Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Government shutdown...

Doesn't effect me either way personally. Just find it funny the guy who said the quote below (and many, many others about how he is the best deal maker ever) is now presiding over the longest government shutdown in US history.

“Deals are my art form. I like making deals, preferably big deals.” – The Art of The Deal

Funny you should post this. They interviewed the guy who actually came up with the term art of the deal. And the accompanying book.

He said that the Don was a horrible deal maker. In fact, by his very nature, he is a horrible deal maker. Because in his narcissistic immature little brain, he doesn't want to give an inch. And that is just the opposite of negotiation. You need to know what to give and what to fight for. And he simply does not.

Interesting to hear it from the guy who wrote the book on him. Literally.

Welcome to politics Trumpy.....where the deal is far more complex because it includes personality disorders, extreme corruption, and adolescent vindictiveness..... nothing he has seen in the business world has prepared him for the dysfunction he is engaging.

Welcome to politics Trumpy.....where the deal is far more complex because it includes personality disorders, extreme corruption, and adolescent vindictiveness..... nothing he has seen in the business world has prepared him for the dysfunction he is engaging.

Dont forget pettiness, narcissism and immaturity. :(

This too is rampant in government at all levels. Truly, it is far worse at the local levels though. Local county governments are as close to organized crime as anything else I have ever witnessed.

This too is rampant in government at all levels. Truly, it is far worse at the local levels though. Local county governments are as close to organized crime as anything else I have ever witnessed.

Thank God Trump is here to combat the narcissistic juvenile petty political types. Hopefully he finds time to improve the tone in DC while erasing the federal debt and strong arming Mexico into buying the Wall. :thumbsup:

Trump is all that.

But spending 5.7 Billion on walls, fencing, and other forms of border security is sound policy.

Both can be true, personally I choose to support what actually effects me. Trump's warts don't affect me. Thats just political mumbo jumbo rah rah go team stuff,

• Like 1

But spending 5.7 Billion on walls, fencing, and other forms of border security is sound policy.

If Trump had pitched it that way instead of making it a political grandstanding stunt about The Wall he promised us Mexico was going to buy he would have the $5.7b.

Don lost this round hard and had nobody to blame but himself.

Thank God Trump is here to combat the narcissistic juvenile petty political types. Hopefully he finds time to improve the tone in DC while erasing the federal debt and strong arming Mexico into buying the Wall. :thumbsup:

I think you are mistaken, trump represents those things, in spades......as do many other politicians, who seem more schooled at mostly hiding it.

Doesn't effect me either way personally. Just find it funny the guy who said the quote below (and many, many others about how he is the best deal maker ever) is now presiding over the longest government shutdown in US history.

Deals are my art form. I like making deals, preferably big deals. The Art of The Deal

I bet you pay sticker price for cars.

• Like 1

Why dont all those people living paycheck to paycheck take out a loan??

Sec of commerce.

Rofl...how out of touch

https://twitter.com/RepDanCrenshaw/status/1087883789970354176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1087883789970354176&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.weaselzippers.us%2F409156-house-democrats-defeat-third-bipartisan-effort-to-pay-federal-workers-during-the-shutdown%2F

@RepDanCrenshaw

Follow Follow @RepDanCrenshaw

Big deal that never got reported:

Last week, House GOP voted to pay federal employees their 1st paycheck of 2019, despite shutdown. Only 6 Dems voted with us. It failed.

Dem priority is not paying workers or opening gov't. It is opposing Trump.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll043.xml

My brother in law is in the CG

they are stuggling. 2 kids. They are doing so poorly they canceled cable :o

I'm not going over there anymore! :nono:

Sec of commerce.

Rofl...how out of touch

He's not altogether off base.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/01/22/government-shutdown-2019-creditors-roll-out-help-federal-workers/2642924002/

As 800,000 federal employees brace for another missed paycheck this week, banks, cellphone companies and nonprofit organizations are stepping up to help workers hurt by the month-long government shutdown.

Creditors from big banks to local credit unions and utility and telecom companies are offering forbearance, waiving late fees and providing short-term, no-interest loans for affected workers. For many, it’s the first time they have rolled out a nationwide plan for a government shutdown.

“Not in my recollection has there been such a universal response,” said Bruce McClary, the spokesman for the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), noting the efforts and timing are similar to those after major natural disasters.

I've personally received emails from 2 CC companies telling me about their assistance programs.

Restaurants are giving away free meals.

Paypal is offering help

Kraft Heinz opened a free pop grocery in DC

Food Banks are helping all over the country

Gofundme pages are out there

There are free symphony tickets, free bowling and even free knitting classes offered to those in "need". The list goes on and on.

And....let's not forget they're all gonna eventually get paid whether they worked during this time or not. That's the dumbest part of the whole mess. These should have been lay offs, not furloughs. Those who were still on the job should not have missed a paycheck. And those who were laid off could have been free to seek employment elsewhere. But no. The greatest country in the world thinks its better to keep them hanging and pay them all a big lump sum when the shutdown is over, effectively paying millions for work that was never done while penalizing those who did show up every day. Nice work if you can get it.

POTUS set to make announcement at 1:00 PM EST.

I'll laugh my a$$ off if he finds a way to fund the govt through some emergency means. Let the Dems try to shut that effort down then it's really on them.

https://twitter.com/RepDanCrenshaw/status/1087883789970354176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1087883789970354176&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.weaselzippers.us%2F409156-house-democrats-defeat-third-bipartisan-effort-to-pay-federal-workers-during-the-shutdown%2F

@RepDanCrenshaw

Follow Follow @RepDanCrenshaw

Big deal that never got reported:

Last week, House GOP voted to pay federal employees their 1st paycheck of 2019, despite shutdown. Only 6 Dems voted with us. It failed.

Dem priority is not paying workers or opening gov't. It is opposing Trump.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll043.xml

Except it passed the following day (1/23) with only 6 Republicans voting in favor. Crenshaw voted against.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/28?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22H+J+RES+28%22%5D%7D&s=2&r=1

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll046.xml

Sec of commerce.

Rofl...how out of touch

0% interest loans and they get back pay. I dont understand what is so difficult? I could do that right now on my lunch.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said he didn’t “really quite understand why” unpaid federal workers are going to food banks.

One of the latest missteps came on Thursday when Ross went on CNBC to encourage federal workers to seek low-interest loans to tide them over, and appeared to minimize the shutdown’s toll on thousands of workers who live paycheck to paycheck.

"These are basically government-guaranteed loans because the government has committed, these folks will get back pay once this whole thing gets settled down," Ross said. "So there is really not a good excuse why there really should be a liquidity crisis now."

"Now true, the people might have to pay a little bit of interest, but the idea that it's paycheck or zero is not a really valid idea," he continued.

"You're talking about 800,000 workers and while I feel sorry for the individuals that have hardship cases, 800,000 workers, if they never got their pay — which is not the case, they will eventually get it, but if they never got it, you're talking about a third of a percent on GDP so it's not like it's a gigantic number overall," he said.

Full Story

Way to appear in touch.

0% interest loans and they get back pay. I dont understand what is so difficult? I could do that right now on my lunch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/economy/wilbur-ross-says-furloughed-workers-should-take-out-a-loan-his-agencys-own-credit-union-is-charging-nearly-9-percent/2019/01/24/be1c9f1e-2020-11e9-8b59-0a28f2191131_story.html

"The Commerce Departments federal credit union is charging furloughed employees almost 9 percent interest on emergency loans to cover their missing paychecks, despite Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross saying Thursday that financial institutions were offering very, very low-interest-rate loans to bridge people over the gap."

Other minor inconveniences...

https://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/how-to-protect-credit-during-government-shutdown/

"Derogatory marks on credit reports could be a big problem for consumers who are going without pay during the shutdown. Unfortunately, its not just a problem now. Any credit damage experienced by the affected government employees could have long reaching consequences which extend years into the future.

Heres why:

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is the chief federal law that regulates credit reporting. There is no provision in the FCRA that protects the credit reports of furloughed government employees. If a late payment is made by a government employee who is currently going without pay, theres nothing to prevent that late payment from showing up on a future credit report.

Any credit report damage resulting from unpaid bills and late payments may remain on credit reports for up to seven years.

Sadly, even if the credit bureaus wanted to, they could not prevent late payments from appearing on the credit reports of furloughed employees.

There is no way for them to identify which consumers are making late payments because of the shutdown and which consumers are making late payments for other reasons."

3 week continuing resolution... nice. At least we get paid for the last couple weeks soon.

Hopefully they won't shut it down again at the end of that.

Hopefully they won't shut it down again at the end of that.

It will take at least 6 months before the lessons learned have been completely forgotten, so I think you are safe.

Glad its over for the time being.

Garage sale

Sell a kidney

Go through the cushions on the couch

Save for a rainy day?

Save for a rainy day?

What kind of Republican would that be? Trickle down economics. Make it, spend it. Economy booms.

Save??!!??!! Not a chance.

• Like 1

5 dead, blown away like animals... Not a peep from this board or the Orange Man - not a one.

But had this p.o.s. been brown - oh boy the thread would be 10 pages deep, and Orange Man would be flooding Twitter and the Networks with this as bulletin board material for his Wall.

Too bad he was one of ours, just a good old boy from the Midwest - missed out on a golden photo op.

5 dead, blown away like animals... Not a peep from this board or the Orange Man - not a one.

But had this p.o.s. been brown - oh boy the thread would be 10 pages deep, and Orange Man would be flooding Twitter and the Networks with this as bulletin board material for his Wall.

Too bad he was one of ours, just a good old boy from the Midwest - missed out on a golden photo op.

You could always go back to the other board and discuss it there.

orange man bad :mad:

If Trump had pitched it that way instead of making it a political grandstanding stunt about The Wall he promised us Mexico was going to buy he would have the $5.7b.

So let's be clear here. Pelosi and the democrats are against the wall because Trump said Mexico would pay for it? Is that what you are saying?

Sec of commerce.

Rofl...how out of touch

Yeah, did not help Trump's cause. Then Trump tried to defend him by saying the grocery stores would agree not to charge people until the shutdown is over. This is the same guy who still thinks you need ID to buy a gallon of milk.

Yesterday was a bad day for the whole man of the people schick.

Plus the head of the Coast guard and the FBI didn't mince any words about their thoughts on their people working for free.

And then today Major East Coast airports started shutting down operations.

... And more Republican senators or fixing to jump.

He did the only thing he could do.

So let's be clear here. Pelosi and the democrats are against the wall because Trump said Mexico would pay for it? Is that what you are saying?

The overarching concern is you can't have a sitting POTUS shutting down the government every time he doesn't get his way. No matter how many times the trumpets talked about 5 billion dollars, that's a drop in the bucket. So three weeks from now we shutdown again? And then 6 weeks from now? And then summer recess? And then and then and then?

you just can't do that. Hell, you can't even threaten that with the consequences it has. No matter what else is said, Trump will own the longest government shutdown in history.

Worst part? 3 weeks from now we might be right back at it again.

Yalls hatred for all things Trump has clouded your judgement on policies in and of themselves alone.

I was never a Trump guy; Didnt vote for him. But I at least try to be open minded in each separate issue - bill - decision as they come up.

Weve lost that. Its bloods vs crips no matter what.

I just wish people were self aware enough to see it in themselves.

Ugh.

• Like 2

The grandstanding got him elected.

How exactly did he lose this round?

Last I checked Congress still has not passed a budget, the Dems admitted they voted for a wall under Obama and the only reason they oppose it now is because Orange Man Bad. Not sure how that is going to play with regular people.

The overarching concern is you can't have a sitting POTUS shutting down the government every time he doesn't get his way. No matter how many times the trumpets talked about 5 billion dollars, that's a drop in the bucket. So three weeks from now we shutdown again? And then 6 weeks from now? And then summer recess? And then and then and then?

you just can't do that. Hell, you can't even threaten that with the consequences it has. No matter what else is said, Trump will own the longest government shutdown in history.

Worst part? 3 weeks from now we might be right back at it again.

I guess you do not remember 2013 when Obama shutdown the government over Obamacare funding.