Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Does anybody NOT like Stevie Wonder?

I never met him. Don't know anything about him except he sang some popular songs. So I have no basis for liking him or not liking him.  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't like the song Superstition, does that make me racist?  :unsure:

Nope, just a black cat.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Seems like a safe choice no matter the crowd, age, occasion.

Come to think of it, you're correct.  I know zero people who dislike Stevie Wonder.  

• Like 1

Stevie is a fantastic musician and rightly well-beloved, ever since he was a child prodigy.

Politics, like always, tears things apart though. Stevie briefly ran for mayor of Detroit as Coleman Young's rein of twenty years of destroying the city came to an end. At the time, I loved the guy as I still do, but upon hearing his platform, I can recall feeling the urge to put him in an ugly tie and take him to Cleveland to campaign there. 

51 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Never liked Stevie wonder. Think he’s a great talent but no my type of music in the slightest 

:cheers: I don’t dislike him but I’m not searching him out on purpose when I’m looking for something to listen to.

Not a fan of of his driving skills

Did you hear Stevie Wonder's wife left him?

Poor bastard didn't see it coming. 

Wonder had a couple of decent hits, but c'mon... people call him a "genius" because he's blind. Same with Ray Charles.

And what's with the weird head movements? Ray did the same thing. What is it about being blind that makes them want to swing their heads around like meth addicts?  You'd think someone with eyesight would tell them "You look ridiculous. Try to keep your head still while talking and singing... like normal people."

21 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Stevie is a fantastic musician and rightly well-beloved, ever since he was a child prodigy.

Politics, like always, tears things apart though. Stevie briefly ran for mayor of Detroit as Coleman Young's rein of twenty years of destroying the city came to an end. At the time, I loved the guy as I still do, but upon hearing his platform, I can recall feeling the urge to put him in an ugly tie and take him to Cleveland to campaign there. 

Have you ever seen the house he lived in at that time?

Neither has he. 

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Wonder had a couple of decent hits, but c'mon... people call him a "genius" because he's blind. Same with Ray Charles.

as I understand it, he was really the first virtuoso when it came to synthesizers. And while other artists have done this since, he was one of the first to lay down all the tracks on multiple songs. From drums to Bass to lead to piano to vocals and then tie them all together like some of the best producers.

Nope..never been a fan.   Appreciate what he represents in music and I get it, but I don't  like his music much at all

Maybe his accountant at the end of each month when they've got to mail out the child support checks?   

(He had a lot of kids with a lot of different women, something like 9/5).