Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

I turned....

47 on 11/11. 

Not TheOldGirl just yet. But getting there. 

#lookatme 

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Happy Birthday...also i thought I would open this up and it would just say "a nekkid cartwheel and my bewbs slapped my face"

Fixed it for you.  :banana: 

Also happy birfday TNG.  Born on Veterans Day in 1976, you are quite the patriotic young lady! 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Also happy birfday TNG.  Born on Veterans Day in 1976, you are quite the patriotic young lady! 🇺🇸

Specially when you remember who her grandpa is...

24 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Happy Birthday...also i thought I would open this up and it would just say "a cartwheel"

I was thinking it would say "tricks for drug money" 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Specially when you remember who her grandpa is...

Wait, I don't get it.  :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I was thinking it would say "tricks for drug money" 

Then Bunny could start an intervention thread for her.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

47 on 11/11. 

#lookatme 

Happy birthday TinkerBell!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wait, I don't get it.  :dunno: 

My bad...I found the original posts, wasn't her, but someone from the Curly board she knew...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also Bicentennial!  GO 'MURICA! 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s not old. My lovely wife is 57. 

Mine too.  Hey, wait a minute!  :mad: 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s not old. My lovely wife is 57. 

Being married to you she probably feels 87

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

47 on 11/11. 

#lookatme 

Happy birthday 

you just entered my wheelhouse age range 👍🏼

I turned 48 a month ago.  I swear, not sure if the Covid years had something to do with it or what but the past three years I feel like I’ve aged six.  We’re in double time. Maybe it’s the age of my kids, constantly going going going or what.  I’m tired, I never used to get tired.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I turned 48 a month ago.  I swear, not sure if the Covid years had something to do with it or what but the past three years I feel like I’ve aged six.  We’re in double time. Maybe it’s the age of my kids, constantly going going going or what.  I’m tired, I never used to get tired.  

It’s the vaccine 😐

(or if you didn’t get it, it’s the lack of vaccine)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Then Bunny could start an intervention thread for her.

Nice! Happpy Birthday darlin. I turn double nickel on Friday. Didn’t realize we have a few Scorpios up in here.And, I’ll show you mine if you show me yours❤️🥕❤️

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

It’s the vaccine 😐

(or if you didn’t get it, it’s the lack of vaccine)

I laughed. I was more talking about the stress of it all.  I was at home working with elementary and middle school kids trying to remote school.  My gym was shutdown, gah it was terrible.  The only positive thing of the Covid shutdown time was I played a TON of golf.  

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Judy Garland

Manute Bol

Jim Valvano

...all died at 47. 

💀⚰️🥳

and Jani Lane 😢

also Hitler’s mom.

15 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Was talking about this with a friend recently. 

The last four years have really taken their toll. Aside from Covid, my son graduated in 2020 which was a "drive thru" graduation and I really don't think he's been the same since either. My mom has had serious health issues (strokes, Parkinsons, etc). and watching my dad go through her basically dying has been much tougher. I was hospitalized twice (2020 and 2022), due to surgeries that didn't go as planned. It's just been one hard hitting thing after another it seems and getting closer to 50 is kind of like...where did the focking time go?! 

I think out of ALL of this, being my kid grow is one thing (21 and 18 now), seeing my parents enter their last decades of their lives is a whole other thing. its something that doesn't really cross your mind much as a child, or even into our 30s. Anyways, YAY! Hahahahah

• Like 3

17 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I laughed. I was more talking about the stress of it all.  I was at home working with elementary and middle school kids trying to remote school.  My gym was shutdown, gah it was terrible.  The only positive thing of the Covid shutdown time was I played a TON of golf.  

No i knew what you meant and feel the same way and I don’t have kids. I think everyone has felt the impact. A big one for me was visiting my grandmother during covid and really noticing a huge change in her cognitive functioning. Wasn’t sure if it was old age flipping like a switch or if it was the complete lack of social interaction and her daily routine. For someone like her, it took away her entire life (going to church, senior bus trips to Atlantic City, going to the local diner with her little group of friends, etc)

so I started visiting once or twice a week so she had someone to interact with. After a while I felt like she was much more her usual self. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Was talking about this with a friend recently. 

The last four years have really taken their toll. Aside from Covid, my son graduated in 2020 which was a "drive thru" graduation and I really don't think he's been the same since either.

My younger two graduated HS in 2020 and had a similar drive through experience, but they were able to get out of the car and had a couple of stations to walk through....to receive their diploma and a couple of photo op stations.  I think it bugged them a little at the time, until I pointed out it was better than sitting on the football field for 2+ hours in the sun and heat to do the same thing.  A couple days later, they had a video ceremony with a speaker and photos from the drive through.  It was done well.  

They've been fine in college and will graduate in the spring.

On 11/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, TheNewGirl said:

47 on 11/11. 

#lookatme 

Happy belated birthday! I honestly didn’t know you were the same age as my sister. She’s 12 years older than me as well. Hope you had a great bday! 👍

I'm glad some geeks love me enough to post about my bday.  Also, happy bday.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, TheNewGirl said:

47 on 11/11. 

#lookatme 

Ohh yeah we have the same birthday... 49 for me.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 4:48 PM, KSB2424 said:

This... seriously. Time has excellerated.

8 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

This... seriously. Time has excellerated.

It’s the late 40’s plus strange Covid years.  I feel 60 with diarrhoea and the humor of a 18 year old. 

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s the late 40’s plus strange Covid years.  I feel 60 with diarrhoea and the humor of a 18 year old. 

Cha Cha Cha

Let's just make sure we have a geek meat before we are both ded. 
I'll tell you which parking lot I'll be in at a certain time.. you''ll meet me there, and we'll drive by each other say "Nice Meeting You" as we pass. :cheers:
We don't even have to get out of our vehicles, nor stop....It's a perfect plan.