fandandy

I guess the Fetterman Oz debate didn't go so well.

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah because the Senate is full of 99 other normal people.

🙄

Also, it is unsurprising people don't understand how auditory processing has really nothing to do with reading comprehension. 

Dumbest possible response, congratz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Dumbest possible response, congratz.

So no counter point, just an insult? Congrats.

I'd be mad too if I had nothing to add to the discussion. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

There is no discussing his nonsensical answer. That's the point. HTH

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

There is no discussing his nonsensical answer. That's the point. HTH

And I was speaking to the idea about the other 99 in the Senate. HTH

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

And I was speaking to the idea about the other 99 in the Senate. HTH

This thread is about this Fetterman. HTH

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

This thread is about this Fetterman. HTH

Yeah because every other thread doesn't talk about other things besides the topic. HTH

This is not partisan.   Fetterman is not healthy or able to do the job.  Dems should have replaced him on the ticket long ago.

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

This is not partisan.   Fetterman is not healthy or able to do the job.  Dems should have replaced him on the ticket long ago.

Of course, some folks are so miserable they enjoy arguing the obvious, no matter how stupid it makes them look.

This stroke issue is detracting form the fact that he’s a complete loser, a slob, and has horrible, horrible ideas. He let out convicted murderers while his state is in the midst of a violent crime wave.  And he wants to let out many more. And the other side says Oz is an “extremist”. Lol. Yeah, he’s a threat to democracy.  

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

I mean yeah they should've in hindsight- but for the longest time he was comfortably ahead of Oz in the polls. 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

There are 100 of these seats, this guy may get one. This has to stop...

Did he say "trillions of dollars added to the deficit?"  Is he red-pilling? :o 

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean yeah they should've in hindsight- but for the longest time he was comfortably ahead of Oz in the polls. 

They should have replaced him because he's not healthy and it would be best for the country, not because they thought he could beat Dr Oz.  HTH.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

They should have replaced him because he's not healthy and it would be best for the country, not because they thought he could beat Dr Oz.  HTH.

He is healthy. Again- his issue, by all measures, looks to be some auditory processing issues and not comprehension. Basically he can read something and vote on it but he can't necessarily articulate well how he got at that vote.

Furthermore, there have been people who have won elections after suffering a stroke, have run after suffering a stroke, and one dude ran and won who was dead. 

But again- if they had it to do over again I would assume they would vote for Conor Lamb who would be incredibly hard to paint as "extreme" and all that. But Fetterman was looked at as a great answer for Democrats both locally and nationally in how he appealed to people. 

Also, in PA they started running ads that are basically just making fun of Fetterman for his stroke. The Oz campaign is not running the ads as they come from a different Republican policy group but if I were the Oz camp I'd probably be like "Hey guys, stop running that." Not because it is mean, but because I could see it creating a sympathy vote for Fetterman. 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

In dealing with the liberals, all you have to do in any scenario like this is to think about how focking nut case they would be acting if it were Trump or DeSantis etc... in the same situation. 

They would be losing their minds.

I'm sure Mooney would be calling DeSantis or Trump super duper healthy if this was them. :rolleyes:

Does he comprehend that when you let murderers and other violent criminals out of prison that dime of them are going to do it again? Comprehension is his biggest problem, regardless of the stroke. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Does he comprehend that when you let murderers and other violent criminals out of prison that dime of them are going to do it again? Comprehension is his biggest problem, regardless of the stroke. 

You lack comprehension skills.

What's your excuse?

GOP would be running away with this election if they nominated a normal who lives in PA. It’s like they’re addicted to reality TV fraudsters and can’t help themselves.

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You lack comprehension skills.

What's your excuse?

Sigh. I thought you and I were getting along better. Carry on. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

GOP would be running away with this election if they nominated a normal who lives in PA. It’s like they’re addicted to reality TV fraudsters and can’t help themselves.

Dems would be running away with this election if they didn’t nominate a turnip

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Dems would be running away with this election if they didn’t nominate a turnip

Turnip > carpetbagger 

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

🤣🤣🤣

GTFO!

It's all relative.  Compared to Mooney he IS healthy.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Exactly. Vegetables like vegetables 

im sure you had a fit when hitlery represented NY

Considering that was 20 years ago and I didn’t live in NY, why would I give a chit?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Considering that was 20 years ago and I didn’t live in NY, why would I give a chit?

Because in his mind it has to be whataboutism. 

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Then he must be the incredible hulk...

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's what it looks like.  He should be in the same boat as Fetterman as being unfit.

I am familiar with the visual ticks of Parkinson's.  I am unfamiliar with the rate of cognitive decline, if any, for sufferers. He seemed quite cogent in that limited clip, quite able to verbalize his thoughts, just visually odd.  Oddity does not concern me.  If the mind is there and capable of communicating that seems the heart of the matter.  For instance I believe Stephen Hawkings was mostly all there even when he had physical and communication challenges.  I am uncertain if Mr. Fetterman is all there, though I suspect he mostly is ,though the "there" may be from a position of far lesser intellect than Hawkings but maybe on a par with others serving in the Senate, I can't say. If the cognitive decline of either of these gentlemen is medically likely I would prefer they not serve.  Cognitive decline happens for most of us through age or illness, and comes a time where it may be best if our support networks help us appreciate what we, ourselves, may not appreciate due to that very decline.

If i get a minute maybe I will look up Parkinsons

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you are pissed. That's rough. Go for a jog or something. 

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

point is, even if he lives there part time, or just has property there, you would rather the country continue to be destroyed by voting for a retard.  There is nothing wrong with not living in a state full time.  hell senators have nothing to do with the actual state they are from

I see Parkinsons does, during the later stages, often include dementia, possibly associated with lewy bodies as is not uncommon in other forms of dementia.  Given that I believe someone with Parkinsons, at any later stage, ought only to serve for short amouints of time, like in congress where they are up for re-election every two years rather than the senate where they are up every six years since there is clearly a time element in decline.  As to the particlar individual, I would need more information, just as i do before opining on Mr. Fetterman.  The problem, of course, is how forthcoming and honest they are in sharing their prognosises (Sp?)

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

awesome!  I came here to post this......

On 11/2/2022 at 7:46 AM, Sean Mooney said:

He is healthy. Again- his issue, by all measures, looks to be some auditory processing issues and not comprehension. Basically he can read something and vote on it but he can't necessarily articulate well how he got at that vote.

Furthermore, there have been people who have won elections after suffering a stroke, have run after suffering a stroke, and one dude ran and won who was dead. 

But again- if they had it to do over again I would assume they would vote for Conor Lamb who would be incredibly hard to paint as "extreme" and all that. But Fetterman was looked at as a great answer for Democrats both locally and nationally in how he appealed to people. 

Also, in PA they started running ads that are basically just making fun of Fetterman for his stroke. The Oz campaign is not running the ads as they come from a different Republican policy group but if I were the Oz camp I'd probably be like "Hey guys, stop running that." Not because it is mean, but because I could see it creating a sympathy vote for Fetterman. 

So, that's the job of a congressperson, sit in your office and read/sign legislation?  No going out and speaking with your constituents?  Debating in session?  Discussing with your peers to make sure bills are optimized for your people?  

Interesting, I learned something today, thanks.  ::cheers: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So, that's the job of a congressperson, sit in your office and read/sign legislation?  No going out and speaking with your constituents?  Debating in session?  Discussing with your peers to make sure bills are optimized for your people?  

Interesting, I learned something today, thanks.  ::cheers: 

There is very little floor debate in the Senate anymore.

I think reading and listening are the 2 biggest things Senators should be focused on.

Read the bills before you vote on them; make sure there isn’t stuff in there that will hurt constituents.

Listen to constituents so you know what they are concerned about.

A lot of Senators love the sound of their own voices. The quieter ones often are the ones really getting things done.

I don’t know how soon Fetterman will overcome his functional issues, but his mind itself seems to be fine.

But I do know that Oz is primarily a talker and a salesman, not a reader/listener. I don’t believe for one second that he cares about his constituents in New Jersey Pennsylvania.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2