seafoam1

Bears trade #1 to Panthers -Add TJ Edwards and now Tremaine Edmunds

And get the Panthers' #9 and #61 this year, #1 next year, and a 2nd in 2025, plus DJ Moore. :banana:

• Like 1

QB is by far the most important position and moving up 8 spots to #1 is historically costly but, as a Panther fan, that’s to much.  Take DJ out and it would be palatable.  

This isn’t an Andrew Luck draft year.  Hell the best QB prospect is up in the air.  One of the “Big 4” likely would have been there at 9 anyway.  Ugh. They better get it right.  

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

QB is by far the most important position and moving up 8 spots to #1 is historically costly but, as a Panther fan, that’s to much.  Take DJ out and it would be palatable.  

This isn’t an Andrew Luck draft year.  Hell the best QB prospect is up in the air.  One of the “Big 4” likely would have been there at 9 anyway.  Ugh. They better get it right.  

Yea the qb class with the top guys is like throwing a dart blindly.

Man I wish the Cards could get anything like this to trade from #3 down about 8 spots.  🙏

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Man I wish the Cards could get anything like this to trade from #3 down about 8 spots.  🙏

C'mon man, you've got Kyler Murray! 

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Bears are going to regret this.  They need to find a QB who can pass and not always run at the first sign of a defender.

What if Will Levis is that guy and he is there at #9?

I have a similar thought for the Cards, but no way the new regime gives up on Kyler this early.  Next best is to trade down and stockpile talent over the next few years.  Last choice is one really good/great edge guy.

You would expect that now Carolina, Houston, and Indianapolis to take QBs, probably in order Stroud, Young, Richardson. Arizona, unless they trade down, would take Will Anderson. 

And then the real guess work starts as to what my "Hawks want to do. Jalen Carter with the legal issues? Tyree Wilson? This team desperately needs D-line talent. DESPERATELY. Maybe go D-line at #5 and #20 desperately. They won't take Will Levis. Trade down? Sure, they usually trade down when deep in the 1st round, but they always seem to stand pat when they draft early. 

As of now, the draft starts at pick #5. Start the bidding for the pick. 

10 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Bears are going to regret this.  They need to find a QB who can pass and not always run at the first sign of a defender.

They can probably get one of the top 4 at 9.   None of them are sure locks.

45 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

One of the “Big 4” likely would have been there at 9 anyway.  Ugh. They better get it right.  

This is probably true but this move tells me they like one more than the rest.  Now Reich has no excuse to be able to say they didn’t get the guy he wanted.

I don’t hate giving up Moore if they’re going rookie QB, it’s probably gonna take a couple years to become a legit contender

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is probably true but this move tells me they like one more than the rest.  Now Reich has no excuse to be able to say they didn’t get the guy he wanted.

I don’t hate giving up Moore if they’re going rookie QB, it’s probably gonna take a couple years to become a legit contender

Let's hope they suck next year so the Bears have their high pick in the first round. :banana:

It feels strange to say this, but the Bears probably need to use these draft picks to help them beat the surging Lions.

Draft Hendon Hooker in the second round and keep all those picks and your WR1.  Use the first on an Offensive Lineman.The older I get the more I realize no QB can survive without it. You put prime Tom Brady with a below average O-line and history is different. 

Panthers burned a 3rd on Matt Corrall last year.  David Tepper is the worst owner in football. 

is Seafoam a Bears fan?  :rolleyes:

If a CJ Stroud or Young or Richardson or whomever they pick ends up a STUD I will eat crow.  But that’s a big *IF*.  

I don’t mind burning those picks to move up as they are guesses, but DJ Moore is a bird in the hand, worth more than two in the bush.  

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

If a CJ Stroud or Young or Richardson or whomever they pick ends up a STUD I will eat crow.  But that’s a big *IF*.  

I think on paper, the trade is a good one. Especially as they managed to keep pick #39. It really only cost them a 2023 late 2nd,  2024 1st and a 2025 2nd. Sure, it's nice to have a weapon for a young QB but DJ Moore really isn't a top 10-15 WR in the league or anything and building the offensive line is more important. You can then start to put the weapons around the QB. Panthers seem to have some decent cap space...

the issue, as you said, is that they went all the way up to #1 in a draft where there is no clear cut #1. So they have to hope to get it right. If they don't, then you'll regret losing DJ Moore but probably regret the 2024 1st round pick way moore. 

Panthers are claiming their willing to trade back for the right deal

Carolina with a rookie QB next year thrown into the fire without their best receiver now. They won 7 games last season, hope they end up only winning like 3 or 4 this coming season. Or even less. Go Bears!! :banana:

Who would’ve ever imagined that Houston winning their last game of the season would change the course of Chicago’s future so dramatically.  

And to think, if Houston lost they could have made a deal like that and STILL walked away with one of the Big 4 QB’s - any of whom could be a long term franchise QB.

Lovie Smith’s middle finger exit. 

I’m staggered at this trade. Chicago got one of the biggest hauls I’ve ever seen.  Both teams will probably suck next year, so it’s possible that Chicago will have 4 of the first 40 picks in next year’s draft, and 2 of the first 10.  That’s the type of thing that can completely turn a franchise around.

5 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Chicago got one of the biggest hauls I’ve ever seen

I had to read it 3 times to make sure I was reading it right. Chicago owned Carolina and got DJ Moore on the backside!!! Who the hell is this new QB supposed to throw to? And they have no draft picks. 

I think the Panthers were closer than people think.  Helluva defense and just a little offense away from making the playoffs.  Seemed like a good place for Carr ...

18 minutes ago, Flipper said:

I think the Panthers were closer than people think.  Helluva defense and just a little offense away from making the playoffs.  Seemed like a good place for Carr ...

Might have been a hard sell to go the veteran QB route when Carolina already got bent over for Sam Darnold, whiffed on a Cam revival, tried Baker Mayfield and Frank Reich failed in Indy with Rivers, Wentz and Ryan….

I don’t totally disagree though. Carr on that team with picks 9,39,61 cap space and being in the weaker NFC could have been a recipe for success. 

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Great job by the Bears to get DJ Moore in this deal, huge win.

This guy knows football.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

I don't mind giving up other draft pics, even two firsts and a second.  But you those random darts....Carolina paid to much with DJ Moore.  Thats a coached and conditioned commodity.  

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Flipper said:

This may be good for Carolina in the long run but they are nowhere near ready to win now. They are drafting a rookie QB and traded away what would of been his #1 weapon and a ton of future assets. This pick screams CJ Stroud. Young will be in a wheelchair by the time they can compete, he too small. 

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Never trade up always trade down 

Trey.

Lance.

As a Bears fan I was looking at this going picks, Picks, picks OK. And we get DJ more?!! That’s hardly just a throw in. Love that trade. We had nothing really to gain by keeping that number one pick. That’s a good haul.

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I don’t mind burning those picks to move up as they are guesses, but DJ Moore is a bird in the hand, worth more than two in the bush.  

I've had more fun watching this year's mock drafts than I ever have before.

It already was quite the pickle to choose between Young, Stroud and Levis, and then Richardson suddenly jumps into the mix.

I'm a sort-of Texans fans because I'm from there, but I've been wildly interested in who they would take first. It appears Carolina clearly wants a QB at this point, but giving up whatever to the Bears to get that top pick in a not-so-great QB year might bite them in the ass.

And then what do the Texans do?

5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I don't know about that, guys spend their lives trying to get into the bush..

8 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

And get the Panthers' #9 and #61 this year, #1 next year, and a 2nd in 2025, plus DJ Moore. :banana:

Hey bro just curious but I remember why we all hate you so much could you refresh my memory?

• Haha 1

I don't get why everyone is acting like this is some amazing haul.  49ers gave up 3 1sts and change to move up to 3 for trey Lance.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

I don't get why everyone is acting like this is some amazing haul.  49ers gave up 3 1sts and change to move up to 3 for trey Lance.

But the Panthers gave up what will be a really high 1st round pick next season, easily top 5. SF's first round picks may as well be 2nd rounders. And the Bears only moved down to 9 and will still get the player they were targeting all along. It's brilliant for them 

16 minutes ago, League Champion said:

But the Panthers gave up what will be a really high 1st round pick next season, easily top 5. SF's first round picks may as well be 2nd rounders. And the Bears only moved down to 9 and will still get the player they were targeting all along. It's brilliant for them 

The Panthers could certainly get 6 or 7 wins again.   Rhule was probably one of the worst coaches ever, and it wouldn’t be that difficult for a rookie QB to be as good as the combo of Darnold/Mayfield/Walker.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The Panthers could certainly get 6 or 7 wins again.   Rhule was probably one of the worst coaches ever, and it wouldn’t be that difficult for a rookie QB to be as good as the combo of Darnold/Mayfield/Walker.

No, DJ Moree and no high picks for the next 2 years. It could get very rough there to. 

29 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yep. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

As a Bears fan I was looking at this going picks, Picks, picks OK. And we get DJ more?!! That’s hardly just a throw in. Love that trade. We had nothing really to gain by keeping that number one pick. That’s a good haul.

That was a massive haul.  Congrats.   DJ Moore is better than what they would have gotten out of free agency, although there will be a $20/18/16 million cap hit.  You would have spent $12 million at WR anyways.   

• Thanks 1