cmh6476

nzoner update (good news)

35 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1. I'm pretty sure his name is nzoner, lowercase n.  Let's get it right.

2. I agree, this the Geek Club, we need more ball bustin'.  Heart attack, Smart attack.  

3.  Who gets nzoners man cave and all the TV's.?  That's the real question.  Half off fireworks this year? :pointstosky:

4.  Also....also..... 🙏

I blame formatting settings :bench:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

When crackattack lost his leg in his car accident, we were goofing on him pretty good. “”Use the leg to make a lamp,” That sort of thing. It was pretty d@mn hilarious. He knew the deal and was in the thread laughing along with us and we’d cheered him up a lot. I’d love to give nzoner the same treatment but the focker unhelpfully gave us a heart attack to work with and there’s not a lot of hilarity to be found there. It’s heartbreaking.

We need more people around here losing body parts, none of this heart attack / cancer stuff.

Didn't he wreck trying to miss a focking deer. I think I pointed out that the deer was probably shot next deer season. :doh:

Also; nzoner has been a great guy here, and I, like everybody else is pulling for his speedy recovery. 

9 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Didn't he wreck trying to miss a focking deer. I think I pointed out that the deer was probably shot next deer season. :doh:

Also; nzoner has been a great guy here, and I, like everybody else is pulling for his speedy recovery. 

Could’ve been deer. I was thinking Moose. Either way I think it was swerving from hitting an animal. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Could’ve been deer. I was thinking Moose. Either way I think it was swerving from hitting an animal. 

Naa...Moose was bannored here for not posting links.  Swerve, on the other hand, I don't know about why he's not here anymore. Prolly a homosexual reason. 

10 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Naa...Moose was bannored here for not posting links.  Swerve, on the other hand, I don't know about why he's not here anymore. Prolly a homosexual reason. 

I was the #100 member to Moose's website. He gave me a tag of something like "Crappiest 100th member of a site EVAH." :banana:

2 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Moose was was bannered for acting like a member of FFTODAY staff. Think it was Thanksgiving 

6 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Moose was was bannered for acting like a member of FFTODAY staff. Think it was Thanksgiving 

I missed everything. I woke up one day and Moose was gone and all the threads deleted.

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

He started his own site after FFL Livewire or something close to that. I was a member there but think it only lasted a few years. He kinda mellowed out then and kept talking about more important things in life like he found the secret to it all.

8 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

This is true.  MKB4 was was wishing people Happy Thanksgiving from FFtoday and was barely heard from again.  

He went into the Void...not sure what happened. 

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is true.  MKB4 was was wishing people Happy Thanksgiving from FFtoday and was barely heard from again.  

He went into the Void...not sure what happened. 

Like I said he started his own fantasy football site not long after. Think Football Scotter was co owner with him. wasn't a bad site but didn't get the traffic like here.

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

1. I'm pretty sure his name is nzoner, lowercase n.  Let's get it right.

2. I agree, this the Geek Club, we need more ball bustin'.  Heart attack, Smart attack.  

3.  Who gets nzoners man cave and all the TV's.?  That's the real question.  Half off fireworks this year? :pointstosky:

4.  Also....also..... 🙏

His name was Robert Paulsen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

His name was Robert Paulsen!

I understand. In death, a member of Project Geek Club has a name. His name is Robert Paulson.

Edit: while looking up the exact quote I found the following definition on urban dictionary:

When you go to the video store and rent a wicked old VHS of Fight Club to watch with your hot girlfriend (must be brunette or it doesn't work as good) and you watch the movie and get kinky with her in the Robert Paulson scene.

After the film you do the nasty and halfway through you completely go limp, totally dead, you hold your breath for as long as you can until that thinks you're dead. Then and only then will she start to chant "His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson." Then you finish inside her like never before and you realise that there is no girlfriend and she is actually your hand. Fight Clubbed.

8 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

That was the original story. He eventually came clean and admitted that he was just drunk and wrecked IIRC. 

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

That was the original story. He eventually came clean and admitted that he was just drunk and wrecked IIRC. 

Yup

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I do remember that now that you say it. Thanks. 

On 4/26/2021 at 9:24 PM, Mike Isles said:

That might have been the final straw, but Moose used to piss off Mike by not linking anything FF related concerning his posts on the mange bored back in the day. 

5 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

That might have been the final straw, but Moose used to piss off Mike by not linking anything FF related concerning his posts on the mange bored back in the day. 

Me and Moose got into a few fights on the main board. We eventually got along and I always posted links.

Posted on Facebook by the Mrs. a few minutes ago:

Had to take Joe back to the hospital, pain woke him up I about 1:30, he took his nitroglycerin and his bp plummeted and he passed out, so I called the ambulance. They are keeping him for awhile to monitor him, trying to determine if it is his back or heart. Prayers please, he’s understandably anxious, so that complicates things! He appreciates the prayers and well wishes!!

• Sad 1

Having the same first name as Biden is literally killing him.  :(

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Posted on Facebook by the Mrs. a few minutes ago:

Had to take Joe back to the hospital, pain woke him up I about 1:30, he took his nitroglycerin and his bp plummeted and he passed out, so I called the ambulance. They are keeping him for awhile to monitor him, trying to determine if it is his back or heart. Prayers please, he’s understandably anxious, so that complicates things! He appreciates the prayers and well wishes!!

Damn.  Sorry.  

• Like 1

:( Daggone, this setback isn't welcome news. Hopefully things smooth out quickly.

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

:( Daggone, this setback isn't welcome news. Hopefully things smooth out quickly.

Agreed.  Good that he and his wife are being vigilant though, and erring on the side of getting help sooner vs. later.  :thumbsup:  

Good afternoon fellas,never ever have I been so happy to visit this place.

I'd like to answer each of you personally but going to keep it short and go back to resting up.

I was cautious about logging on the first place as I knew there would be some hilarity here and oh does it hurt to laugh as the EMT did a number on my chest when doing CPR but the laughs I got  were well worth it.I also got the shock paddles and was left a nice burn on my left side where apparently the paddle slipped but it's a great reminder that none of us get out of here alive.

For those wondering I'm 58 and was at one time a very heavy drinker and smoker and the doc made sure to point out that this was a major reason in my blockage but he was surprised that I had only one and the rest were either clear or close to it,but then again it only takes one right.

As for the day itself the short story version is I started the morning about 8:15 with a pot of coffee and the mrs(36C) and I were watching our home church services online when I started getting that uncomfortable feeling in my back that usually meant I had a thoracic episode coming.As usual I started doing some of physical therapy but it wasn't working.Anyhow don't know how much time passed but one of the last things I remember is sitting in front of a fan on the floor and an EMT standing over me.I remember walking to the ambulance and leaving  and very shortly after that saying where are we and then everything went black.The mrs said the ambulance lights and siren went on(she was following) and away it went leaving her far behind.No ideas here the next I remember is coming to in a cold bright room with what seemed like 20 people hoovering over my nekkid body and my name being called out of a distant fog.

So they put in a stint in and by 2:30 I was laying in a bed in ICU.Anyhow life as I knew it is changing to a new diet,physical therapy,various doctor appointments etc.

The real kicker to all this is I was 58 had never once stayed in a hospital as a patient,never ridden in an ambulance,never had a surgery and wham I get the trifecta all in a few hours.

Lastly thanks to all of you the well wishes and hilarity have done me good.As cmh posted and I'd like to repeat,none of us are promised tomorrow so please never take anything for advantage and don't ever think it can't happen to you.God loves every one of us and sent His only Son to show that love but we have to accept that in this life in order to experience eternal life with Him.

This little experience has also taught me that I'm going to say I love you a whole lot more and that includes even a bunch of jokers I have an internet relationship with.

Love you guys!!! God Bless!!

P.S. The 2nd trip ended up being a thoracic attack but being so close to the heart attack I panicked and took the Nitro with a low blood pressure and it knocked me completely out.I got home last night and had a restful,healing night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Glad you're doing better buddy.  Thanks for posting the update.  :thumbsup:

be well and hang in there Joe

Thanks for the update. Glad you are feeling better and as with ‘Skids you seem to have a great outlook on life and what’s important 

• Like 1

Good to hear the second time wasn't a heart issue.  In time when you are feeling better, I will be interested to read what diet they recommend to you.  Heart issues are prevalent in my family.  (Dad and Grandpa)  

Good luck.  

Great news. Your wife did a great job.  

• Like 2

Darn Buddy-welcome back. Glad you got this addressed. 

Rest up and post some crazy sh’t.