Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Guess when Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die

I am hoping sooner than later, but my official guess is August 3rd, 2019. (Happy Bday TB12)

:music_guitarred:

Remember the political satire movie "wag the dog"?

Someone should make a political comedy that is basically weekend at Bernie's, but with a dead scotus justice. That could be hilarious if done well. 

I sorta hope its after Trump is gone, the TDS that would arise from him putting another justice on the SC would be intolerable.....if I wanted that experience i would visit a daycare center or something...

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

2 months ago

I came in to say 3 months ago so... let's go with yours.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I sorta hope its after Trump is gone, the TDS that would arise from him putting another justice on the SC would be intolerable.....if I wanted that experience i would visit a daycare center or something...

6 years?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I honestly don't think she will make it to 2025...

What's the rule/policy for SC's?  I thought you had the spot until 1 of 3 things happened - 1) You resign  2) You die  3) Are no longer capable of serving.

Am I wrong?

Dec 14th, 2018

• Like 1

I think there are some left leaning doctors that will work with the government to keep her alive for as long as they like. Put her on a machine and pump air into her lungs and keep her soulless heart beating. She will live until the next democratic president.

• Like 1

Seriously though, when was the last time she was photographed in public?  That claim of attending some concert didn't have any evidence to back it up. 

I think she dives into a coffin right after Trump is re-elected President. She's just a bag of bones at this point and would problem welcome the change of scenery.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I think she dives into a coffin right after Trump is re-elected President. She's just a bag of bones at this point and would problem welcome the change of scenery.

A hideously ugly old b1tch too. That giant jew nose probably accounts for 50% of her body weight. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

She'll simply slowly disintegrate like the Red Lady in GoT. 

10 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Actually you just have to hope she makes it through 2019, because Republicans are of the belief he can’t put a justice in place during an election year. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Actually you just have to hope she makes it through 2019, because Republicans are of the belief he can’t put a justice in place during an election year. :thumbsup:

F@ck that.  That's only a general recommendation, not an actual rule.  ;)

No way would the GOP stop that from happening.

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

F@ck that.  That's only a general recommendation, not an actual rule.  ;)

No way would the GOP stop that from happening.

Hey, it’s the GOP’s stance, not mine. I find it illogical. But that’s what they believe and they are the ones in control of the Senate :dunno:

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Hey, it’s the GOP’s stance, not mine. I find it illogical. But that’s what they believe and they are the ones in control of the Senate :dunno:

Hah!  I get it.  It's actually the Democrat's stance as it's known as "The Biden Rule".  The GOP was just using it against the Democrats for Merrick Garland to show the Dems hypocrisy on the issue.

It's not something I - or any conservative - would expect the GOP to follow.  The Democrats hamstrung themselves when they floated this.

13 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Do yourself a favor and research the Biden rule.

Eternal beat me to it but, yea. Do some research.

Edited by Reality

It's an actual fact. She died years back from a stroke. This is an animatronic version of of rbg that the Jim Henson company built. It's not just running out of old parts 

14 minutes ago, Reality said:

Do yourself a favor and research the Biden rule.

I know it’s only been a couple of days since you last responded to one of my posts, so it’s definitely on me for somehow forgetting that it’s a complete waste of time to post in any threads when you are around. My bad. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I know it’s only been a couple of days since you last responded to one of my posts, so it’s definitely on me for somehow forgetting that it’s a complete waste of time to post in any threads when you are around. My bad. 

And yet you still do for some reason.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

You should be thanking me, you were ignorant on a subject and now you aren't.

:dunno:

You're welcome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

You should be thanking me, you were ignorant on a subject and now you aren't.

:dunno:

You're welcome.

That dude won't be able to retain or understand  the info. Comprehension is not on his/her/other list of skills in life.  

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hah!  I get it.  It's actually the Democrat's stance as it's known as "The Biden Rule".  The GOP was just using it against the Democrats for Merrick Garland to show the Dems hypocrisy on the issue.

It's not something I - or any conservative - would expect the GOP to follow.  The Democrats hamstrung themselves when they floated this.

I researched it. 13 justices have been appointed in election years. But Biden gave a speech against it 27 years ago, and while the situation he was speaking of didn’t occur, the GOP decided they needed to show that if history had been different, the Dems would have been hypocrites. 

Ok. Thanks for pointing me toward that lesson. 

I'd have to support the Dems on this one after what they pulled during Obama's last year. Biden may have thought of it, but they actually did it. 

15 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Remember the political satire movie "wag the dog"?

Someone should make a political comedy that is basically weekend at Bernie's, but with a dead scotus justice. That could be hilarious if done well. 

49721932_2268573083154105_7576890259439353856_n.jpg

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

November 29th, 2019

Haha! Imagine if it were November 29, 2020 and Trump has lost the election but he and Mitch McConnell ram through a replacement during the lame duck session. Hillarity.

• Like 1

You know, I understand that we're all partisan is all hell around here. But she really is a pretty amazing lady. The fact that she even went to law school at her time was pretty amazing. The fact that she carried double coursework because her husband was home sick with cancer is freaking amazing. can't you get set aside your partisanship long enough just to respect her for what she's done and accomplished? You don't have to agree with her decisions for Christ's sake.

if I have kids, especially a daughter, but sons too, I would want them to watch that movie on the basis of sex. It was really well done.

I mean, I didn't agree with Rambo playing kick the goat's head with the Taliban. But at least have the maturity to recognize it was a different time back then.

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'd have to support the Dems on this one after what they pulled during Obama's last year. Biden may have thought of it, but they actually did it. 

This is because it is very important for the safety and future of our country we have a conservative majority on the SC. We aren't going to last long as a nation if we let the f@gs, muslims, blacks, and women run rampant. 

Just to make sure we're not skipping over an important detail on the so called "Biden rule".  He said that because a Republican was in office.  Let's not pretend that he would have brought it up had a Democrat been in office at the time.  I mean, he didn't support that thought 3 years ago, did he?

Let's also not forget that the American people didn't want a Democrat appointee, because with the knowledge of the vacancy, a Republican candidate won the election.

In the event that Ginsburg dies and Trump appoints a right wing justice to replace her, I would fully expect the next democrat president would just add a 10th and 11th liberal justice as long as the democrats hold the Senate.

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You know, I understand that we're all partisan is all hell around here. But she really is a pretty amazing lady. The fact that she even went to law school at her time was pretty amazing. The fact that she carried double coursework because her husband was home sick with cancer is freaking amazing. can't you get set aside your partisanship long enough just to respect her for what she's done and accomplished? You don't have to agree with her decisions for Christ's sake.

if I have kids, especially a daughter, but sons too, I would want them to watch that movie on the basis of sex. It was really well done.

I mean, I didn't agree with Rambo playing kick the goat's head with the Taliban. But at least have the maturity to recognize it was a different time back then.

I'm glad that women can become lawyers but the world would be a far better place if this one had chosen to go into dentistry.