5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Redskins Rookie RB Brian Robinson shot multiple times during carjacking attempt. He’s ok. Move Antonio Gibson back up your boards. 

shitty

I think the Patriots might get off to a slow start.  I don’t think BB will be in trouble. It took the Yankees 7 years or so to fire Torre after his last world series win. At a certain point winning coaches become the franchise. 

On 8/25/2022 at 9:45 PM, Cruzer said:

Cowboys lose Tyron Smith for (practically) the whole year - what's new? :rolleyes:

Smith hasn't played a whole season in like 7 years. When he has played, has been nothing special... But no worries, we have $20m tied up in a slow, inexplosive RB - who Jerry himself said (today) this team lives and dies with him. :doh:

You always tell the truth, and it always hurts. I have seen projections that have them loosing 3 of the first 5 games, with the Cincinnati game as a win for the Cowboys. I think Cincy will win. 

8 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

You always tell the truth, and it always hurts. I have seen projections that have them loosing 3 of the first 5 games, with the Cincinnati game as a win for the Cowboys. I think Cincy will win. 

If they can't beat NYG and WAS then they don't deserve the division.  Both teams are a hot mess.  Win any one of TB, CIN or RAM and they are 3-2 with PHI, DET and CHI before going into the BYE. That' pretty good for the first half of the season.

That being said, I can't imagine an easier schedule than PHI has.  They only play 5 or 6 teams that finished above 500 last year.  What the hell?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Horseman said:

If they can't beat NYG and WAS then they don't deserve the division.  Both teams are a hot mess.  Win any one of TB, CIN or RAM and they are 3-2 with PHI, DET and CHI before going into the BYE. That' pretty good for the first half of the season.

That being said, I can't imagine an easier schedule than PHI has.  They only play 5 or 6 teams that finished above 500 last year.  What the hell?

The NFC has a lot of the bad teams. 

7 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Every year I say I can't possibly get any more frustrated with this front office than I am now...............then I do. 

This OL is a total shiit show. To have gone into this season counting on Tyron is utterly irresponsible, if not moronic. Then you add the swing and misses of Connor Williams (2nd rounder), Conner McGovern (3rd rd) and Tylers Biadasz (4th rd) - and you have a unit taking on water faster than the Titanic. 

I hope our defense is nasty, bcoz this offense is going to be crap.... least early on. 

Chargers outlook 2022:

Brandon Staley prefers his defense to play pass-first, so he will drop 2 safeties etc.  He won't have enough defenders on the line to fill the gaps.  So the run defense will be hurting.  But with the Rams in 2020, he had guys like Aaron Donald and Sebastian Joseph-Day that could manhandle the OL and plug multiple gaps.  The 2020 Rams had an excellent defense as a result.  When he came to the Chargers as head coach in 2021, he installed the same defensive scheme but he didn't have the talent up front, so the run defense was non-existent and they missed the playoffs despite a lethal offense.

In 2022, the Chargers acquired TWO key players.  They traded with the Bears for Khalil Mack and signed the aforementioned Sebastian Joseph-Day away from the Rams.  They are very talented at controlling multiple gaps which, on paper, should completely fix the defense.  They also selected run stuffer Otito Ogbonnia in the draft 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs, of course

Lord willing I'm flying out Wednesday for Arizona,going to the game and staying with Katie and her husband from CP for a few days.

• Like 1

No one is talking Colts.  The OL and DL looked iffy in preseason, but if those issues aren’t real they could make a deep run.  Added a lot onD in the off-season and Ryan brings something at QB that they haven’t had since Peyton.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m also not buying the dolphins hype. 

I am. Mcdaniels was a great hire 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Giants beat Titans  tomorrow. Book it. 

I wish your team well. They were smart enough to ditch Garrett for a better coach. 

The Titans were a first seed in the play-off last year, while the Giants were a 3-and 14 team. I will pick the Titans. 

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m also not buying the dolphins hype. 

Me neither, but they still trounce the Judge/Patricia lead pathetic patriots

Honestly have no idea (or expectations) on what Dallas may do today. 

I suspect our offense will struggle, looking bad at times. Is also think the defense can give TB and that shaking lines all kinds of trouble….. If Dallas is the team they think they are, Brady or not - they need the start winning these games at home. 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

Me neither, but they still trounce the Judge/Patricia lead pathetic patriots

My easiest call of all time. 

Tua tried to give the game away 4 times, he was 0 - 4

23 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🤣

wide left

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

🤣

wide left

I quit on them about 6x today. But I’ll take it! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Honestly have no idea (or expectations) on what Dallas may do today. 

I suspect our offense will struggle, looking bad at times. Is also think the defense can give TB and that shaking lines all kinds of trouble….. If Dallas is the team they think they are, Brady or not - they need the start winning these games at home. 

Brady is (over)due for a loss.

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I quit on them about 6x today. But I’ll take it! 

When I saw your post yesterday I thought "what a BS Homer pick". Glad I didn't post that 😄. Props to you. 

8 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

When I saw your post yesterday I thought "what a BS Homer pick". Glad I didn't post that 😄. Props to you. 

I took the Giants today cause of that post but was not brave enough to do money line.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:45 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice call. 

21 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Nice call. 

Homer pick.  But I had a feeling, good camp, and I think Tennesse and their caveman offense has seen it’s better days. 

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

New QB, same Steelers. ☹️

The Steelers won the game.  Not good enough? or are you a Bengals fan?

10 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

The Steelers won the game.  Not good enough? or are you a Bengals fan?

Barely. They looked great in the 1st half and got walked all over in the 2nd. The Bengals should have won that game.

25 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

As most teams don't play starters in the Preseason now , it seems like week 1 is just chaos. Nothing makes sense.

The end of the early games were spectacular. So many close games and lead changes.

Dak out for multiple weeks to get surgery. Dallas’ offense looked terrible last night even with him.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Dak out for multiple weeks to get surgery. Dallas’ offense looked terrible last night even with him.

Predictable.  Line is bad/injured, Zeke is washed, little to no weapons.  Dak can't make others greater.

36 minutes ago, Chronic Fockster said:

Predictable.  Line is bad/injured, Zeke is washed, little to no weapons.  Dak can't make others greater.

The fans booed and threw trash at him.

Neither Dak nor Brady looked sharp.  Dallas either makes a trade for QB or their season is done. Philly offense good/defense bad. Giants turned a loss into a win. Skins turned a blowout into a lucky win.