cmh6476

***OFFICIAL Lions @ Chiefs NFL Season Opener Thread***

40 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Nothing wrong with going to KC and winning by 1 in a close game. Not many teams do that.

A road win vs KC is difficult for any team.

Don`t think either played their best.   Thought for sure game was over when Lions did not convert the 4th and 2 and KC had the ball with a FG to win. I don`t think it was a bad call.

Kelce will be back too early

Worst case is the dreaded ACL and he plays through it

6 hours ago, Horseman said:

Tiny stayed up late to show how dumb he is tonight.  Let me give you a little lesson:

The sharpest of us are only right 60% of the time. Spiking the ball on one bet is the definition of DUMB. 

Joe public came in hard with the Kelce news. Every fairweather better I know was taking Det +5.5 all the way down to 4.5. 

Sharp Money took advantage  of that. 

But hey, you want to be a big boy, go ahead and join our betting pool. See how you do over the long haul. Proof is in the pudding. Some of us are proven winners.  

Add betting to list of things horseman doesn't understand.

The sharp money was on the lions, and I gave two great trends, and you called me stupid.  Well I won and you lost, deal with it.

Well...I'll take it.   A win on the road in Arrowhead, with all the national pressure, and Mahomes on the other side is a great win for the guys.  Lots of holes, but 2 years ago, the Lions lose that game.

Nice to see the defense step up, even after Campbell put them in a bad spot by going for it on fourth down at  the end of the game.  

Run game looked good, Gibbs is FAST...Montgomery can grind out those short yardage needs.   Jones Jr sucked but hopefully it's a one off.  Goff looked poised and in control most of the game.  That completion on third and 12 was epic.  

Toney's insane drops definitely played a huge role in the game.   So I can't yet say the Lions have what it takes to keep an elite quarterback at bay yet.

But  1-0.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Skyy Moore coming out party, starting him in 2 leagues :pointstosky:

:lol:

46 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well...I'll take it.   A win on the road in Arrowhead, with all the national pressure, and Mahomes on the other side is a great win for the guys.  Lots of holes, but 2 years ago, the Lions lose that game.

Nice to see the defense step up, even after Campbell put them in a bad spot by going for it on fourth down at  the end of the game.  

Run game looked good, Gibbs is FAST...Montgomery can grind out those short yardage needs.   Jones Jr sucked but hopefully it's a one off.  Goff looked poised and in control most of the game.  That completion on third and 12 was epic.  

Toney's insane drops definitely played a huge role in the game.   So I can't yet say the Lions have what it takes to keep an elite quarterback at bay yet.

But  1-0.

The Chiefs weren't an elite championship caliber team yesterday, the game was a tossup as to who played better and could have gone either way.

The Lions need a better/more reliable WR2. That was a predictable hole, they're fine everywhere else. I was hoping that Holmes would trade a solid D-Lineman to get somebody solid in return but the season started and that didn't happen. Maybe there's one in house: one game down, five more until Jaemo comes back - and they could really use him if he's actually good - but at no point has he ever given us no reason to believe he's the answer. It's merely "hope" he plays well, not "expect him to play well" let alone "expect him to dominate". Dude resonates "bust" vibes. 

Some of 2018's WR superstars are free agents, wouldn't hurt to check the gas tank and kick the tires.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Campbell and La Porta looked great for the Lions.

Yeah, I stopped fuming over the picks long ago when I figured that out. They come from a program that consistently produces quality LBs and TEs that you may be aware of.

Branch with his pick-six and Gibbs also played well. Other rookies add depth. Even one of Brad Holmes' undrafted free agents that couldn't make the team got picked off waivers by Arizona. So, looks like another solid rookie class from Brad Holmes, three in a row. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The Chiefs weren't an elite championship caliber team yesterday, the game was a tossup as to who played better and could have gone either way.

The Lions need a better/more reliable WR2. That was a predictable hole, they're fine everywhere else. I was hoping that Holmes would trade a solid D-Lineman to get somebody solid in return but the season started and that didn't happen. Maybe there's one in house: one game down, five more until Jaemo comes back - and they could really use him if he's actually good - but at no point has he ever given us no reason to believe he's the answer. It's merely "hope" he plays well, not "expect him to play well" let alone "expect him to dominate". Dude resonates "bust" vibes. 

Some of 2018's WR superstars are free agents, wouldn't hurt to check the gas tank and kick the tires.

I do agree 100% they could use another WR.  Not sure Holmes agrees, as he seems to be passing on FA opportunities so far. 

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I do agree 100% they could use another WR.  Not sure Holmes agrees, as he seems to be passing on FA opportunities so far. 

People on sports talk radio were fuming that the Lions were dangling James Houston as a trade candidate and I didn't understand it. If you want a solid WR2, that's the caliber player you have to give up to get one. If you're only willing to to move a back-end LB or DL, you're only going to get a back-end WR in return.

10 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

$65 bet at +170. Not too bad for game one of the season. 

I felt lucky yesterday. I did 200 at +180 on the moneyline and then 2 mins before the game I doubled down for another 200 at +175 for a payout of $710

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

What are you all talking about? Lions will still be 8-9 and miss the playoffs

You would not even put a dollar in thst retarded statement. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Campbell and La Porta looked great for the Lions.

Happy with Musgrave in GB but was fairly high on Laporta in the draft.  He looked the part last night.  

penei sewell should start doing the same thing that jawaan taylor was doing. If the league is going to allow it then it is part of the game now. Every tackle in the league should be using this technique starting sunday. 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

penei sewell should start doing the same thing that #74 was doing. Imagine how good he would be if he cheated too. 

It's being talked about now.  They let is slide with Lane Johnson, then last night with Taylor until he pushed it too far.  So now there is a spotlight and the NFL is gonna have to either start calling it, or say fock it, we don't want QBs getting hit, and we'll allow it, then everyone will do it.  That would translate to the edge rushers moving around, to the inside, like they did with Hutch last night.  It basically negates speed edge rushers and coaches will have to get creative on how to give them lanes.

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Add betting to list of things horseman doesn't understand

Unfortunately for you I have receipts.

https://ibb.co/bzpSFFF

That's just shy of 1000 bets this year and I'm up 350%.  

You have anything remotely close to that or are you just fapping your gums?  <- rhetorical

:first:

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Unfortunately for you I have receipts.

https://ibb.co/bzpSFFF

That's just shy of 1000 bets this year and I'm up 350%.  

You have anything remotely close to that or are you just fapping your gums?  <- rhetorical

:first:

No I'm not in your betting pool, but I did very well last year too.

Not sure what you expect here, but I shared my wager and logic behind it, and you called me dumb, so of course I'm gonna rub your face in it when you're wrong.  Take it like a man.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No I'm not in your betting pool, but I did very well last year too.

Not sure what you expect here, but I shared my wager and logic behind it, and you called me dumb, so of course I'm gonna rub your face in it when you're wrong.  Take it like a man.

You're all wrong about your sharp takes.  Still are regardless of the outcome of one game.

I look forward to taking your money next year.  Like candy from a baby.

That was a pretty entertaining game. Refs let them play too other than a terrible DPI call on Detroit. 

Toney seems like an ass so I enjoyed watching him almost single-handedly lose it for KC. Along with Andy Reid’s decision to kick two FGs deep in Lions territory on 4th and 2 before going for it on 4th and 20/25 with three TOs.

Jebus. 🤦‍♂️ 

:lol: 

40 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's being talked about now.  They let is slide with Lane Johnson, then last night with Taylor until he pushed it too far.  So now there is a spotlight and the NFL is gonna have to either start calling it, or say fock it, we don't want QBs getting hit, and we'll allow it, then everyone will do it.  That would translate to the edge rushers moving around, to the inside, like they did with Hutch last night.  It basically negates speed edge rushers and coaches will have to get creative on how to give them lanes.

I think it is absolute bullshitt. I have a hard time believing that was not something the refs decided was just going to be ok. That is clearly not legal.  And to keep allowing it to the point that Collinsworth joked he was a slot wr is absurd. Like I said. If it were my job to be a RT in the NFL I would be talking to my line coach about this and using it in my first game. If they are going to allow something illegal like that it becomes a technique. I am going to be interested to see how Defenses combat that. 

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Kadarius toney deleted his Twitter account last night after the game 😁

He was on my bench so I told him to drop everything thrown his way.  He's a good team player! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

yep

On 9/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Lions fans have 1 decent season where they still miss playoffs and start pumping out chests.  Lol

Come on guys you are the darlings of the division.   Be humble.  

Nailed it. 

Excellent article about how Lane Johnson appears to false start but it’s only because he’s so fast and talented and great at what he does and anybody who says otherwise is a crybaby whiner. :thumbsup: 

You have to hand it to Kadarious Toney. Or else he’ll drop it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Excellent article about how Lane Johnson appears to false start but it’s only because he’s so fast and talented and great at what he does and anybody who says otherwise is a crybaby whiner. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I saw no false start. Looked clean. :thumbsup: 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You have to hand it to Kadarious Toney. Or else he’ll drop it. 

Rimshot  :lol:

12 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Crow ate.  Lions didn't look amazing but they won.  Congrats Lions fans.

Chiefs are in trouble.   Toney and skyy moore are bums. Rashee Rice may be their guy after kelce.  

Am I the only one that hates these numbers.   Skyy moore 24.  Why? 

It was really stupid what they did with the numbers. Used to be just by seeing the number you’d know if it was an RB or a WR/TE they threw to. You’d know who was out there throwing blocks or making tackles. Now it’s a focking guessing game and if you don’t catch the name on the replay you might never figure it out :thumbsdown:

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Down the stretch for wr depth I could foresee usage wise something like:

1. Rice

2. MVS

3. Moore

4. Toney

5. Watson

It’s a sad day if rice is your savior. He is not very good. Mahomes can probably make him look decent but he’s darn near a jag 

Toney should be cut. 

How/why was mcKinnon not used more in the pass game?

The real head scratching thing to me was the Chiefs final drive. enough time on the clock with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning where punting the ball made some sense. They decided they were going for it on 4th down, which I have to assume was pre determined, so at the very least why not draw up something short to gain a chunk of yardage on 3rd and 20? they threw it deep on 3rd and 20.... get even 7-8 yards of that back on 3rd down if you know you're going for it. 

Then after the false start, making it 4th and 25, you could still punt it away and have 4 timeouts (3 plus the 2 minute warning). Going for it on 4th and 25 cost them the 2 minute warning stoppage after turning it over. 

That was some real bad clock management and game planning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

It was really stupid what they did with the numbers. Used to be just by seeing the number you’d know if it was an RB or a WR/TE they threw to. You’d know who was out there throwing blocks or making tackles. Now it’s a focking guessing game and if you don’t catch the name on the replay you might never figure it out :thumbsdown:

THIS!!!!  Last year watching LAR and I'm wondering who #7 was.  It was the G0ddamn TE. 

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

8-9 book it

I bet 100 right now that they do better than 8-9. I can put money up on venmo or cashap.