc. 

Besides (in general) I find that most in frantic Gawd damn hurries are so bcoz of their own fault. Their in ability to manage their time is the reason they're always in a rush. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Exactly.  I see this all the time.  People will pass me on the road and then I'm behind them at the stoplight or sign.  Oooh.  You beat me!!

You dimwit.  I hope you hit a deer.

I am always in a rush, I would rather be doing something than waiting on other people.

Last weekend we returned my wife's bike, took the kids to dave and busters, took the kids to the swimming pool, i went trail riding on my mountain bike, and i took the kids to the playground.

And then on Sunday.....

I cannot do all the stuff I want to do if i am stuck behind slowpokes.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

there's just a lot of things i want to do.  i cannot understand going thru life with no drive.

Not sure that I correlate rushing with "drive", I am more interested in enjoying my time, and on the road stop signs and red lights tend to mitigate any perceived gains, only on an open road and over time does moving faster actually result in anything. I am amused by those who rapidly zip around, just more frequent fillups, repairs, and health stress with no gain at all.

But again, when you are more or less indoctrinated as a worker bee, you cannot turn that off 

29 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not sure that I correlate rushing with "drive", I am more interested in enjoying my time, and on the road stop signs and red lights tend to mitigate any perceived gains, only on an open road and over time does moving faster actually result in anything. I am amused by those who rapidly zip around, just more frequent fillups, repairs, and health stress with no gain at all.

But again, when you are more or less indoctrinated as a worker bee, you cannot turn that off 

To be clear, im not rushing and everyone else is moving at a regular pace.  Im moving at a regular pace and theres a slew of extremely slow people that cannot seem to process any actions in a reasonable amount of time. 

Slow people suck, but I am not letting it get my blood pressure up.
Bad drivers suck, but I just say fock it at this point

There is a lot of shlt to get irritated at, but getting irritated literally just makes the problem worse.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Slow people suck, but I am not letting it get my blood pressure up.
Bad drivers suck, but I just say fock it at this point

There is a lot of shlt to get irritated at, but getting irritated literally just makes the problem worse.

:clap:

I am one of the people you hate. I take my sweet asss time going places and regularly get passed and flipped off by senior citizens. 

Hey, I'm not slow.  It's a learning disability.  :angry:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I notice this stuff every day... slow drivers. 

I'm with yall on people walking slow, checking out slow, all that crap. Drives me nuts.

But slow drivers? You mean, people going the speed limit, or being extra careful in residential neighborhoods or parking lots, in case a little kid runs out of nowhere?

I think we've met before Tubby. You're the pr*ck who's always tailgating me, or swerving around just to get to the stop light faster.  Go to hell. By the way, I'm the pr*ck who's laughing at your dumbass as I drive by your fender bender (because you couldn't stop in time due to tailgating) or flipped over on the side of the highway.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm with yall on people walking slow, checking out slow, all that crap. Drives me nuts.

But slow drivers? You mean, people going the speed limit, or being extra careful in residential neighborhoods or parking lots, in case a little kid runs out of nowhere?

I think we've met before Tubby. You're the pr*ck who's always tailgating me, or swerving around just to get to the stop light faster.  Go to hell. By the way, I'm the pr*ck who's laughing at your dumbass as I drive by your fender bender (because you couldn't stop in time due to tailgating) or flipped over on the side of the highway.

this isnt what im talking about. idiots weaving in and out traffic are even worse on other side of spectrum. im talking about people doing 20mph in the left lane of a 2 lane road and wont get over, people that take 5 minutes to make a right turn, people that forgot they need to get to the right so they brake hard in middle lane, doing 10mph below speed limit in one lane road, those that take 10 minutes to back into a parking spot (this has become new craze of morons). enjoy your taking life slow…but do it in the focking right hand lane. im just talking about being normal and having some purpose. in stores stop walking like you have a load in your pants. be mindful of others around trying to get by, etc. and asking cashier about the details of all the new sctratch off lottery tickets while the line behind you is 6 deep is not acceptable. 

I thin the distinctions are important.  And yes people who drive absurdly slow in the left lane on a highway are a safety hazard.  I think the police should pull them over for creating a safety hazard. There are those who stay in a lane when people are piling up behind them and never move over, and there is no reason for that behavior, it also makes things less safe for the rest of us.

But beyond that I try to be patient and understanding with people, especially older people.  Getting angry at them is really just self abuse.