Sign in to follow this  
MSNBC: Earth may become uninhabitable unless Biden saves us...

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/brad-wilmouth/2021/07/23/msnbc-kooks-earth-may-become-uninhabitable-unless-biden-saves-us

On Wednesday's Andrea Mitchell Reports, MSNBC regulars fearmongered about the possibility that the world will become uninhabitable for humans unless the Joe Biden administration can enact regulations on the fossil fuel industry that were blocked by President Donald Trump.

MSNBC weekend host Jonathan Capehart made absurd suggestions that humans might have to fly into space to find a place to live: "We have to get a handle on this -- otherwise, we're all going to be looking for seats on... the Branson rocket -- the Bezos rocket -- the Musk rocket up for another place that's habitable for human life." 

Historian Jon Meacham hinted that there might not be anyone alive in the future to admonish their ancestors for not acting in the present.

Host Andrea Mitchell began the segment by blaming "climate change" for recent weather disasters involving wildfires and flooding. "And extreme weather wreaking havoc worldwide as the experts say climate change taking place even faster with greater impact than ever predicted." She then brought aboard Meacham and began by asking him if the current extreme weather events are a critical time in history.

Meacham -- who still frequently appears on the network in spite of being dropped last year for secretly writing speeches for the Biden campaign -- began his analysis by citing climate alarmist and Democratic former Vice President Al Gore:

Unquestionably. You know, as Al Gore says, when you watch the news these days. it's like a walking tour through the Book of Exodus, and you have these remarkable manifestations of a crisis. ... I do think that when you play this out about "What will people say 50 years from now -- what will people say 100 years from now?" -- I don't think there's any question that the lassitude with which we have addressed the self-evident changing of the climate will be something that will be held against us for a long, long, long time to come.

Mitchell followed up by inviting Capehart to complain that Trump appointed supporters of the fossil fuel industry as regulators, and asked if Biden was making "dramatic" changes, leading Capehart to complain about Trump:

Yeah, pretty dramatically, you know, not putting in people who -- not putting the regulated into positions where they are regulating their old friends back in those industries. You know, to pick up on -- you know, Jon mentioned Hippocrates, and, you know, we know the Hippocratic Oath. And the Hippocratic Oath is, "First, do no harm." And by those appointments by Donald Trump, he did harm not only to the planet but to the United States's ability to do something about climate change.

A bit later, he alluded to recent stories about billionaires taking their own privately funded trips into space to play up a possibly dire future: "We have to get a handle on this -- otherwise, we're all going to be looking for seats on the Branson -- the Branson rocket -- the Bezos rocket -- the Musk rocket up for another place that's habitable for human life."

A bit later, Meacham added his own fearmongering that there might not be anyone left alive in the future because of a lack of environmental regulations: "If anybody is around to write about this and talk about it, which might -- they might not be, but if they are, think of how picayune -- think of how petty it will seem that it was about the control of the U.S. House for a two-year period..."

This sounds a lot like former ABC weatherman Sam Champion. On February 8, 2008, he freaked out, "And now to our series 'Global Warming: Global Warning.' Could global warming one day force us into space to live?" 

I think it would be an AWESOME idea if all the leftists bought seats on those rockets and left the Earth.  That's even better than leaving the nation if Trump wins or fleeing Texas to cough on each other in DC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Don’t know about the Biden part, but otherwise it’s probably true :( 

The Biden part is the only important part though.  The goal of those articles is to get people to support and vote for Biden.  The rest is the joke.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

We freezing to death or catching on fire this time?

:dunno:

Yes...

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The Biden part is the only important part though.  The goal of those articles is to get people to support and vote for Biden.  The rest is the joke.

It is? I don’t think so

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It is? I don’t think so

It is. Biden isn't going to do any more or less than any other green President (read, throw money at it).  The reality is we haven't the slightest clue if we could arrest it (if it's happening).  I haven't heard a single climate scientist say we could.  :dunno:

There are actually fools out there that think Mars or the Moon are good places to go.   Cause, you know, they are so habitable now.

• Haha 1

Does this mean I need to start retro-fitting my minivan with a cow catcher, barbed wire, and a flame thrower? 

I've watched all the Mad Max films so I know what I need to do to be prepared. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DonS said:

Does this mean I need to start retro-fitting my minivan with a cow catcher, barbed wire, and a flame thrower? 

I've watched all the Mad Max films so I know what I need to do to be prepared. :thumbsup:

You may need a snow plow.  At least that's what they were preaching in the 70's.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bert said:

You may need a snow plow.  At least that's what they were preaching in the 70's.

Cow catcher / snow plow is dual purpose. Works on snow AND woke zombies. :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Andrea Mitchell looks like the Crypt Keeper's older sister.  

That hag has nothing to worry about. Barring china unleashing a real killer virus, she will be long dead before the planet becomes mad max.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

liberals are so stupid

I use to not think this but the past 4 years has made me realize how utterly dumb they are. 

15 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Tell me about the lithium battery manufacturing process and where power comes from to charge them?

I love when dumb liberals talk about cutting fossil fuels.

Where you think the power comes from? They're just burning the Dino somewhere else and sending you the power by cable. Probably losing a chunk in the process I'd think. 

On 7/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, TimmySmith said:

It is. Biden isn't going to do any more or less than any other green President (read, throw money at it).  The reality is we haven't the slightest clue if we could arrest it (if it's happening).  I haven't heard a single climate scientist say we could.  :dunno:

This is just ignorant. Of course we could slow it down, and with carbon capture technologies we may be able to do even better than that.

The real problem is it’s a global issue and just one country or a smattering of countries doing something doesn’t mean d1ck. While some countries get greener others just get worse because it’s cheaper and attracts business. It’s a race to the bottom with worldwide destruction as the end point.

So what we need is someone that can build international consensus. Sure as fock won’t happen with America First. Biden is trying but there’s a lot of trust to restore first and bridges to rebuild, and I’m just not sure he’s the guy for it anyway. Needs to be someone younger, more charismatic and emblematic of the future.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I love when dumb liberals talk about cutting fossil fuels.

Where you think the power comes from? They're just burning the Dino somewhere else and sending you the power by cable. Probably losing a chunk in the process I'd think. 

No you see, you’re the one that’s focking retarded. This kind of attitude is extremely damaging. You’re right that a lot of it still comes from fossil fuels. Aha you say! But no, dumbass, people know and are accounting for that. You need to transition to those means so you can then improve the root fuel, I.e. wind or solar energy, maybe nuclear. But as long as you just keep burning gasoline it ain’t never gonna fockin happen. So these folks are actually next level thinkers and you are the blithering idiot still hung up on step one :doh:

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No you see, you’re the one that’s focking retarded. This kind of attitude is extremely damaging. You’re right that a lot of it still comes from fossil fuels. Aha you say! But no, dumbass, people know and are accounting for that. You need to transition to those means so you can then improve the root fuel, I.e. wind or solar energy, maybe nuclear. But as long as you just keep burning gasoline it ain’t never gonna fockin happen. So these folks are actually next level thinkers and you are the blithering idiot still hung up on step one :doh:

You should just post the words ":More meaningless blather from me:" instead of wasting your time typing all that crap out.   

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

You know it’s not about the climate when they want to stop fracking and don’t mention more nuclear energy.  Tune them out when they do or don’t do that. Oh yeah, Biden let Russia have their much sought after pipeline into Europe. That’s good for the climate?  Yet Worms eats it up, like everything else the oligarchs feed him. 

On 7/23/2021 at 2:56 PM, TimmySmith said:

“If it’s happening.” Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know it’s not about the climate when they want to stop fracking and don’t mention more nuclear energy.  Tune them out when they do or don’t do that. Oh yeah, Biden let Russia have their much sought after pipeline into Europe. That’s good for the climate?  Yet Worms eats it up, like everything else the oligarchs feed him. 

Lol whatever bro. As for nuclear, the adults here have discussed the issue many times. Actual, reasoned non-hack opinions are that it’s a panacea for many of our problems but there’s danger (real or perceived) and the difficulty of what to do with the waste. HTH and try joining a civil discussion for once, if you’re capable

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol whatever bro. As for nuclear, the adults here have discussed the issue many times. Actual, reasoned non-hack opinions are that it’s a panacea for many of our problems but there’s danger (real or perceived) and the difficulty of what to do with the waste. HTH and try joining a civil discussion for once, if you’re capable

How about the pipeline? Care to address that? 

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about the pipeline? Care to address that? 

climate change only occurs from stuff we burn, it doesnt happen anywhere else in the world

shutting down the keystone, makes america worse and we are now Russia's b1tch officially

47 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Launch the nuclear waste into space with a Bezos and his rocket

Fixed

• Thanks 1

Wait, people still believe global warming is a thing? :lol:

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's a liberal thing. They want they money. 

When did global warming really start up? In the 2010s? Not sure when gore was pushing it while he had a couple mansions running up the "carbon footprint" he railed against. 

So what we had was, in the 1970's, the liberals were pushing global cooling and needing money to keep that from happening, although they did nothing with it. And 40 years later they are whining about global warming and needing money and destroying this country's self reliance in the name of it. And now, not even acknowledging the global cooling scam about the world will be ending up as an arctic desert if we don't do anything about it. 

So, in another 30 years from now, GLOBAL COOLING!!!!

Focking liberal retards. All of them. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, MDC said:

“If it’s happening.” Lol

:lol: I knew you wouldn't be able to get past that and read anything else. 

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Well yes it is, the earth has warmed and cooled many times in its history.

44 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: I knew you wouldn't be able to get past that and read anything else. 

That was the funny part. 😂 

• Sad 1

it would be awesome if all the liberal retards would sign up for a transport to mars because, as they say, the earth is gone in ten years. and then we send that focker straight into the sun.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Makes me think global warming is just a scam to get more money now 

Novel thinking...

On 7/24/2021 at 3:31 AM, Utilit99 said:

liberals are so stupid

How many of them left can there be? I thought they all left the country 4 years ago.

:dunno:At least they said they were.

Liars?

1 minute ago, Kopy said:

How many of them left can there be? I thought they all left the country 4 years ago.

:dunno:At least they said they were.

Liars?

Democrats lied?  Get out!!