Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Chris Carson

How many of u guys are starting him rb2 or flex, standard? I have a hard time deciding if I'll start him against Tenn, lamar miller against the pats who I think will stack the box and dare watson to throw, or Jstew against the Saints, but u got McCaffrey there for time share. I'm leaning more on Carson just for volume of carries alone. What's everyone doing with Carson.

Stash and wait. It's okay if you miss his breakout game if you have other decent options. He got 90 yards against Niners at home. Aka I don't totally trust him yet.

I'd say prospects for all three of your choices look reasonable this week.

The TEN DEF is middle of the road vs RBs and the trend in usage that Carson has enjoyed vs the other SEA RBs isn't going to reverse overnight.

Playing against the NO DEF is like having a rising tide that lifts all offensive boats and Stewart has seen more touches than McCaffrey in both of the first 2 games.

The NE DEF has actually yielded the most points to RBs this year but, as you say, NE is not going to have the same fear of the HOU passing attack that they would of KC and especially NO. Even so, I'd lean towards starting Miller over Carson. If it's a PPR league, Miller has been more consistent and has outscored Carson both weeks. Carson has not out-touched Miller in either week. Miller has shown more productivity in the passing game than Carson and as this game gets out of hand like we'd expect, Miller might be catching some checkdown passes. And, again, Hunt had a monster game vs NE and Ingram had a serviceable game.

Lost DJ but still had Gillislee and Powell, so I thought I was OK. I have since added Carson and Mixon and plan to roll with them this week in good matchups over the other 2.

Powell will finally be the main man this week. This week on this site Carson is a high RB2!! CJ, Mc, last week I think Carson could be ahead of both this week.

I think Powell could have his best game so far this season this weekend.

If ever the stars were aligned for Carson to take this job and literally run with it, this is the week:

Playing Indy

Procise hurt

Playing at home

He has gradually been getting more and more touches

What's not to love?

• Like 1

If ever the stars were aligned for Carson to take this job and literally run with it, this is the week:

Playing Indy

Procise hurt

Playing at home

What's not to love?

Kiss of death...

Kiss of death is right. When the stars align like this in ff it basically means he'll fumble on his first two carries and Rawls goes off for 100+ and 2 TDs.

• Like 1

LeSean McCoy and Ty Montgomery are my starters (with David Johnson hurt) and I think I'm starting Carson in Flex2 spot. Other choices are Adam Thielen and Randall Cobb and DeSean Jackson and Tyler Lockett and Marqise Lee and Terrance West. deep bench

Kiss of death is right. When the stars align like this in ff it basically means he'll fumble on his first two carries and Rawls goes off for 100+ and 2 TDs.

I just dropped Rawls so it's a virtual certainty

Playing Indy

Procise hurt

Playing at home

What's not to love?

His offensive line!

Seems like a good kid, with some real talent.

Hopefully, he will come back strong.

Sherman speaks out against Fantasy Football.. again. I just think he's jealous he doesn't get the attention that the offensive players get. Drama queen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotnewhiphop.com/richard-sherman-speaks-out-against-fantasy-football-after-chris-carson-injury-news.37914.html%3F_amp

Per ESPN,

"I think a lot of people, a lot of fans out there have looked at players even less like people because of fantasy football and things like that," Sherman said. "You go and say, 'Oh man, this guy got hurt.'

"You're not thinking, 'Hey man, this guy got hurt -- he's really physically hurt and he's going to take time to recover and it's probably going to affect his mental state and his physical state and now he has a long, rigorous rehab.' You're thinking, 'Oh, man, he's messing up my fantasy team.'"

"I think that's why you see the frustration from a lot of players saying they don't care about your fantasy team," he said. "They don't care about how it affects your fantasy team because these are real players, this is real life. This is real life and this is their real job and that's affecting their well-being.

"Now, your fantasy team may not win, and hey, guess what, you'll live the next day. This is their well-being. They may not ever get another shot. They may never get another down, another play. And I think that's why it's so devastating for players. Thankfully, I don't think [Carson's injury is] as serious as we first thought, hopefully, God willing. Trying to be optimistic in this situation."

But he indicates Carson's injury may not be as serious. Hopefully good news for Carson and fantasy players..

Concerning Sherman speaking out against FF, I don't think any FF player would actually injure a real player if given the chance to win their FF game. And I also don't think the real players should care about anything but teamwork and helping the team to win.

But complaining about FF players not caring about players health is silly. It's been shown and proven that they try to hurt each other during every game. They even focus on other player's lingering injuries when hitting them. Many many ex players point this out all the time.

Sherman is very into Sherman. His ego drives remarks like this. Why would he think fans would care? It is much like Hollywood Actors sharing their political thoughts. Actors are there to be seen on the screen, not heard. Same goes for pro athletes.

But complaining about FF players not caring about players health is silly. It's been shown and proven that they try to hurt each other during every game. They even focus on other player's lingering injuries when hitting them. Many many ex players point this out all the time.

This is a good point.

I do think Sherman is right about there being a danger of dehumanizing people. Ancient gladiators are the extreme example, right? But even watching football is a less extreme example of that. How many people are more concerned about their favorite NFL team losing a game because a guy gets hurt than are actually concerned about the player? Tons.

So he's got a point that FF can serve as a way of piling on to the way most sports fans already view the players. But it's a bit disingenuous for him to thereby imply that the players are all of them super concerned when someone is injured. Maybe some are. But as you say, a lot aren't.

Is that Lao Tzu? Or Blade Runner? :D

It's a jgcrawfish original.

That's ok that Sherman doesn't like FF. I've always disliked him, so it's mutual.

As for Carson, uhg. FU to the Colts piling on. You know, it's kind of pathetic. A guy doesn't break his ankle by running, cutting, jumping, falling, or even getting tackled to the ground. He breaks it when 300 lb linemen jump on him when he's down.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks believe Chris Carson suffered a broken ankle Week 4 against the Colts.

Coach Pete Carroll said it is a fracture below the knee with a possible high-ankle sprain. Either way, Carson is likely out for the season, meaning both Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls need to be added in every format. Lacy seems like the better bet of the two, but Carroll seemed to hint Rawls will be the starter moving forward. -

Rotoworld