Alias Detective

Why do we have a vaccine against a virus?

Vaccines are given to fight diseases, not viruses.  Until a year ago, people got flu shots, not flu vaccines.  

Is this anything?  Just a random morning thought.

1. People demanded the government do something. The government did. But being incompetent, it worked out like it usually does.

2. Big Pharma is making trillions with a liability shield for selling sugar water. Worked out great for them. 

Almost all vaccines are for viruses going back to the very first vaccine for smallpox, to polio, to modern vaccines against chicken pox, measles, etc.

There are bacterial vaccines, such as the one for pneumonia, but they are less common.

A disease is just a generic term for sickness caused by virus, bacteria, fungi, or rarely amoebas, prions, or other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Vaccines are given to fight diseases, not viruses.  Until a year ago, people got flu shots, not flu vaccines.  

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken, and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, frank said:

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken, and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

Whoever is, I have heard from someone that is not me that you need to watch out for their talons. 

33 minutes ago, frank said:

:wave:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

1. People demanded the government do something. The government did. But being incompetent, it worked out like it usually does.

2. Big Pharma is making trillions with a liability shield for selling sugar water. Worked out great for them. 

So by “the government,” you mean Trump right?  You’re saying Trump pushed a sugar water vaccine?

I disagree by the way, the vaccine has likely saved thousands of lives and will save thousands more in the US alone.  Thanks Trump!

Big pharma learned to prey on the science crowd that any and every ailment can be jabbed away. Part of it was teaching them to shun people with questions. And here we are.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

And the Darwin Award recipient for 2021 goes to…. 🤣

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, frank said:

That’s pavoise! 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Alias Detective said:

Smallpox was caused by a virus. It was eliminated by a vaccine. /thread

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

7 billion dollar boosters coming your way vaxxers!!!

Think I’ll sit this one out.  I don’t care about going out anymore. And my kids will not be getting it. I’ll cross that bridge when it comes to it. 

• Thanks 1

strategic accumulative gene therapy 

win for the bad guys

2 hours ago, Cantaloupe Fingerbang said:

What? No link to you having sex with the hen? 

Yeah....but it's pay per view 

2 minutes ago, joneo said:

Yeah....but it's pay per view 

That reminds me of a joke. This guy moves to a new town and decides to go to the local house. He asks how much and they say we have a $50 or a $100. So he says give me the $50. They take him to a room and a door slide open and a duck waddles out. He says wtf and has sex with the duck. The next week he goes back and says give me the $100. They take him to a room with some other people. He takes a seat and a panel opens and they see 2 people having sex. He leans over to the guy next to him and says "This is pretty hot." The guy replies, "You should of been here last week. They had some guy focking a duck."

On 8/14/2021 at 8:17 AM, Alias Detective said:

While searching for the other vaccine thread I found this gem.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

While searching for the other vaccine thread I found this gem.  :lol:

Damn, that's a steaming cup of dumbass right there. 🤣

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Misinformation.

The CDC altered the definition to be more accurate.  They didn't change the meaning of the word.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-976069264061

I'm sorry but you're a dumb person.

Unfortunately for you, altering the definition changes the meaning of the word. Originally vaccines gave immunity from the disease but since these new shots did not offer immunity, they found it necessary to change the wording and meaning of the word vaccine. If you don’t think changing the word immunity to protection changes of the of the word vaccine, you are the dumb person.

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Unfortunately for you, altering the definition changes the meaning of the word. Originally vaccines gave immunity from the disease but since these new shots did not offer immunity, they found it necessary to change the wording and meaning of the word vaccine. If you don’t think changing the word immunity to protection changes of the of the word vaccine, you are the dumb person.

💥

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Gutterboy just gave a perfect example why "fact checking" isn't really, "fact checking".

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Well look, you can't even post in complete sentences, so don't start calling other people dumb.

And no it doesn't change the meaning of the word, you're acting like a child.

And yes these shots do offer some immunity, and more importantly protection against serious illness and death.  But I know this is something anti-vaxers like yourself can't comprehend.

Here, I can do what RRLD did and just copy and paste from some slanted sight.  Although most of Biden's accomplishments are actual accomplishments.  And not just talking about lowering unemployment which for Trump was nothing but Riding Obama the Great's coattails.  

Trump had like MAYBE 5 actual accomplishments.  

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year.

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.The White House/Flickr

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well look, you can't even post in complete sentences, so don't start calling other people dumb.

And no it doesn't change the meaning of the word, you're acting like a child.

And yes these shots do offer some immunity, and more importantly protection against serious illness and death.  But I know this is something anti-vaxers like yourself can't comprehend.

Have you gotten all the boosters?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have you gotten all the boosters?

No I haven't gotten any boosters.  Have you?

No I haven't gotten any boosters.  Have you?

No. But I’m not the one calling people anti-vaxers like you are. Let me do it now though.  You’re an anti- vaxer 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. But I’m not the one calling people anti-vaxers like you are. Let me do it now though.  You’re an anti- vaxer 

Uh no, I'm not an anti-vaxer, you focking idiot.  Just because I don't take every vaccine offered for every disease out there doesn't make me an anti-vaxer. :lol:

Please just shut up and stay out this old man, you're embarrassing yourself again.

Uh no, I'm not an anti-vaxer, you focking idiot.  Just because I don't take every vaccine offered for every disease out there doesn't make me an anti-vaxer. :lol:

Please just shut up and stay out this old man, you're embarrassing yourself again.

What’s the difference between you and anyone else that decides what they put in their bodies? I’d say your hypocrisy is showing again. Also your stupidity. Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, Alias Detective said:

I am sorry, is this a serious question? 

37 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Correct. GutterTard is an idiot. They tried changing it to fit what they hoped the jabs would accomplish once they realized the jabs did not stop infection. But then after they changed the definition, their new definition also did not fit the definition of 'vaccine'.

9 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Soooo, altering a definition doesn’t change the meaning of a word?

Who’s the dumbfock again? 😆

He’s a finance guy. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s the difference between you and anyone else that decides what they put in their bodies? I’d say your hypocrisy is showing again. Also your stupidity. Enjoy. 

It's the difference between knowing that a vaccine is safe and effective vs thinking that it causes autism or heart attack or 5G reception.