fandandy

I guess the Fetterman Oz debate didn't go so well.

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So, that's the job of a congressperson, sit in your office and read/sign legislation?  No going out and speaking with your constituents?  Debating in session?  Discussing with your peers to make sure bills are optimized for your people?  

Interesting, I learned something today, thanks.  ::cheers: 

72 hours for that reply? Wow!

He votes on bills he reads. He can still speak with and listen to constituents. There is not a ton of debating in the senate anymore unless you count a bunch of people who want to hear themselves talk at times. He can discuss bills still

So now you can say you learned more things, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He votes on bills he reads. He can still speak with and listen to constituents. There is not a ton of debating in the senate anymore unless you count a bunch of people who want to hear themselves talk at times. He can discuss bills still

Come on, man. If it was reversed, you would be saying the opposite. The Dems should've put up another candidate after his stroke. We should expect our Senators to be able to at least possess the capability to carry on a conversation, which he is unable to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Come on, man. If it was reversed, you would be saying the opposite. The Dems should've put up another candidate after his stroke. We should expect our Senators to be able to at least possess the capability to carry on a conversation, which he is unable to do.

No I wouldn't. I don't disagree that a different candidate would be better. I expect my senators to be able to vote on bills. I don't care if you have to stick a pen in their mouth to vote. Hell- Republicans voted a dead guy into office once and no one batted an eye or raised a fuss about it. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No I wouldn't. I don't disagree that a different candidate would be better. I expect my senators to be able to vote on bills. I don't care if you have to stick a pen in their mouth to vote. Hell- Republicans voted a dead guy into office once and no one batted an eye or raised a fuss about it. 

And they appointed a replacement. There's no replacement here. We just get a guy that can't function. Your standards for Senators is extremely low if you just want to stick a pen in his mouth to vote. If it were a Republican, you'd be singing a different tune.

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

And they appointed a replacement. There's no replacement here. We just get a guy that can't function. Your standards for Senators is extremely low if you just want to stick a pen in his mouth to vote. If it were a Republican, you'd be singing a different tune.

No I wouldn't. It's not as if the dude on the other side is more qualified either. 

Also- by the logic you just said...you'd be okay with Fetterman winning if they can replace him right away.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No I wouldn't. It's not as if the dude on the other side is more qualified either. 

Also- by the logic you just said...you'd be okay with Fetterman winning if they can replace him right away.

Ya, If Fetterman wins, throw Connor Lamb in his spot. 

ETA  - they shouldn't have run Fetterman in the first place after his stroke. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

There is very little floor debate in the Senate anymore.

I think reading and listening are the 2 biggest things Senators should be focused on.

Read the bills before you vote on them; make sure there isn’t stuff in there that will hurt constituents.

Listen to constituents so you know what they are concerned about.

A lot of Senators love the sound of their own voices. The quieter ones often are the ones really getting things done.

I don’t know how soon Fetterman will overcome his functional issues, but his mind itself seems to be fine.

But I do know that Oz is primarily a talker and a salesman, not a reader/listener. I don’t believe for one second that he cares about his constituents in New Jersey Pennsylvania.

We've been through this but I'll repeat.  There is nothing remotely resembling a guarantee that Fetterman recovers, please stop saying that.  Fetterman struggles to process speech so he can't have a conversation with constituents or peers.  I suppose he can say "talk at me" and have people there recording it to review later.  Somehow that doesn't seem optimal to me.

41 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Sorry for the delay, it's busy being retired.  :dunno:  See my comments above, maybe you can learn something regarding how things work in the real world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We've been through this but I'll repeat.  There is nothing remotely resembling a guarantee that Fetterman recovers, please stop saying that.  Fetterman struggles to process speech so he can't have a conversation with constituents or peers.  I suppose he can say "talk at me" and have people there recording it to review later.  Somehow that doesn't seem optimal to me.

Sorry for the delay, it's busy being retired.  :dunno:  See my comments above, maybe you can learn something regarding how things work in the real world.

As usual, Skids for the win 

It'd be nice to have a clean election. If any election malfeasance takes place, Pennsylvania and Michigan are the most likely places for it to occur since they were ground zero last time. Hopefully nothing happens and we all breathe a sigh of relief. But poll watchers in Detroit and Philadelphia and other heavy blue areas in those states will remember 2020 and must have plans in place for what do do if they get bullied again this year because they will have to deal with the same ethically dubious officials overseeing the election as last time. 

If we can get out of this election cycle without the partisan bickering, it'd go a great way to restoring faith in the process.

The polls may say Oz, but if any place bucks the red tide, I suspect it'll be these two states.

• Sad 1

God has spoken -  and they have said; "you're an idiot if you vote for this guy":

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah- I'm sure Dr. Oz is going to be working his way through the Commonwealth talking to everyone.

You are wrong on this in just about every way. 

11 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

No one?.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

No one?.

I would venture no one in here complaining about Fetterman cared all that much. 

11 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

100%

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It'd be nice to have a clean election. If any election malfeasance takes place, Pennsylvania and Michigan are the most likely places for it to occur since they were ground zero last time. Hopefully nothing happens and we all breathe a sigh of relief. But poll watchers in Detroit and Philadelphia and other heavy blue areas in those states will remember 2020 and must have plans in place for what do do if they get bullied again this year because they will have to deal with the same ethically dubious officials overseeing the election as last time. 

If we can get out of this election cycle without the partisan bickering, it'd go a great way to restoring faith in the process.

The polls may say Oz, but if any place bucks the red tide, I suspect it'll be these two states.

Hopefully all vote counting facilities double check their plumbing before Tuesday.  Don't want any more "burst pipes" causing irregularities. 

The thing we should be mostly worried about here is not so much his health as his idiotic thoughts.

NONE of his positions are good for this nation.

Here's Fetterman celebrating the demise of Roe vs Wade.🎉🎊🎈

He might wind up voting with the GOP half the time if he can't figure out how to use his voting device.

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Here's Fetterman celebrating the demise of Roe vs Wade.🎉🎊🎈

He might wind up voting with the GOP half the time if he can't figure out how to use his voting device.

I meant to post this yesterday, glad you did.  I'm rethinking my position on Fetterman; maybe he'll just push random vote buttons so we'll win out half the time?  Might not be that bad after all if he wins.  :D 

Christoper Pike Fetterman.  *  BEEP *       * BEEP *    .......

• Haha 1

Voted for Fetterman this morning. Easiest vote I ever cast. He lives in PA and his opponent doesn’t. Checkmate. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Christoper Pike Fetterman.  *  BEEP *       * BEEP *    .......

You dug deep for that one.  Awesome. :lol:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Voted for Fetterman this morning. Easiest vote I ever cast. He lives in PA and his opponent doesn’t. Checkmate. 

What a curious standard for a representative....I can think of plenty of factors that outweigh that one.  You do you.....:cheers:

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What a curious standard for a representative....I can think of plenty of factors that outweigh that one.  You do you.....:cheers:

Expecting your congressmen to actually live in the state they represent seems odd to you? :unsure: 

In my experience, once a person becomes a congress person they basically only visit their district, they basically become a Washingtonian from there on.  Still, I agree.  I don't like carpetbaggers like Dr. Oz or Hillary Clinton.  There is very little which could get me to vote for one.  Keeping out an unfit, unqualified partisan might do it, but I would have to weigh the circumstances carefully.

When there are no candidates I like I check to see if the ballot allows write-in candidates.  If so I write in myself.  I find that to be an interesting audit point on vote tabulation.  

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

In my experience, once a person becomes a congress person they basically only visit their district, they basically become a wWashingtonian from there on.  Still, I agree.  I don't like carpetbaggers like Dr. Oz or Hillary Clinton.  There is very little which could get me to vote for one.  Keeping out an unfit, unqualified partisan might do it, but I would have to weigh the circumstances carefully.

When there are no candidates I like I check to see if the ballot allows write-in candidates.  If so I write in myself.  I find that to be an interesting audit point on vote tabulation.  

I would rather have the smarter, more effective conservative represent where I live over some mentally ill local yokel simply because he lives a couple blocks down the road. 

It's focked up how people can find the dumbest reasons to vote for the dumbest people. 

The party leadership controls what is put up for a vote. You vote for the person that votes the way you agree with. 

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Expecting your congressmen to actually live in the state they represent seems odd to you? :unsure: 

I guess you could be concerned that he has only established residence there since 2020, or that he graduated from a PA school a long time ago....but then again, if his policy prescriptions resonate, it might be less important than how he votes.

What are his positions? What will the outcomes be.  Picking a guy who lived in PA his whole life, but has sh!tty positions does not seem like a winning recipe. :dunno:

To me it sorta might then indicate that Hillary Clinton should not have been selected to represent NY, but it seems like she was a serviceable rep.

Resident idiot troll would have you believe that he would vote for Oz if he lived his whole life in PA and not for Fetterman if he were the carpetbagger. Regardless of the issues or how they would vote.  Troll game is horrible these days. 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I guess you could be concerned that he has only established residence there since 2020, or that he graduated from a PA school a long time ago....but then again, if his policy prescriptions resonate, it might be less important than how he votes.

What are his positions? What will the outcomes be.  Picking a guy who lived in PA his whole life, but has sh!tty positions does not seem like a winning recipe. :dunno:

To me it sorta might then indicate that Hillary Clinton should not have been selected to represent NY, but it seems like she was a serviceable rep.

Not that I live in PA, but his 20 years of prescribing miracle weight loss pills and rejuvenation cures would also concern me.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Not that I live in PA, but his 20 years of prescribing miracle weight loss pills and rejuvenation cures would also concern me.

I could get behind having concerns about how he conducted himself as a businessman.  That has some relevance. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Why? Does he also let violent criminals out of prison or something?

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Not that I live in PA, but Fettermans fetish for letting out killers and violent criminals from prison would concern me more. Even more concerning would be his desire to not imprison them in the first place. 

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I could get behind having concerns about how he conducted himself as a businessman.  That has some relevance. 

At least Oz can lay claim to having business experience, and has worked an actual job.  My understanding is Fetterman-Pike has either been in public service or lived off his family his entire life. 

I live in PA and am ashamed that this is the best we have to offer.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

In my experience, once a person becomes a congress person they basically only visit their district, they basically become a wWashingtonian from there on.  Still, I agree.  I don't like carpetbaggers like Dr. Oz or Hillary Clinton.  There is very little which could get me to vote for one.  Keeping out an unfit, unqualified partisan might do it, but I would have to weigh the circumstances carefully.

I don't know- jerry thinks they are constantly going to be talking to their constituents. 

32 minutes ago, RLLD said:

How would we know what Oz’s positions are? He’s spent decades as a reality TV star and shilling scam medicine. There’s nothing to judge him on except the fact that he’s a carpetbagger. Everything he says is a script to win votes. 

:dunno: