Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

What is your opinion of Whoopi Goldberg?

I don't remember liking her or her movies then, and definitely dislike her now.   

I guess she was alright in Girl, Interrupted?  That's the best I could come up with looking at her imdb, and mostly laughed at how crappy most of the stuff she was in has been.  

She banged Ted Danson. She was ok then. Her first HBO specials was funny. I still use the line “pick a finger”

If she did standup, I've never heard it.  I'd be willing to if somebody provides a link, because I presume she was considered funny at one point but I never found her movie acting to be good or funny. 

19 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

Do or Did you enjoy her as an actress and comedian in her prime in the 80's and 90's? 

She was outstanding in Ghost and The Color Purple. No one can take that from her. Early in her career, she was very grounded. Sister Act is a very well made solid family film. 

In most cases, lots of these "talk show" hosts get blackmailed. Howard Stern and Jimmy Kimmel are glaring examples of this. They toe the line and the 'narrative' or else. One of the reasons that Fox News "personalities" tend to be harder to pin down is it's very insular. There really is no other major Conservative news outlet on the same level. Whereas in Hollywood in general,  also in music, sports, etc, etc, it's very liberal for the most part. It's easier to get caught doing something you can be blackmailed for when your network pathway is much much larger. 

Right now, the activist radical left would love to find something on Greg Gutfeld. But there's nothing. 

It's bitterness I suppose. You are an Oscar winner. And then you are reduced to Hollywood Squares. I suppose most of that anger comes from that her "success" comes from roles where she's typecast as a lower class black woman that's seen as patently unattractive. I mean she was cast in  The Color Purple because there needed to be a plausible aesthetic where Danny Glover would despise and resent her looks. It's kind of tragic but she's not the only one.  Rebel Wilson and America Ferrera and Mae Whitman have all faced the same kind of typecast. Unfortunately. Joan Cusack was often typecast as the ugly duckling best friend, but she didn't resent it. 

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I was never really a fan.

But for me, it’s nothing to do with race, gender or politics 

This. ^

She thought Jill Biden would make a great Surgeon General. Said she’s a great doctor. Shouldn’t she have been fired for that? Her job now is to talk about politics. 

She was a solid stand-up comic and good in "Sister Act," "Ghost," "The Color Purple" and "Lion King."

Politically, she's a moderate leftie.

I got no problem with her, but MAGAturds do because she's black, a woman and to the left of themselves.

31 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

She was a solid stand-up comic and good in "Sister Act," "Ghost," "The Color Purple" and "Lion King."

I got no problem with her, but MAGAturds do because she's black, a woman and to the left of themselves.

And stupid. She thinks Jill Biden would make a great surgeon general. 

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Wrong as usual. We only don’t like her cause she’s left of normal. Race and gender are irrelevant. How dare you assign her woman

Worms and Rusty basically tried to turn this thread into politics.  They are seeing ghosts out here.  

I haven't seen that many of her movies.  She seems good enough in Ghost.  Unless someone pulls up an outlandish opinion of hers she is sort of out of sight out of mind.  Of course The View is a total mess.  But when you are a washed up B level star sometimes that stuff is the best you can do.  

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

MAGAturds

A broken man.  The crazy cat guy yelling Magaturd at midnight in a whoopi goldberg thread.  

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Do or Did you enjoy her as an actress and comedian in her prime in the 80's and 90's? 

No.

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

😆 This dude is a chick. 

Has the white knight, keyboard social activists brigade been activated again? 

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

She pledged to leave America if Trump got elected in 2016.

And she didn't. :(

Can't say much about her acting, only saw her in Ghost.  Thought some of her stand-up shows were pretty good, very original, funny and at times thought-provoking.

I like her acting. Star Trek, Sister Act, Color Purple, Rat Race, etc... I don't watch the View but whenever I see clips she invariably comes across as a hatefilled ignorant fool.

9 hours ago, Vince44 said:

At best, she was "ok".  I never found her to be a draw or a detraction.

If you’re dating Whoopi, you’re allowed to wear blackface. 

She's a far-left extremist who is trying to subvert our constitution through her media platform.

50 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I like her acting. Star Trek, Sister Act, Color Purple, Rat Race, etc... I don't watch the View but whenever I see clips she invariably comes across as a hatefilled ignorant fool.

Oh yeah, I forgot Rat Race, yeah that was funny and she was funny in it. 

I read she has to shitt in the shower and squash the shitt with her humongous feet into the drain. 

She was good in Star Trek TNG.

Also, she's a liberal, virtue signaling, dipshlt.

As conservatives, we've had to separate the art from the individual for a very long time. No big deal, you can enjoy her work while also recognizing that she's a focking idiot when somebody else isn't feeding her lines. Not the first, won't be the last.

She was good in Ghost. Terribly unfunny as a comedian.

I've hated her since she came to my city to be a fraud.

http://www.salenalettera.com/2005/07/perfect-storm.html

Since this is a working town, we thought we'd do what the locals would do and we popped into a tavern for a quick drink. When done, the young guy behind the bar suggested we go to Captain Carlos' Restaurant if we wanted great sea food. He said they usually had a band and told us that sometimes, Whoopi Goldberg tends bar a couple of times a week. It seems that she has a place here and is friends with the owner of the restaurant. So, we were on our way, hoping to see Whoopi, get a good meal and relax to the music.

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She’s very fat. And I bet that hair stinks 

Is has been noted before her grooming habits are not the best.

I liked her in some of her early movies.  Problem is she is way to closed minded to mod a talk show.