Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

15 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

My hospitals never once were overan with covid patients.  Can you explain this? Not once the that are within 30 miles were ever in danger of being overbooked.  Please explain to me how this can happen in 1.5 years of covid.  

Some areas were hit harder than others, and some areas have more beds than others.    The restrictions last year probably helped not overwhelm most hospitals (but of course they hurt other things).   But there were certainly cases of hospitals being overwhelmed by covid, both last year (Iowa for example) and this year (Arkansas for example)

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

But he has that one video with like 10 cars in it.

LOL it was may more than 10

15 hours ago, lod001 said:

The level of retardation in the posts in that tweet is off the charts with morons who have no clue. The idiots do not even realize that many of those people were jabbed and it failed.

So all these people are ill and are getting an experimental treatment, not covered by insurance because FoxNews told them not to get an FDA approves vaccination?  🤣 The jab is experimental. NOT FDA Approved. FACT. Look it up. Read Dr. Malone an others who read over the bait & switch 'FDA approval'.

This is really sad, how many of these people could have avoided being infected if they got vaccinated and wore a mask, I guess common sense is not that common.

Vaccination would have been a safer, more effective and fiscally responsible solution, but the Governor’s got to support the financial interests of his major donors.

These people should not be driving themselves ...sick. someone needs to check that those folks don't die sitting in their cars.......???

If they had been in line for a vaccine they wouldn’t be doing this now. But enriching the governors donors is important.

Who pays for this treatment? And, don't you first have to be critically ill to receive it?

https://www.wjhg.com/2021/08/31/nurse-describes-experience-after-receiving-monoclonal-antibody-treatment/

The EUA was extended for 12-15, but It's fully approved for 16+.  Although yes technically they do still have liability protection - https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/scicheck-researcher-distorts-facts-on-covid-19-vaccine-approval-liability/ - there is still a claims process but only 686 total claims (not just deaths) have been filed so far.

I don't really have anything against the monoclonal antibody thing.  It seems like it probably does work and I like that DeSantis is making it more available, I was honestly just curious how easy it was to get it.  But DeSantis should be pushing the vaccine too.    

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I believe you.  Women are particularly vulnerable to this high pressure nonsense. 

Married geeks:  raise your hand if you've EVER  let your wife get her way just to get her to shut up about something. 

:wave:

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I believe you.  Women are particularly vulnerable to this high pressure nonsense. 

Whatever. 🖕

Maybe the women in your life are a bunch of mice, but not all of us. Fockstick. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Whatever. 🖕

Is that you mom? 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Some areas were hit harder than others, and some areas have more beds than others.    The restrictions last year probably helped not overwhelm most hospitals (but of course they hurt other things).   But there were certainly cases of hospitals being overwhelmed by covid, both last year (Iowa for example) and this year (Arkansas    

Point was, maybe this testing site is busy.   Maybe many others are not.

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Point was, maybe this testing site is busy.   Maybe many others are not.

OK I agree, that's basically what I was wondering.

51 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Whatever. 🖕

Maybe, but parenting is a joint effort.  It's a move to blame your spouse.  They should have discussed it and come up with a consensus, and he should be willing to take ownership of that joint decision.  This is especially true when it comes to significant medical decisions such as a vaccine that will permanently alter the immune system, hopefully for the better, but has only been out for 9 months. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Maybe, but parenting is a joint effort.  It's a move to blame your spouse.  They should have discussed it and come up with a consensus, and he should be willing to take ownership of that joint decision.  This is especially true when it comes to significant medical decisions such as a vaccine that will permanently alter the immune system, hopefully for the better, but has only been out for 9 months. 

Of course. 

My husband and I talked about this a LOT with our kids (19 and 15). He and I even reluctantly got vaccinated and we put it off for our kids as long was we could...but now they are both at the point where it's pretty much an unspoken requirement. If my 19 year old wants ot go to college - must vaccinate. If my 15 year old wants to play sports - must vaccinate. 

If they weren't "required" then we wouldn't have done it. I was leaning more towards the kids getting vaccinated because I knew the requirement was coming. Hubs was more against it. I wouldn't say that my emotions (as a female) or the pressure around me was my driving factor, though. It was more about the science and safety; not because some other mom told me to, or I felt that I needed to be "good to my fellow man" and help them out. 

But to paint ALL women as being more vulnerable is kind of ridiculous. Not all of us follow that path. 

Of course. 

My husband and I talked about this a LOT with our kids (19 and 15). He and I even reluctantly got vaccinated and we put it off for our kids as long was we could...but now they are both at the point where it's pretty much an unspoken requirement. If my 19 year old wants ot go to college - must vaccinate. If my 15 year old wants to play sports - must vaccinate. 

If they weren't "required" then we wouldn't have done it. I was leaning more towards the kids getting vaccinated because I knew the requirement was coming. Hubs was more against it. I wouldn't say that my emotions (as a female) or the pressure around me was my driving factor, though. It was more about the science and safety; not because some other mom told me to, or I felt that I needed to be "good to my fellow man" and help them out. 

But to paint ALL women as being more vulnerable is kind of ridiculous. Not all of us follow that path. 

Absolutely.  Hawkeye just sounds whipped when he says the wife wanted it so he did it.  I've read your posts enough to know that you parent the right way, and I assume Lurch does as well even though he doesn't post here. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Married geeks:  raise your hand if you've EVER  let your wife get her way just to get her to shut up about something. 

:wave:

While I don't mind arguing on here, I hate arguing in person.  I don't care for confrontation.  I let my wife be right the majority of the time but I also admit that I'm probably wrong anyway.  It's not worth arguing about.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

Absolutely.  Hawkeye just sounds whipped when he says the wife wanted it so he did it.  I've read your posts enough to know that you parent the right way, and I assume Lurch does as well even though he doesn't post here. 

If it was only my decision then he would not have gotten the vaccine, unless he told me he wanted to.  I am not 100% against the vaccine, I'm just not in a hurry to get it myself.  She told me she was going to get him an appointment to get the vaccine and I said that it was fine.  There was never any kind of major discussion or argument.

creepy joey is really handling all of this stuff well. 

FDA resignations over White House booster shot guidance a 'mess for administration'

Reports that Food and Drug Administration officials plan to step down over the White House’s COVID-19 booster shot guidance have created a "mess" for the Biden administration, according to Dr. Mark Siegel. 

In a statement on Tuesday, the FDA said that Marion Gruber, director of the agency’s Office of Vaccines Research and Review, and her deputy director, Phil Krause, will leave in October and November, respectively.  

Siegel told "America’s Newsroom" that the seeming clash between the FDA and the White House has created "a mess for the administration." 

"There’s a lot of confusion, there’s a lot of finger pointing … this is a mess for the administration right now," Siegel said. 

Siegel acknowledged that studies out of Israel indicate a significant reduction to the spread of the virus, but that the "confusion" between the White House and health officials have complicated matters. 

"It’s a combination of things where the messaging is coming out of the White House and not of the FDA, and also out of the NIH with Tony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins has said, ‘Hey, we might have the vaccines for the 5 to 11 year olds in a couple of months’ … well, FDA hasn’t reviewed the data yet," Siegel explained. "And with the boosters, the president himself said, ‘We’re going to get boosters in a month,’ and the FDA says, ‘Wait, we haven’t reviewed the data yet.’"

Siegel claimed that acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock is also under fire, especially with her position not yet fully confirmed. 

Earlier this month, President Biden said the plan was for every adult to get a booster shot eight months after getting the second shot. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/fda-resignations-white-house-booster-guidance-mess

Fock the useless jabs. https://www.science.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta

All the jabs can do is temp prevent you from getting what you are going to eventually get and that is exposure. Israel with 1/2 the population of FL and 78% double jabbed is exploring in cases. More cases per million than FL. At best the jab can lower the symptoms. AT BEST. Now what the original sales pitch was AT ALL. It changed as the failures mounted.

israel covid cases

FL covid cases

FL is heading down in cases as was predicted. Israel is ramping up infections no matter how much they jab. The best move has always been let everyone get it, treat it and if ya die.... well, bye. Shoulda kept your body healthy.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Whatever. 🖕

Definitely. I know quite a few women that are saying fock that jab sh1t. While I know a bunch of guys who have totally caved... ..getting the crapola even AFTER already having covid. 

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If it was only my decision then he would not have gotten the vaccine, unless he told me he wanted to.  I am not 100% against the vaccine, I'm just not in a hurry to get it myself.  She told me she was going to get him an appointment to get the vaccine and I said that it was fine.  There was never any kind of major discussion or argument.

So not only do you disagree with her, but you have no idea why she decided to do it?  That's more than just conflict avoidance.

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So not only do you disagree with her, but you have no idea why she decided to do it?  That's more than just conflict avoidance.

Of course I know why she did it.  She thinks it's beneficial for him.  I don't necessarily agree that it is but I'm not 100% against it.  I let her make the decision. 

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

While I don't mind arguing on here, I hate arguing in person.  I don't care for confrontation.  I let my wife be right the majority of the time but I also admit that I'm probably wrong anyway.  It's not worth arguing about.

This is true of all the liberals in know.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

This is true of all the liberals in know.

I'd rather be happy than be loyal to any political belief. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course I know why she did it.  She thinks it's beneficial for him.   

Well yeah, but with such a minute risk associated with 12 year olds, why she thinks it's beneficial is kinda important. I'm assuming no comorbidities, so statistically speaking she's protecting him from the sniffles. I've said my piece, I'm not gonna continue on such a personal matter with your family. :cheers:

Letting someone be right kind of does s disservice to everyone and the relationship, IMO. 

I am not the type that HAS TO be right. If i am wrong, my hubs calls me on my shiiite and we talk it out. 

We've had several disagreements in the last 22 years, and both of us have the ability to say, 'I was wrong.' and then move forward. If I knew he "let me be right" I'd kind of feel like something was off. 

Thats just me tho. If it works for you Hawkeye, that's all that matters. :)

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Well yeah, but with such a minute risk associated with 12 year olds, why she thinks it's beneficial is kinda important. I'm assuming no comorbidities, so statistically speaking she's protecting him from the sniffles. I've said my piece, I'm not gonna continue on such a personal matter with your family. :cheers:

It wasn't an argument I wanted to have with her, so I didn't.

• Thanks 1

Letting someone be right kind of does s disservice to everyone and the relationship, IMO. 

I am not the type that HAS TO be right. If i am wrong, my hubs calls me on my shiiite and we talk it out. 

We've had several disagreements in the last 22 years, and both of us have the ability to say, 'I was wrong.' and then move forward. If I knew he "let me be right" I'd kind of feel like something was off. 

Thats just me tho. If it works for you Hawkeye, that's all that matters. :)

When I know I'm absolutely right I will not give in but I know that I am wrong a lot.  I'm a forgetful, daydreamer and know that I mistake things often.  It's a common trait for the men in my family.  I think the problem a lot of relationship have is when both are too stubborn to ever admit they are wrong.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

When I know I'm absolutely right I will not give in but I know that I am wrong a lot.  I'm a forgetful, daydreamer and know that I mistake things often.  It's a common trait for the men in my family.  I think the problem a lot of relationship have is when both are too stubborn to ever admit they are wrong.

And another piece of the puzzle falls into place.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Baker Boy said:

And another piece of the puzzle falls into place.

You must really think you're on to something here.

Can ANYONE point to me that one time in history where the side that was demanding censorship, segregation, propaganda, radical education, papers to move freely in society, and sending government agents door to door demanding compliance were actually the good guys? 

• Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It wasn't an argument I wanted to have with her, so I didn't.

That's the cuckiest of cucky answers. But you do you. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

That's the cuckiest of cucky answers. But you do you. 

Cool.  I've noticed a lot of the people who post here are also divorced.  Some multiple times.  The opinions from people here on my marriage really are not important to me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Prince harry called out vax disinformation today.  That will help.  Yup.  

The disinformation claiming its 95% effective?

The part where all you need is the double jab & your good to go?

The part wear if you get the jab, you are safe and don't need a mask?

Got home from work and my son was sleeping. Very rare for him during the afternoon. Checked his temp and it was 103.9.  Still not sure how this vaccine is so beneficial. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Got home from work and my son was sleeping. Very rare for him during the afternoon. Checked his temp and it was 103.9.  Still not sure how this vaccine is so beneficial. 

But you didn't have to argue with your wife , so it's a win. Sleep well sweet prince 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

But you didn't have to argue with your wife , so it's a win. Sleep well sweet prince 

You trying trying to make a point or just being a tool?

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You trying trying to make a point or just being a tool?

I thought my point was pretty clear, no? You decided to not have a voice in your kids health to avoid an argument with your wife? Focking pathetic. I truly hope your son comes through from whatever is going on. 

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's a very high fever.  Might want to call the doctor asap.

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

That's a very high fever.  Might want to call the doctor asap.

He took Tylenol and it went back down. My wife had similar symptoms after her second shot. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I sincerely hope your son feels better ASAP. That said, holy hell do you sound like a focking pansy. You should both be able to say your piece without it becoming an argument. There needs to be mutual respect...It’s not about being right or wrong. Hope you can get to that point someday.

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I hope your son pulls through healthy.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I sincerely hope your son feels better ASAP. That said, holy hell do you sound like a focking pansy. You should both be able to say your piece without it becoming an argument. There needs to be mutual respect...It’s not about being right or wrong.

You misunderstand my relationship with my wife if that’s what you think. I do not have a hardened stance on others getting the vaccine. My wife and son have not had COVID and they are both in school. I am not 100% against him getting the shot but I didn’t think he needed it. She thought he needed it so that was the decision. If I thought it was absolutely wrong then I would have spoke up. All I know is that I’ve already had Covid and I don’t plan on getting the vaccine as of now. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

We don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I hope your son pulls through healthy.

I appreciate that. He feels back to normal when taking Tylenol or Advil then his fever spikes when it wears off. I’m not too concerned because it’s similar to the symptoms my wife had. I’m guessing he’ll be back to normal by tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He took Tylenol and it went back down. My wife had similar symptoms after her second shot. 

That’s REALLY high and usually anything over 103 degrees we advise to take them to the hospital. A fever of 104 or greater can cause brain damage. Especially in underdeveloped brains such as a child’s. It’s ultimately up to you and your wife but that’s my suggestion. I don’t ever want anyone’s kid to suffer. Praying your son recovers and is ok man