Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

Sucking a big fat one is what's keeping them so quiet now. :overhead:

They can report back on how Malcolm Butlers inflated balls taste

bump

This kind of went by the way side with no new info. Im thinking it was someone just blowing smoke

Expect Wells' report by St. Patrick's Day. The owner's meetings are the following week and they will want this to not be a distraction.

My guess is that Wells will say:

- Balls had some irregularities

- No proof of tampering by anyone

- Chain of custody and game-day changes are suggested

NFL wisely not being as hasty as they were on past investigations involving Pats. IMO much to do about nothing will be in Wells report and agree with Patsfatboy1 that game day procedures will be changed. Lots will be watching this and the penalties Cleveland and Atalnta receive. Guy I golfed with today said Hoyer's helmet was in communication w/ staff after allotted 15 seconds but I thought it involved someone (owner?) texting suggested plays to coaches.......anyone?

PR stunt. It did it's jobs of getting focus on the nfl and made viewership of the Super Bowl even greater. Now that it's over no one cares about it and the case will never be resolved.

I think there was something to it . But was the NFL going to do . There was no way to penalize the Pats and now they have won the superbowl, if you ask me its just awesome .

Ted Wells Investigation - Full Report

You can read all 243 pages in the line above...

Based on the evidence developed in connection with the investigation and
summarized in this Report, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that New
England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the NFL Playing Rules and were
involved in a deliberate attempt to circumvent those rules. In particular, we conclude that it is

more probable than not that Jim McNally and John Jastremski participated in a deliberate plan to
circumvent the rules by releasing air from Patriots game balls after the examination of the
footballs by NFL game officials at the AFC Championship Game. We believe that McNally and
Jastremski were aware that the inflation level of the Patriots game balls following pre-game
inspection by the game officials would be approximately 12.5 psi and planned for McNally to
deflate the balls below that level following the pre-game inspection using a needle provided by
Jastremski. Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that
Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and
Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.

We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel
participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to
circumvent the rules described above. In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing
or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Head Coach Belichick or any other Patriots
coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or
knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld.

Another black eye for he NFL . The super bowl winner cheated . Oh my soul .

Tom Brady......a liar and a cheater. Doesn't matter what else he does, that stink never goes away.

• Like 1

That is really strong evidence. I didn't read it all but the text messages and the account of the Naka being taken from the Refs room without asking.

Yeesh... The Boston Globe has a story up on this, too. Apparently the guy who was deflating the balls did so at Brady's request. In return, Brady gave him signed memorabilia, for the guy to sell. Brady's likely looking at some type of suspension. Between his career earnings, and his wife's (!), a monetary fine would not be of ANY significance to him.

Tom Brady......a liar and a cheater. Doesn't matter what else he does, that stink never goes away.

his chick is pretty cute

So how many Super Bowls did the Pats really win then ?

Suspension has to be coming

probs one of the ballboys will have to sit out 2 preseason games

probs one of the ballboys will have to sit out 2 preseason games

Sounds fair and goodell will apologize

• Like 1

OK Pats fans, eat some crow. Is it possible that a detail like Brady working with the equipment guys to lower the psi gets by BB?

• Like 1

OK Pats fans, eat some crow. Is it possible that a detail like Brady working with the equipment guys to lower the psi gets by BB?

No way in hell.

That dude is a micro-managing sicko.

• Like 1

I think adding a little perspective may help slow this train down. The media however will blow it up as much as they can for ratings.

Perspective.

Pass interference on Dallas in the playoffs....did they cheat to win? It was clearly against the rules but the player still did it. Is he a cheater, are the cowboys cheaters?

My point is that it is up to the refs to call the game fairly.

Now that is turns out there are reports of the NFL conspiring with the Colts to "catch the pats" cheating with underinflated balls. That is a bigger story to me. They were aware the balls were deflated before the game and let them play with them!

They job is to create a level playing field, and they purposely did not.

Many will want Brady to get suspended because there are 31 other teams and their fans that want to win and any way that they don't have to face Brady and the Pats, they will use to their advantage! Ironic....

Focking cheaters :thumbsdown:

Its "always something" whenever the Pats win. The beauty of it is that every sports fan NOT living in Boston is well-aware of this and everything they've accomplished will always be tainted to some degree. Thats the fact of the matter and there is no getting around it.

:)

• Like 1

I didn't know Brady refused to hand over his phone to investigators.

He should be suspended until he cooperates with the investigation.

I didn't know Brady refused to hand over his phone to investigators.

Easy to see why he did not cooperate in the texts messages that went back and forth between McNally and Jastremski. Just another incriminating tid bit in the general scrum. Kraft's assertion that 'no evidence' is bogus too - the texts about 'I've got a needle for you' cannot mean anything other than a systematic subversion of the rules in order to give Tom a smaller ball that was easier for him to throw. Cheaters!

Easy to see why he did not cooperate in the texts messages that went back and forth between McNally and Jastremski. Just another incriminating tid bit in the general scrum. Kraft's assertion that 'no evidence' is bogus too - the texts about 'I've got a needle for you' cannot mean anything other than a systematic subversion of the rules in order to give Tom a smaller ball that was easier for him to throw. Cheaters!

But if you already have McNally and Jastremski's phone, you should already has all the messages from Brady

this is such a stupid hard and fast rule, why don't they have a sliding scale?

some qb's like softer balls while some like their balls firm

this is such a stupid hard and fast rule, why don't they have a sliding scale?

some qb's like softer balls while some like their balls firm

Equal playing field. Not hard to understand.

how is a couple psi unequal?

I don't think it does at all . But it's more about the integrity of the value of the rules in keeping the game fair . If the rule was broken than that's what makes it unequal . Looks like the rule was broken . So it looks like they cheated now that's a big deal not the amount of the psi . It's all about the integrity for rules that where set and make the playing field even .

I don't think it does at all . But it's more about the integrity of the value of the rules in keeping the game fair . If the rule was broken than that's what makes it unequal . Looks like the rule was broken . So it looks like they cheated now that's a big deal not the amount of the psi . It's all about the integrity for rules that where set and make the playing field even .

I'm not saying that the rule as it stands wasn't broken, what I'm saying is that they should change the rule moving forward to a sliding psi scale

I'm not saying that the rule as it stands wasn't broken, what I'm saying is that they should change the rule moving forward to a sliding psi scale

I agree and have no problem with that . If each team gets to use their own footballs anyway , don't see why that would not work .

So I do agree with you again . Oh man that's now twice on the same day :) .

I think that the whole integrity of the game thing gets blown out of proportion. Players break rules all the time. Is deflating footballs really any different than a receiver that practices and perfects push-off techniques so that they don't get called for PI? Both are blatent attempts to circumvent established rules. The only real difference is that the penalty for pushing off is well defined. Or how a about the bitzing LB who crushes the QB with a late hit. He probably gets a 15 yard penalty. Maybe he gets slapped with a fine - rarely a 1-game suspension.

I think that the whole integrity of the game thing gets blown out of proportion. Players break rules all the time. Is deflating footballs really any different than a receiver that practices and perfects push-off techniques so that they don't get called for PI? Both are blatent attempts to circumvent established rules. The only real difference is that the penalty for pushing off is well defined. Or how a about the bitzing LB who crushes the QB with a late hit. He probably gets a 15 yard penalty. Maybe he gets slapped with a fine - rarely a 1-game suspension.

I think the NFL does see it different . Do,you think the NFL sees it different ?