fandandy

I guess the Fetterman Oz debate didn't go so well.

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Looks like Biden found his next VP.

Dumb & Dumber

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Here it is. Tough to watch but I don't feel sorry for him. He should've dropped out, but like all these people he just wants to be a Senator so bad.

• Haha 2

430228 Mehmet Oz (R) -230  
430227 John Fetterman (D)

+160

I wish I would have placed a bet last week. Things went downhill real quick for the retarded goatee. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:
430228 Mehmet Oz (R)   -230  

+160

I wish I would have placed a bet last week. Things went downhill real quick for the retarded goatee. 

Same, but I'd take Fetterman at those odds.  After last night, Philly needs to up its Fetterman support from 105% to 112% of the votes.  Challenging, but doable.  :thumbsup: 

I do find it weird that the democrats in Pennsylvania were so unworried about  the seat that they let this guy go on after a while. It’s not like PA is deep blue. Maybe they were confident for a reason? 

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Dumb & Dumber

That's already being used by Biden and Harris.

Maybe they go with the second movie of Dumb and Dumberer....

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Same, but I'd take Fetterman at those odds.  After last night, Philly needs to up its Fetterman support from 105% to 112% of the votes.  Challenging, but doable.  :thumbsup: 

Could have got Hershel Walker +150 last week too. He is now -140

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

True, that's light work for the left.

9 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

If PA votes in Fetterman they should forfeit their electoral college votes for the following 3 elections. 

Hard to argue.

You can survive a stroke and still be 100x more coherent than Herschel Walker.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You can survive a stroke and still be 100x more coherent than Herschel Walker.

Perhaps you “can”, but Fetterman ain’t the specimen you’re running out to test that theory. 

• Like 1

I watched something about Fetterman recently and how he has to have special computer programs developed to interpret things for him; he can't type or something like that. Or hearing words don't always work as well as reading them, due to how he processes information after his stroke. 

That said, he might just not be fit to be an elected official. I know that sounds terrible. My mom had a stroke last year and she can't really read anymore, just because her brain doesn't interpret words the same. 

I think asking someone to represent the people - they should be able to do that without my worrying about how he interprets something. Will he need someone to read everything to him and explain it? 

I don't know, and it sounds really unfair to say that he shouldn't even run. And he's not in my state, so I don't even have a vote here. But I guess I would just feel more comfortable voting for someone who has good cognitive abilities; and Fetterman just doesn't. Unfortunately, his opponent is a big tool bag as well. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I watched something about Fetterman recently and how he has to have special computer programs developed to interpret things for him; he can't type or something like that. Or hearing words don't always work as well as reading them, due to how he processes information after his stroke. 

That said, he might just not be fit to be an elected official. I know that sounds terrible. My mom had a stroke last year and she can't really read anymore, just because her brain doesn't interpret words the same. 

I think asking someone to represent the people - they should be able to do that without my worrying about how he interprets something. Will he need someone to read everything to him and explain it? 

I don't know, and it sounds really unfair to say that he shouldn't even run. And he's not in my state, so I don't even have a vote here. But I guess I would just feel more comfortable voting for someone who has good cognitive abilities; and Fetterman just doesn't. Unfortunately, his opponent is a big tool bag as well. 

Biden is our president. :dunno:

Liberals would vote in a coma patient if they have a D after their name.

• Like 1

I did not like him as a candidate anyway. Hate the baggy shorts, hooded sweatshirt and tattoos thing. Are you actually a slob? Shouldn’t be a US Senator then. And if it’s just pandering, well that’s taking it way too damn far. I know they don’t tend to be the brightest in PA but even they should be offended by that.

Then with the stroke, I’m conflicted. I think it’s appropriate he gets accommodation and I believe it’s reasonable to expect he will recover in time. But obviously some people were going to have an issue with it, and you can talk about disability rights and such, but there’s enough there to give cover and even to lend itself to some legitimate concerns on the part of voters. I do think he probably should’ve dropped out.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Could have got Hershel Walker +150 last week too. He is now -140

That would've been one heck of a parlay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Then with the stroke, I’m conflicted. I think it’s appropriate he gets accommodation and I believe it’s reasonable to expect he will recover in time. 

If the stroke caused damage to the actual brain matter, his recovery won't be back to "what he was." It really depends on what kind of stroke, where, and the type of rehab he did in the VERY early days after it happened. 

If he's having issues with cognition, reading, and comprehension; these likely won't change. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I do find it weird that the democrats in Pennsylvania were so unworried about  the seat that they let this guy go on after a while. It’s not like PA is deep blue. Maybe they were confident for a reason? 

I know I got 3 mail-in ballots for the PA election and a set of secret instructions on how to cast them.

17 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I know I got 3 mail-in ballots for the PA election and a set of secret instructions on how to cast them.

I usually send in my mail in ballot and hand Lou down at the polling station a $20.

He lets me vote as many times as I want. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I did not like him as a candidate anyway. Hate the baggy shorts, hooded sweatshirt and tattoos thing. Are you actually a slob? Shouldn’t be a US Senator then. And if it’s just pandering, well that’s taking it way too damn far. I know they don’t tend to be the brightest in PA but even they should be offended by that.

John Fetterman. The candidate for voters that just can't get enough Chet Hanks in their lives. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/view-rallies-around-fetterman-accuses-162841547.html

The hosts of The View kicked off Wednesday’s broadcast by circling the wagons around John Fetterman following Tuesday night’s “painful” Senate debate performance which saw the Pennsylvania Democrat noticeably struggling with auditory processing issues following his stroke.

Besides roundly defending the Senate hopeful’s uncomfortably conflicting statements on fracking, the panelists also accused GOP nominee Dr. Mehmet Oz of bullying his opponent throughout the debate.

“It was really strange to me that he chose to bully a stroke victim,” co-host Sunny Hostin declared at one point.

:lol:

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

I can't really say when the mail in voting jawn started, but I've never received a ballot in the mail. 

It probably doesn't help that I am a registered Independent, and live in a very conservative (borderline racist) section of the city, but I've never heard of any neighbor getting sent ballots either. Doesn't really matter. Everybody in the area just goes to vote in person. They might erase our votes, but at least we will theoretically make them work harder to do so. 

5 minutes ago, phillybear said:

John Fetterman. The candidate for voters that just can't get enough Chet Hanks in their lives. 

Didn’t know who that was, but looked him up and … Jesus, what went wrong? :o :( 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Didn’t know who that was, but looked him up and … Jesus, what went wrong? :o :( 

Another reason to hate Tom Hanks.

Chester Marlon Hanks. :lol:

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

It's hard to know if you're joking or not, when there is stuff like this going on:

CRISIS IN PENNSYLVANIA - 255,000 UNVERIFIED NEW VOTERS SENT BALLOTS - CANDIDATES BETTER CONTACT THEIR LAWYERS (thegatewaypundit.com)

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

How is any of that terrible or unfair? It’s common sense. 

5 hours ago, bostonlager said:
430228 Mehmet Oz (R)   -230  

+160

update

430228 Mehmet Oz (R) -275  
430227 John Fetterman (D) +185

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

How is any of that terrible or unfair? It’s common sense. 

Because it just sounds mean towards the disabled when I say it out loud. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

It’s called compassion and you don’t have to apologize for it :) 

6 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Do you want a mentally unstable person running a state, the country, your personal business, your stocks, your household, your children, etc? There are requirements to jobs. 

Except for parenting I guess. And I don't mean you. Just in general.

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Compassion my ass. If he were sitting on the couch where he should be, that's a different story. We don't need another brain dead person in office. Biden already has that role.

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Compassion my ass. If he were sitting on the couch where he should be, that's a different story. We don't need another brain dead person in office. Biden already has that role.

That’s a MAGA assh0le for you right there ☝️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Do you want a mentally unstable person running a state, the country, your personal business, your stocks, your household, your children, etc? There are requirements to jobs. 

Except for parenting I guess. And I don't mean you. Just in general.

No, I don't want that and I get that there are requirements for jobs. 

My mom had a stroke, so it's probably hitting a little close to home to see how he is and how he struggles. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s a MAGA assh0le for you right there ☝️

Call me all the names you want, that guy is not fit for office. 

MAGA

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

No, I don't want that and I get that there are requirements for jobs. 

My mom had a stroke, so it's probably hitting a little close to home to see how he is and how he struggles. 

I could see that. That's rough. 

24 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

How about those around him show him some compassion? You think the rigors of a campaign are good for his health? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about those around him show him some compassion? You think the rigors of a campaign are good for his health? 

What a stupid line. He still has free will and the ability to choose. Do you think the disabled forfeit that? :thumbsdown: