Gepetto

Stock Market bubble - will crash

I expect a stock market crash soon, a slight rebound and then an even bigger crash.  Two years ago I already moved all my mutual funds to bonds just before the crash when Covid started and oil went up, maybe a day late on that actually.  So I had mostly bonds already but all mutual funds I was investing in for the last two years I set up late last night and moved all to bonds and all future investments to bonds. 

Then I just found this article when I googled "stock market bubble"

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/warren-buffett-indicator-211-percent-stock-market-bubble-asset-crash-2022-1

• Haha 3

The fed was giving banks boatloads of money in 2019. The big boys, Goldman and Chase . Couple that with all the stimulus that got pumped in during Covid and it starts to look like your typical pump and dump bubble. Buy some more Tulips. 

World War 2 caused durable goods to be shifted to the war effort.  American citizens went without a lot of basic goods.  When the war ended, huge consumer demand appeared and pumped up inflation for a couple of years, and then in that inflation period was a big crash.  Just replace WW2 with covid in that scenario.

Just now, Gladiators said:

I am sitting on cash right now in anticipation of a crash.

Smart

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I expect a stock market crash soon, a slight rebound and then an even bigger crash.  Two years ago I already moved all my mutual funds to bonds just before the crash when Covid started and oil went up, maybe a day late on that actually.  So I had mostly bonds already but all mutual funds I was investing in for the last two years I set up late last night and moved all to bonds and all future investments to bonds. 

Then I just found this article when I googled "stock market bubble"

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/warren-buffett-indicator-211-percent-stock-market-bubble-asset-crash-2022-1

Better hope this doesn't turn out like the hyper inflation prediction from long ago.  Good Luck.

Especially given that the Dow has increased by 25% since February of 2020.  You left a lot of money on the table moving to bonds at the beginning of COVID.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is just the beginning, the stock market can fall a long long way, and it's going to...

You can't predict the future.  There have been calls for a crash for many many years.

also check your bonds as long duration will get crushed too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

This is just the beginning, the stock market can fall a long long way, and it's going to...

Yep but there's a good chance we rally off this to S&P 5000+ before the real crash happens. It should bury biden for good. 

it's ALL gonna crash!

that's what they want

it's called the great reset

it's called you're not important

it's called fock them!!!

Good thing we let in millions of worker bees, on the southern border, to pick up the slack. Has the govt set up a website yet where I can get some delivered?

The guy to follow along with Mark Minervini.

https://twitter.com/AdamMancini4

Bulls want no lower than 4425ish now which keeps 4480, 4540 in play direct. 4425 fails, we sell to 4380s which is last chance support for bulls

We are teetering on the edge right now, ES=F, but it is opex today.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

You are getting crushed more than growth investors.  Who are you pretending to kid?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm a long-term investor and rarely sell so these things dont effect me. I saw covid coming thanks to @Voltaire and took my money out, but that's a rare event. Right now all I see is the market warning the fed not to raise rates.

THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!

Not sure if you guys remember when I took a 25 k loan from my 401k 2 years ago. Invested it all back. Was up 25% on it..   Just took out 50k (that is the max) 

cmon housing market, do your thing and crash!

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Good thing we let in millions of worker bees, on the southern border, to pick up the slack. Has the govt set up a website yet where I can get some delivered?

its more good thing we tell people you dont have to work the govt will give you free money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Btw, I moved 50% of cash in to large cap today.

I'm about ready to do the same...

dont mean to go all geek on ya but ive lost over 30k in market in last week. getting real fockin scared. empty focking shelves, gas prices..if market goes….fockin biden

It always does. Don't get in if you can't afford the dips. 

Move it somewhere else in the meantime but be ready to  buy back in come December. 

Buy low and hold long. 

11 minutes ago, HTH said:

I just went all cash this morning.  Am I dumb?

:dunno:

We will see but yeah, I'd say so unless this goes down more then you would be wise to get right back in.

If it goes down another 3-5% and you were out for that, you just beat the market for the year by 3-5% if you redeploy that $. I'm already in that boat. 

15 minutes ago, HTH said:

Maybe. I haven't sold

On 1/21/2022 at 12:50 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its more good thing we tell people you dont have to work the govt will give you free money

There are 1.5 million fewer people working today than there were 2 years ago.

22 minutes ago, HTH said:

Depends if you pull the trigger to buy at a lower level. When the markets drops to lower levels, will you buy or be even more spooked than you are now.  Also, your timeframe is very important.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

There are 1.5 million fewer people working today than there were 2 years ago.

Yeah, and those not working today who were 2 years ago are going to suck social security dry.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Yeah, and those not working today who were 2 years ago are going to suck social security dry.  Thanks!

Not if the jab juice works out as planned and they all drop dead before 65. 😉

On 1/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, lod001 said:

I think Monday is gonna be big, one way or the other or maybe even both.

1,000 points

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

1,000 points

Wish I had the balls to load in on my gambling account today. I bought a scrawny amount.

1 hour ago, HTH said:

Yes, unless you need it.  You can't time the market.

17 minutes ago, vomit said:

Amen.  The market closed up today.

45 minutes ago, vomit said:

And cash lost 6.8% last year

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Today was a super heavy volume day on SPY.  Biggest volume since the pandemic crash in spring 2020.

Not as much volume as your mom's bedroom on a Friday Night

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Not as much volume as your mom's bedroom on a Friday Night

youre just sour that she has a "no vomit" policy.

MSFT beats and then proceeds to get taken out behind the woodshed and really beat. Down 5% afterhours today, down 18% from its high.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

MSFT beats and then proceeds to get taken out behind the woodshed and really beat. Down 5% afterhours today, down 18% from its high.

And the saps who sold see it rise 7.5% from the low without them. That one is gonna sting.