Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

CNN crying racism because Lamar Jackson was asked to test at combine as a receiver

Gawwwwd dammmmm.....the libs were twist annnnnnything they can. I would think even the libs would get sick of it. But nope...they all nod their heads and begin crying foul also.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766425-ditch-the-racially-coded-language-lamar-jackson-is-no-ones-wide-receiver?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Also.....hmmm...sooooo...CNN is basically saying receiver is a black mans job. Gosh. I wonder who the racist really is.

• Haha 1

Gawwwwd dammmmm.....the libs were twist annnnnnything they can. I would think even the libs would get sick of it. But nope...they all nod their heads and begin crying foul also.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766425-ditch-the-racially-coded-language-lamar-jackson-is-no-ones-wide-receiver?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

We all know the QB needs to be smart.

I honestly think some of these freak QBs should try harder to become receivers. They usually lack the accuracy a qb needs. Well that and most NFL teams refuse to run a spread style offense. Except the Texans last year. Maybe more teams should get on board...

He should stay at QB imo... I'm not a scout but he has a cannon for an arm:

I thought it was a pretty fair article.

You think Bill Polian is racist?

Pundits look at skill set. Eric Crouch and Tim Tebow were both fantastic QBs. Scouts wanted them to switch positions too.

You know what scouts and coaches and sports GMs job is? Win games. Theyd put a Alien at QB if they thought itd win them games.

Not everything HAS to be racial. Its annoying. At this point Im assuming articles like this are just click bait.

I like him at QB and wouldn't mind if the Cards took a chance at him at 15. Then again Kiper's mock has the Cards getting WR Calvin Ridley, which wouldn't suck. That all being said, from the Bleacher Report article:

With 69 touchdown passes and 27 interceptions on 1,086 attempts in college, Jackson proved he's capable of making good decisions and can make every throw needed to succeed in the NFL.

What?! How do you draw that conclusion?

The two-time ACC Player of the Year, voted by the conference's coaches and media, carried the Cardinals with his ability to make a special play at any moment, whether that's throwing a dime to win a 2016 game against Virginia or
Florida State defenders with his legs.

Who cares? No offense to FSU but they aren't the NFL.

The argument for Jackson at wide receiver starts with his athleticism and slender build, listed at 6'3" and 200 pounds, then continues with his mediocre throwing accuracy. Jackson completed just 57 percent of his passes during his three seasons with the Cardinals and never surpassed 60 percent in a given year.

Nothing to bold here. The quote speaks for itself. Again I'm cautiously optomistic but yeesh, this isn't glowing. :unsure:

Don't want a running QB- see Wentz

Do want a QB who can move in the pocket.

IMO, he's a bust at QB in the NFL. The only way he succeeds is the team who drafts him will not try to make him a pocket passer. They'll need to use his legs with many designed plays and give him a green light to run when the pocket starts collapsing. His throwing accuracy is statistically poor. He'll be throwing at professional defenses that'll pick 6 him to death.

I haven't seen enough of him as a passer to know whether he can make the jump. It appears many NFL people have and they see him as a project. A 200lb running QB is not a recipe for long term success.

I haven't seen enough of him as a passer to know whether he can make the jump. It appears many NFL people have and they see him as a project. A 200lb running QB is not a recipe for long term success.

Obviously all those "NFL people" are racist. That's the ONLY explanation for any of this. Don't try applying any semblance of logic or critical thinking in this day and age.

Why is there no outrage over colleges converting HS QBs to WR? It happens a lot and no says a word!

Why is there no outrage over colleges converting HS QBs to WR? It happens a lot and no says a word!

Because very few give a darn about HS QBs when they come to college and its not nearly the same thing?

Because very few give a darn about HS QBs when they come to college and its not nearly the same thing?

Not believing a QB can succeed as a QB at the next level isn't the same thing?

IMO, he's a bust at QB in the NFL. The only way he succeeds is the team who drafts him will not try to make him a pocket passer. They'll need to use his legs with many designed plays and give him a green light to run when the pocket starts collapsing. His throwing accuracy is statistically poor. He'll be throwing at professional defenses that'll pick 6 him to death.

When I think of a pick 6 qb - I think Geno Smith

Geno Smith 6'3" 218lbs

Lamar Jackson 6'3" 211 lbs

Geno College: 67.4 Completion%

Lamar College: 57.0 Comp %

Geno College: 11,622 yards Passing

Lamar College: 9,042 yards Passing

Geno College: 98TD 21Int

Lamar College: 69TD 27Int

Start practicing as a wideout homey!

Im saying there is less outrage because less people care about HS players going into college than college coming into pro.

Im saying there is less outrage because less people care about HS players going into college than college coming into pro.

Why the outrage?

For fantasy, grab this guy, cash in on NFL defenses forgetting how to stop a QB that drops back and runs. It usually takes them 6 games before they say, 'hey, this guy does the same thing every time. Let's use the LB to spy on the QB'. Rake in lots of TDs inside the 10. With this guys moves, even bigger, longer TDs are possible. He will steal them from the RB on whatever team he lands on. WRs & TEs also will be useless inside the 10. But this guy is fantasy gold for the 1st few weeks.

Then dump him on the worst run FF owner in you league for 2 1st round picks before he either flames out or loses a knee.

Some FF owner is going to hate this guy for stealing his RB's TDs. RBs in danger are McCoy & David Johnson.

I'm considering grabbling him early in the 2nd round, doing the above while also grabbing Mayfield if possible as my long term backup to Carson Wentz.

Because colleges are doing them a favor, and I think everyone knows it.

We all know success in college means nothing at the QB position. No matter the color. White guys generally don't have the athletic ability to fall back on another position. If he wants to throw all his eggs in the QB basket, so be it. A team would be foolish to draft him before the 3rd round.

The racist card on this one is getting puke worthy. Was just talking about this the other day.

Bridgewaters % in louisville offense. 65 68 71. Lamar jackson's in same system 55 56 59.

Bridgewater was talked about as a top 3 pick going into his last year. He went in the 2nd. Why did we not hear anything about racism there?

On 3/29/2018 at 1:38 PM, Vikings4ever said:

think again.

2 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Jerry is the only winner. I think everyone else loses the thread badly. 

Until next year. 

Evaluating players is really hard. 

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I think Brady dropping in the draft so far was racist. 

Right.....lets play the game by the inane rules being set, yes?  ANYONE not drafted #1 overall is a result of racism, right?

15 hours ago, RLLD said:

Right.....lets play the game by the inane rules being set, yes?  ANYONE not drafted #1 overall is a result of racism, right?

The draft hates non-binary. And why the hell don't we have any transsexual head coaches in the league?! For God's sake, the NFL needs a Jenner rule.  

On 12/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, cbfalcon said:

Jerry is the only winner. I think everyone else loses the thread badly. 

Jury is still out. If he wins a SB, jury is in. If he is effective beyond his rookie contract, jury is in. Look at Mahomes, great career so far, but the jury is clearly still deliberating.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, KSB2424 said:

You think Bill Polian is racist?

Pundits look at skill set. Eric Crouch and Tim Tebow were both fantastic QBs. Scouts wanted them to switch positions too.

You know what scouts and coaches and sports GMs job is? Win games. Theyd put a Alien at QB if they thought itd win them games.

Not everything HAS to be racial. Its annoying. At this point Im assuming articles like this are just click bait.

I don’t think the article was saying Polian was racist. It was saying NFL scouts sometimes have a racial bias when they evaluate QBs and are faster to assume a black QB is out of position because of it. 

I don’t think that’s a crazy idea but it sure set off the white grievance GC crowd.

43 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t think the article was saying Polian was racist. It was saying NFL scouts sometimes have a racial bias when they evaluate QBs and are faster to assume a black QB is out of position because of it. 

I don’t think that’s a crazy idea but it sure set off the white grievance GC crowd.

We are obviously at peak culture war in the country right now (at least I hope). The racism thread in said culture war leads to one side crying racism too often, and the other side recognizing racism too seldomly.

And of course, each side lacks self awareness..So they only see the mistakes made by the other side, and they emotionally react by going even further in their respective direction. So we act dumber and dumber, and the chasm widens. 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

We are obviously at peak culture war in the country right now (at least I hope). The racism thread in said culture war leads to one side crying racism too often, and the other side recognizing racism too seldomly.

And of course, each side lacks self awareness..So they only see the mistakes made by the other side, and they emotionally react by going even further in their respective direction. So we act dumber and dumber, and the chasm widens. 

Nope, going to get worse until we stop letting in stupid third worlders 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Maybe.  Of course, this thread wouldn't exist if the black grievance crowd hadn't been crying - once again - over another supposed racist boogeyman around every corner.