Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

the old days of FFToday

Lurked on for long time , contributed some, miss old days of Don Haas, Sweetness, Swampdog bickering and discussing football. Miss guys going over to managers houses and punching them in the face in front of their wife and kids for reneging on a trade. Miss "who is the swiftest player in the nfl", Tommy Maddox will throw for 5000 yards threads. Really miss the "how big are your cans?"

• Like 2

for the record, there is a thread saying Rothlisberger will throw for 6000 yards. sounds very similar to your Tommy Maddox thread.

It was loads of fun in the geek club to watch Call Me...Tim and torridjoe argue about hanging chads for hundreds of posts at a time.

• Like 1

Nevah bench Stephen Davis!!!

:wave:

I miss GFIAFP...um, no...wait, he's still here as some lame ass psuedonym...and i still don't miss him.

• Like 1

I don't miss the bickering, but I do miss the serious football knowledge that they (and many others who no longer post) would drop. Back then the info they had from camps and local radio shows was legit and useful.

• Like 1

Ah, you are just being sentimental......nothing has really changed that much except for some of the names.

Ah, you are just being sentimental......nothing has really changed that much except for some of the names.

There is definitely less Flaming posts. I've seen some really good fights on here.

while funny, they often got to a point where I'd get upset myself. it wasnt all good.

MCPENNINGTON!!! :mad:

Classic................

Good to see you're still alive....................

sounds like you need to take it to the geek bored, but yeah, dem were the good ol' dayz.

You guys are talking about back in the days when FFToday t-shirts actually existed.

Just like the dinosaurs, evolution happens.

• Like 1

I'll play!!! :)

The endearing, yet desperate fantasy question, "Is (enter player's name) for real????" :rolleyes:

I particularly enjoyed "Any Jacksonville peeps have any news on Fred Taylor??" :ninja:

And the Help forum has drastically changed to a room full of whiny, impatient, selfish, lazy boobs.

"Answer my question and I'll answer yours.."

"Help me pick a defense". NO. <_<

And the always famous "Post a link".. It was never like that - the help bored used to kick arse and was fun.

Firstly, answer my question if you have some insight or feel that you do.. you'll answer mine if I answer yours??? If you can't help yourself, why in the hell would you think you could help me? :lol:

And post a link??? Here's a thought - browse around you lazy fock.. If you can offer some insight, have at it. I'll be damned if I'm gonna drop in in your lap. Why the obligation?! Well, I answered his, so I better get a response.

Alas, I probably need some more coffee.. been a terrible morning.

Classic................

Good to see you're still alive....................

Thanks E. Just in lurker mode now as life changes have me doing FF much more casual.

Good to catch you on here.

for the record, there is a thread saying Rothlisberger will throw for 6000 yards. sounds very similar to your Tommy Maddox thread.

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.
first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:
maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.
zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.
bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.
ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds
and a handful of rushing yds)
burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds
randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds
rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds
rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.
this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

Thanks E. Just in lurker mode now as life changes have me doing FF much more casual.

Good to catch you on here.

I get it. I still play 3-4 leagues a year, but barely post anymore. My post count has probably gone up by 100 in the last 7-8 years................

Good seeing you on the site. Hope all is good and you can enjoy your boys making changes in the right direction................

• Like 1

heh, heh... it's kinda funny when you look back... you know, like this link here from 2007:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070914172628/http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=8&prune_day=15&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=100

where donnie the packer-pucker was predicting the demise of Tom Brady and the Patriots"

Topic: Brady drop-off

:overhead:

461 users on the forum that day... glory-days...

Did sweetness ever talk football?

Other than being complete blind homer for the Bears?

He still posts at FBG some and is the same as always.

Every draft he talks up...and 3 games into the season he disappears.

Swamp was ok for a while...you could count on him disappearing by December most years.

Not sure he ever came back after being suspend during a Packers/Lions Thanksgiving game.

I got a few days off for that one as I egged him on until he cracked and went nuts with cursing several people out.

Walter was great...the old Packers/Bears threads with he and donhaas were great.

While full of trash talk...there was actual football talk in those.

• Like 1

I wasn't here for those days but what if the old guard was still around and Frank Gore was still around in SF to RBBC with Reggie Bush.

The flaming Bush vs Gore threads that might arise as a result sounds like it would be like turning the clock back to the election year of 2000.

heh, heh... it's kinda funny when you look back... you know, like this link here from 2007:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070914172628/http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=8&prune_day=15&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=100

where donnie the packer-pucker was predicting the demise of Tom Brady and the Patriots"

Topic: Brady drop-off

:overhead:

461 users on the forum that day... glory-days...

:first:

:first:

:thumbsup:

I can't find the link from 2003 when donnie thought Favre was a great, gun-slinging QB and Brady was "just another system QB"... but it's there somewhere!

btw - donnie is one of the Packer greats arounf here but with all due respect he and Desmond Howard can go fock themselves.

:thumbsup:

I can't find the link from 2003 when donnie thought Favre was a great, gun-slinging QB and Brady was "just another system QB"... but it's there somewhere!

btw - donnie is one of the Packer greats arounf here but with all due respect he and Desmond Howard can go fock themselves.

The best part of the old days was way back when and we did our best pro wrestling angle.

We all from FFToday "invaded" football guys and wrecked havoc NWO style.

Some of us are still banned.

I liked it when someone would create a alias just to argue with themselves.

Agreed