Patented Phil

San Francisco considers reparations proposal to give $5 million per Black person

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I think we can get behind this.  

My only request would be that all the b!tching from the AA community would then have to stop......no more whining, you get your money and you STFU and get to work improving your life like the rest of us....

If we could get that, I think it would be worth every penny....

What’s sad about this statement is that the truth is that the vast majority of complaints from African Americans about our society are genuine. They’re not whining; the injustice really does exist. For the vast majority of blacks in this country, the truth is that they can work as hard as “the rest of us”, to use your term, and will never have equal opportunities to succeed, and will always have to face institutional racism. 

Until these problems are finally solved, if they ever are, no amount of money will end racial strife in this country. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So far all of the people here that want this to happen are conservatives such as yourself who seem to believe that all liberals are communists and it’s time for the civil war. 

Civil wars to defeat ideas have a rather failed outcome, historically, if I understand the matter.  Turns out blood and death do not remove concepts, they nurture them.  

What did they call this in another era, winning hearts and minds.

I am going to be with you on the idiocy of a civil war proponded by some.  That's not to say there are those I might not like to eliminate.  Its just that I expect two more, worse, to spring up in their place. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

What’s sad about this statement is that the truth is that the vast majority of complaints from African Americans about our society are genuine. They’re not whining; the injustice really does exist. For the vast majority of blacks in this country, the truth is that they can work as hard as “the rest of us”, to use your term, and will never have equal opportunities to succeed, and will always have to face institutional racism. 

Until these problems are finally solved, if they ever are, no amount of money will end racial strife in this country. 

"Injustice" does exist.  But it is not the reason, or even a factor of import, as it pertains to the AA community.  Everyone is competing, and whether you progress or not is not a factor of skin color, it is of behavior.  This is why African immigrants come to this country and are rather successful.

It is time to stop mewling about how hard the world can be, and time to buckle down and do exactly what other minority groups have done, work for it, then make sound decisions.

Honestly, it is not some mystery....

Show me the government law, or corporate policies that are impeding the AA community is such a profound and exclusive way.  Hint, you cant because none of what you think is true.  In fact, you will find the complete opposite....

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Is this an acknowledgement that the money should not be spent as it will be spent in futility.  I mean if it will always be and can't be cured by money why impose the cost on the rest?

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

"Injustice" does exist.  But it is not the reason, or even a factor of import, as it pertains to the AA community.  Everyone is competing, and whether you progress or not is not a factor of skin color, it is of behavior.  This is why African immigrants come to this country and are rather successful.

It is time to stop mewling about how hard the world can be, and time to buckle down and do exactly what other minority groups have done, work for it, then make sound decisions.

Honestly, it is not some mystery....

Show me the government law, or corporate policies that are impeding the AA community is such a profound and exclusive way.  Hint, you cant because none of what you think is true.  In fact, you will find the complete opposite....

My neighbors, ethiopian immigrants, legal, are both nurses.  They have an active church community.  They are strict parents.  Their eldest just got accepted to Duke.  Their skin pigmentation has not seemed a barrier to the American dream.  

• Like 1

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

My neighbors, ethiopian immigrants, legal, are both nurses.  They have an active church community.  They are strict parents.  Their eldest just got accepted to Duke.  Their skin pigmentation has not seemed a barrier to the American dream.  

It is evident across all minority groups.   A healthy family arises from a healthy culture. And the AA culture in the USA is cancerous.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Is this an acknowledgement that the money should not be spent as it will be spent in futility.  I mean if it will always be and can't be cured by money why impose the cost on the rest?

Well I was speaking of reparations. Money can and should be spent on improving inner cities, specifically lower level education, and on the reform of our justice system. That will go a long way. 

18 hours ago, DonS said:

Glad to see our resident liberals laugh at the $5M price tag.  Is there a payday you agree with or do you agree that ANY reparations are laughable? 

Bumping this question to get a clear answer from the board liberals. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well I was speaking of reparations. Money can and should be spent on improving inner cities, specifically lower level education, and on the reform of our justice system. That will go a long way. 

Reforms of the reforms.  Or reforms of the reforms of the reforms?

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I believe I took your point. Perhaps not. I took your point as being disdain for the intelligence of Timshochet in particular and for liberals as a group. 

I sometimes fixate on expressions, written and oral, as english is not my first language. Idiomatic expressions are among the last forms of communication to be appreciated in non-native speech.

I think it was a cross between uneducated and low information.

What is your first language? :ninja:

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I believe I took your point. Perhaps not. I took your point as being disdain for the intelligence of Timshochet in particular and for liberals as a group. 

I sometimes fixate on expressions, written and oral, as english is not my first language. Idiomatic expressions are among the last forms of communication to be appreciated in non-native speech.

It’s a message board. Get over it. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

So far all of the people here that want this to happen are conservatives such as yourself who seem to believe that all liberals are communists and it’s time for the civil war. 

The reason conservatives want this to happen is because they want visible proof that it won't work.  Not just common sense.

I'm not against local or state governments from doing this.  It's only affecting the local community (or state), by which the locals (or state), who voted for these policy makers.

"Leftists" are communists, not liberals... there's just a lot more "leftists" than what you think there are.  I think the whole country should be against "leftists", the thing is, only conservatives are.

Lets be honest though, the only reason why reparations get talked about is because Democrats want to keep a hold on the black vote.  You talk about poor inner cities and their schools, yet, they're all run by Democrats.  Some are liberals, some are leftists, but they're ALL Democrats.  When you talk about systemic racism, you're talking about Democrats... yet, for some reason, you keep voting for Democrats and are wondering why systemic racism still exists.  My suggestion is to stop voting for it and it might go away.  The Democrats entire existence revolves around victims.  Without victims, there's no Democrat elites.  To vote for a Democrat is to vote for victims staying victims... or new victims being created.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wow, Donald Trump did all of that.

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Not laughable. It’s a serious issue that requires discussion. But I’m opposed. 

Thanks for clearly stating that you are opposed to reparations. :thumbsup:

How about you squis?  I understand basic algebra is involved so your calculator might not be able to help you understand the numbers involved. 

• Haha 2

This is an incredible idea...  Anyone that thinks they deserve money because of having relatives in slavery (true or not), let them come to SF...  Announce a date and a time and they have to be there to collect in person...

Then nuke the place...

has anyone asked Chat GPT

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

has anyone asked Chat GPT

ChatGPT thinks you should let a nuclear bomb detonate in a large population rather than say the N word to disarm it, so... :dunno:

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

ChatGPT thinks you should let a nuclear bomb detonate in a large population rather than say the N word to disarm it, so... :dunno:

PROGRESS!!

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

PROGRESS!!

Don't you have some unconscious bias training you should be taking about now?

5 hours ago, DonS said:

Bumping this question to get a clear answer from the board liberals. 

I can't hear them, the crickets are so loud. Bunch of POS, low IQ losers

I've said it once and I'll say it again, being brought to America as slaves is single handedly the greatest thing that happened to the black race. If it weren't for that they'd still be in Africa eating focking mud pies and making music with elephant tusks.  There is no country in the world it's easier to make money in and you're still struggling as a group, wtf?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, being brought to America as slaves is single handedly the greatest thing that happened to the black race. If it weren't for that they'd still be in Africa eating focking mud pies and making music with elephant tusks.  There is no country in the world it's easier to make money in and you're still struggling as a group, wtf?

Heck, people coming from Africa today still do much better than they do.  The Democrats have turned them into victims.

42 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Heck, people coming from Africa today still do much better than they do.  The Democrats have turned them into victims.

....for votes. 

Once again, this is never going to happen.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It starts at home. Black kids raised in a nuclear family, with parents that raise them with discipline and encourage them to become productive members of society, generally succeed in America. 

Black kids from broken homes, raised without discipline or encouragement to become productive members of society, generally fail at life. 

It ain't Whitey's fault and it ain't Whitey's responsibility. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edjr said:

PROGRESS!!

In case anyone thought I was kidding:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

In case anyone thought I was kidding:

It’s such a stupid scenario (the only way to avoid a nuclear bomb is to use the N word!) that I’m pretty sure I’d answer it the same way if only to troll the idiot who asked the question. Such a question deserves nothing but utter contempt and derision. 

24 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s such a stupid scenario (the only way to avoid a nuclear bomb is to use the N word!) that I’m pretty sure I’d answer it the same way if only to troll the idiot who asked the question. Such a question deserves nothing but utter contempt and derision. 

Stupid AI did not consider if the speaker were black, or if not, if the slur pronounced with an "a" in place of an "er" would disarm the device.

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You seem upset. 

49 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well, it may not be as smart as other stuff people ask ChatGPT like, I dunno, write an Elizabethan sonnet using dialog from The Hangover, but it is a pretty interesting question if you want to gather some insight into the underlying guidance programmed into it.  The AI recognizes that "the scenario presents a difficult dilemma," so it knows what it is being asked.  And yet that is its answer.  :dunno: 

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah more money is the solution.  Baltimore is the third most-funded school system among the 100 largest in America.  They spend over $18,000 per student yet 41% of high school students earn below 1.0 GPA.

39 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Yeah more money is the solution.  Baltimore is the third most-funded school system among the 100 largest in America.  They spend over $18,000 per student yet 41% of high school students earn below 1.0 GPA.

That's the liberal answer to everything: just throw more money at it.

The problem isn't the money, the problem is the liberal grifters and liberal administrators that are stealing that money to enrich themselves. It's a get rich quick scheme if you can get in on the scam.

• Thanks 1

How do liberals expect to be able to teach the kids crt and count all the genders if they can’t read or count? 

RLLD, none of that matters. 

This is ALL about the white man paying for what happened to AA's over 200 years ago.  

The SF proposal of $5million to AA adults would cost non-qualifiers (i.e. non-AA people) nearly $600,000/household. 

This is focking ridiculous. 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:30 AM, Engorgeous George said:

Civil wars to defeat ideas have a rather failed outcome, historically, if I understand the matter.  Turns out blood and death do not remove concepts, they nurture them. 

Tell that to Mao.  He started a civil war in China but just slaughtered everyone opposed to him.  So there was no opposition when he was done except the people to fled to Taiwan.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Tell that to Mao.  He started a civil war in China but just slaughtered everyone opposed to him.  So there was no opposition when he was done except the people to fled to Taiwan.

And the tianemen Square protestors, and the folks who even today live under intense information blackouts so that the seed which lays dormant does not burst into bloom.

like i say, the singular goal is to guilt trip America into becoming a dictatorship.  Once that happens, all of the issues like racism will magically vanish.  The new dictatorship will most likely just ship minorities to concentration camps and kill them all because diversity is a huge weakness.

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

like i say, the singular goal is to guilt trip America into becoming a dictatorship.  Once that happens, all of the issues like racism will magically vanish.  The new dictatorship will most likely just ship minorities to concentration camps and kill them all because diversity is a huge weakness.

Dude..You say a whole cartload of dumb things, but this one is definitely one of your best ever.