Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

I may get to testify before a congressional subcommittee in a couple weeks

Guess the topic

Before you begin testifying to Congress. Check the back of the room. 

See if someone flew your Brother in. 

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

If it's televised try to sneak in a Geek Club sign.

I think they're all pretty much on cspan.  If it comes to fruition, which in thinking it will, I'll give you all a heads up ;)

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Guess the topic

Rape survival methods in federal prison

Pelosi and Biden want to tear down the WW1 museum and monument in KC and replace them with a big black fist?

Feeding America's hungry.

Tips for making subs more delicious?  🤔

Try to weave the Door....knock...punch....face....wife....kids, story in as an analogy nobody will understand. Or refire the amy Mickelson/Jordan story 

Cdub was closest.  It's a FEMA hearing to discuss their response to coronavirus, what's worked well and what could be improved.  I guess.

Who wants to do a geek meat July 28 in dc? :banana:

You know I do when it comes to geeks posty.  And I know you're in the area :wub:

• Haha 1

Just now, cmh6476 said:

You know I do when it comes to geeks posty. 

:pointstosky:

I've done that... on a topic I was standing in for my 3x boss for and I had NO business at the table in that hearing.  Also... they were grandstanding @ssholes with damned near every question.

Good luck...

3 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I've done that... on a topic I was standing in for my 3x boss for and I had NO business at the table in that hearing.  Also... they were grandstanding @ssholes with damned near every question.

Good luck...

It's an election year too.  I was invited by the ranking member for the house committee (so Republicans) and it'll be interesting to see as I learn more info if the hearing is going to be real political, or if they are just looking for genuine feedback for FEMA to know what's working well and where they maybe could do better.

I'm all set; written testimony submitted and event is on the committee's website:

https://transportation.house.gov/committee-activity/hearings/experiences-of-vulnerable-populations-during-disaster

9 am Central Tuesday if anyone cares.  They changed their mind and I'm not doing it in person, but will be a virtual testimony.  I get 5 minutes to speak then they get to grill me.  Wish me luck.

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm all set; written testimony submitted and event is on the committee's website:

https://transportation.house.gov/committee-activity/hearings/experiences-of-vulnerable-populations-during-disaster

9 am Central Tuesday if anyone cares.  They changed their mind and I'm not doing it in person, but will be a virtual testimony.  I get 5 minutes to speak then they get to grill me.  Wish me luck.

Break a tooth!!!

• Haha 2

Who's watching?

At one point during the testimony stand up to adjust something and act like you forgot you're not wearing pants.  

you will never be like me, you are a failure

~stick