cmh6476

***OFFICIAL Super Bowl Chiefs v Eagles Thread***

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

This is your problem. You interpret everything people say by your Racist standards when in reality they did not mention anything about race, you just assumed it. If you were a real football fan, you would know that a running quarterback is a style of football that has not been very successful in the NFL even with all the rule changes their careers are short.

Unless you’re in your late 50s I’ve been a football fan longer than you are, perhaps longer than you’ve been alive. When the term “running quarterback” is used to describe a black quarterback’s supposed limitations (and not used to describe white quarterbacks who often run like Josh Allen) it’s usually a racist trope. Sorry but it is. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Unless you’re in your late 50s I’ve been a football fan longer than you are, perhaps longer than you’ve been alive. When the term “running quarterback” is used to describe a black quarterback’s supposed limitations (and not used to describe white quarterbacks who often run like Josh Allen) it’s usually a racist trope. Sorry but it is. 

It’s 2023 get with grandpa, people my age don’t think that way or should I say people I know don’t think that way. Wasn’t Fran Tarkenton a running quarterback. Who were these running quarterbacks you’re talking about

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

if youve seriously been a fan that long, youd know steve young was considered a running qb and for damn sure youd know john elway was considered a running qb.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

if youve seriously been a fan that long, youd know steve young was considered a running qb and for damn sure youd know john elway was considered a running qb.

Randall Cunningham got better when he stopped running. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Randall Cunningham got better when he stopped running. 

and young became better as he developed his pocket game.  Sometimes the threat of running offsets the defense more than actually running

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Eagles absolutely only have themselves to blame for being in that position. But it was an incredibly soft call to basically end the game.

That was the only holding call of the game and it was weak. AJ Brown and Devonta Smith were pretty much getting molested the whole game, no calls. 

There's no doubt it was weak, it didn't affect the play at all. 

i was pretty surprised by the lack of pressure on mahomes from the eagles pass rush.  thats where they lost the game. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fields was a great passer in college.  He's known for this throwing ability and deep ball.  He was not a run first guy at OSU.  He only had to run in the NFL because of the offense around him.

I know(forced to run too much)...And if they don't fix that--they will be losing him..IMO

My God Tim has to be by far the most racist person on this board.  Bar none.  It's utterly amazing to me.

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i was pretty surprised by the lack of pressure on mahomes from the eagles pass rush.  thats where they lost the game. 

Yep. 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What exactly does this matter?  Ryan Leaf was a good passer in college.  Johnny Football was a hrll of a QB 8n college.   Mayfield and Murray were great passers in college.  

So was Dwayne Haskins in that program. 

All these guys can throw the football in 7 on 7 type scrimmages vs Illinois.  They have arm talent.  But they aren't good passers.  

They do not know how to throw a guy open. They spent a college career at a big school where the WRs run free and wide open all day. It's not like that in the NFL so they fail because they cannot trust themselves to throw to the spot that is needed. I think it can be taught and learned but if you have no accuracy, you will fail, in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You really are a horribly racist individual.   

So Bradberry admitted he held the WR so there goes "the fix is in" and it was a bogus call. He simply got caught doing what they all do at the worst possible time. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He really is.  All he wants to do is talk race.  And never gives minorities any credit for anything.  The ONLY way they can succeed, and the only way, is by getting help from whites.   And that kids is saying minorities are not as good as whites. Plain and simple.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lod001 said:

So Bradberry admitted he held the WR so there goes "the fix is in" and it was a bogus call. He simply got caught doing what they all do at the worst possible time. 

It was obviously a hold. It just wasn’t egregious and the refs had let both teams play until that point. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Blatantly so, it's stunning to see.

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

I am not kidding when I say I have never read a single thing he has said. I pretty much make my threads and post my own sh1t and read people I know. 

When I hear "running QB" my mind immediately goes to Steve Young.  But I'm not a racist pig either though.  Unless not thinking about a black QB first is racist.  

Refs Win Super Bowl MVP Award

https://babylonbee.com/news/refs-win-super-bowl-mvp

GLENDALE, AZ — After an exciting, hard-fought, back-and-forth gridiron battle between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL proudly announced that the referees had been named MVP of the Super Bowl LVII.

"This continues a longstanding tradition in our league," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when presenting the award. "The officiating crew truly embodies what our game is all about. The referees made an impact that determined the outcome of this great game, and now they take their rightful place in the spotlight."

Fans and media alike were quick to decry the officiating of the game, believing bad calls were directly responsible for giving the victory to Kansas City. "Are you kiddin' me?!" shouted Eagles fan Jono Hughes after the game. "You're gonna call a holding penalty at that point in the game?! I had 200 bucks and ownership of my youngest kid riding on that game! Thanks a lot, refs! Jerks!"

Rumors were circulating that the officials had a vested interest in making sure the Chiefs came out on top. "It's ridiculous to insinuate that we were in any way impartial," said Head Referee Carl Cheffers after the game while wearing an autographed Patrick Mahomes jersey. "We take great pride in calling the game fairly and ensuring the right team wins. I can show you the script for the game if you don't believe me."

At publishing time, the referees had been last seen stuffing stacks of cash into their suitcases and sprinting out of State Farm Stadium to climb aboard the Chiefs' team bus.

Posty has been waiting all post season to be elated and ecstatic when the Chiefs eventually lost.   Now has to result to this because it's all he's got. 

Must be awesome to wallow in the misery of others. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

That was the only holding call of the game and it was weak. AJ Brown and Devonta Smith were pretty much getting molested the whole game, no calls. 

There's no doubt it was weak, it didn't affect the play at all. 

I disagree.  The play was to go to that receiver, and the hold threw off the timing and likely contributed to Mahomes not risking an INT and going long.  If Mahomes had never looked that way, yeah, that would have sucked to call it (even though technically that shouldn't matter), but that was clearly the play and the guy did hold.  

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I keep telling you all, Tim forms his opinions and works backwards instead of evaluating data and forming his opinions from that as people with good critical thinking skills do.

Have a lot of respect for hertz. Hadn't really seen him.  Not bad for a losing team.

When his team loses, a quarterback who plays a great game never gets enough credit. But Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts‘ performance in Super Bowl LVII should not be overlooked.

Hurts had, quite simply, perhaps the finest stat line in Super Bowl history: He carried 15 times for 70 yards, a Super Bowl record for a quarterback. He scored three touchdowns, tying the record for any player, regardless of position. He scored 20 points (three touchdowns and a two-point conversion), also tying a record for any player regardless of position. He completed 27 of 38 passes for 304 yards, with one touchdown and no interceptions.

6 hours ago, posty said:

Refs Win Super Bowl MVP Award

https://babylonbee.com/news/refs-win-super-bowl-mvp

GLENDALE, AZ — After an exciting, hard-fought, back-and-forth gridiron battle between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL proudly announced that the referees had been named MVP of the Super Bowl LVII.

"This continues a longstanding tradition in our league," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when presenting the award. "The officiating crew truly embodies what our game is all about. The referees made an impact that determined the outcome of this great game, and now they take their rightful place in the spotlight."

Fans and media alike were quick to decry the officiating of the game, believing bad calls were directly responsible for giving the victory to Kansas City. "Are you kiddin' me?!" shouted Eagles fan Jono Hughes after the game. "You're gonna call a holding penalty at that point in the game?! I had 200 bucks and ownership of my youngest kid riding on that game! Thanks a lot, refs! Jerks!"

Rumors were circulating that the officials had a vested interest in making sure the Chiefs came out on top. "It's ridiculous to insinuate that we were in any way impartial," said Head Referee Carl Cheffers after the game while wearing an autographed Patrick Mahomes jersey. "We take great pride in calling the game fairly and ensuring the right team wins. I can show you the script for the game if you don't believe me."

At publishing time, the referees had been last seen stuffing stacks of cash into their suitcases and sprinting out of State Farm Stadium to climb aboard the Chiefs' team bus.

Every day “the Bee” reminds us all that they are less funny than a sock drawer full of discarded dad jokes.

It was a hold and a necessary flag for it.  JuJu had fooled Bradbury when he changed direction and he was accelerating away from him when Bradbury grabbed him to hold him back to keep from getting burned for a touchdown.  It's cut and dry.  Watch the play again from the beginning.  Stop whining.

Anyone see the rumors of Mahomes testing positive for PEDs during the SB?  I don't think it's true but it sure makes you wonder when he's able to perform like that after an ankle injury.  I wonder what that scar tissue is looking like.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anyone see the rumors of Mahomes testing positive for PEDs during the SB?  I don't think it's true but it sure makes you wonder when he's able to perform like that after an ankle injury.  I wonder what that scar tissue is looking like.

I have not heard that but I bet after half time he had enough cortisone in him to bring down an elephant.  

Time to do away with automatic 1st down on defensive holding. Fine give them the 5 yards. No need for a 1st down too.

Offensive holding should also be an automatic 4th down :wacko: 

On 2/13/2023 at 1:08 PM, The Real timschochet said:

That the problem boomer!   You view everything and every comment as racist.

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

That the problem boomer!   You view everything and every comment as racist.

I actually don’t. In fact I rarely call anyone or anything racist. It’s just that people here think that there is no racism- and then what’s really hilarious is when they call me racist, 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 12:26 PM, supermike80 said:

He really is.  All he wants to do is talk race.  And never gives minorities any credit for anything.  The ONLY way they can succeed, and the only way, is by getting help from whites.   And that kids is saying minorities are not as good as whites. Plain and simple.

I couldn’t write this at FBG because it would have gotten me suspended but you really are foolish. You constantly misstate things I write and put forth your own idiotic notions of what is going on. For example I’ve never written or implied anything close to what you just described. 

I don’t think you’re a racist but I’m pretty sure you’re a numbskull. Congrats? 

I just watched all 30 minutes of this.  We are damn lucky as fans. 

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I actually don’t. In fact I rarely call anyone or anything racist. It’s just that people here think that there is no racism- and then what’s really hilarious is when they call me racist, 

The sad truth there is racism on every inch of the planet in some form. 

I always laugh when a black guy I work with says "Lucky that we were not the slave owners, as you all would still be in chains on a plantation" He is only half joking.

This was just week 15. The 1st non PI call is laughable. Do all those that say the holding HAD to be called in the super bowl. :doh: