Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

NFL Draft Prospect comes out of the closet

He's been projected as a 4-5 from what I've read. :dunno:

That means Philly will prolly take him in the second round no?

He's been projected as a 4-5 from what I've read. :dunno:

Ugh... I thought he was a better prospect such that somebody would draft him and we could move past this. I doubt any team will draft the ghey guy with marginal talent.

I'm about 180 miles from Mizzou and our local sportstalk is blowing up over this,also playing a clip from Herm Edwards in which he says the teams that are looking at this guy will have to ask themselves can they handle the baggage this kid will bring to the lockeroom.Some fairly heated discussions going on callers getting hung up on etc.

Change just one word and it sounds just like an old Jackie Robinson story, eh?

My grandfather tells tales of how shocked he was when Jackie came out as a black man.

• Like 1

Anyone find it funny that a gay dudes biggest supporter is a San Fran fan? :doh:

I am a lions fan and I 100% support him. I can not wait till homophobes just die like the dinosaurs they are.

Ugh... I thought he was a better prospect such that somebody would draft him and we could move past this. I doubt any team will draft the ghey guy with marginal talent.

He'll get drafted in the 4-5 range. I doubt teams pass on him cause he's gay.

It always comes down to a binary decision of "can he play?" And "does he fit our scheme?" They'll take the off field stuff too, but if its a yes to both questions, someone will take a flyer on the kid

How so? He only weighs 260, too small for defensive end, out of his 11 sacks, nine came from games with Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Florida?

The article I read said that GMs saw him at best a third rounder, and that was stretching it.

He's to small to play DE. They tried playing him at LB for the snipe Bowl and he sucked. He won't be drafted but will be picked up by a team willing to deal with the circus. Belicheck would be perfect .

The guy is going to try harder IMO, any team that passes is making a mistake.

He's to small to play DE. They tried playing him at LB for the snipe Bowl and he sucked. He won't be drafted but will be picked up by a team willing to deal with the circus. Belicheck would be perfect .

That would create a strange dynamic with Brady. One gay in the locker room would be challenging enough.

Dude was SEC Defensive Player of the Year. I have a hard time believing that isn't worthy of being at least a third-round pick or so.

So, when we hear a guy like Stephen Hawking comes out and say that what he has been been preaching about black holes has been wrong and that he "blundered", it just means science is stupid. These so called geniuses are always wrong. Yet, science is still unable to show people are born gay. How sad. Boo hoo.

I can't help but think of Idiocracy, and how after a few more years of reality TV and consuming additives in food, everybody will be a drooling retard like yourself.

Start to think critically and stop being a sheep.

See this is the point I've been trying to hammer home. The debate has been eschewed into a "its not their fault" schtick as if being gay is a mutation.

What if people aren't born gay? What it if is a choice?

Are you now saying that it's not okay to make the choice to be gay? Or just that you can't make the choice to be gay and play football?

It doesn't matter if it's genetic or a choice. They deserve equal treatment either way.

This article turned me to this line of thinking.

The aversion to the word "choice" in our community stems from belief that if we can’t prove that our gayness is biologically determined, then we won’t have grounds to demand equality. I think this fear needs to be addressed and given up. In America, we have the freedom to be as well as to choose to be. I see no reason to believe that the only sexualities worth protecting are the ones over which one has no control.

Whenever someone accepts me merely because she feels obligated to do so by my genetic code, I feel degraded rather than empowered. It's like saying, “You can’t help it, sugar. You were born this way. Me? I was born with astigmatism and a wonky knee. We can’t change our limitations even if we wanted to.”

My grandfather tells tales of how shocked he was when Jackie came out as a black man.

:first:

I tried to clarify later. I don't think the two are interchangeable - just similar in audacity when it comes to reasons you wouldn't want a player on your team.

Lost some respect for Herm Edwards when he referred to it as baggage. Props to Michael Strahan for supporting this kid.

--------------

I think Sam will get drafted in the Late 3rd - Early 5th. Probably a team with a 3-4 defense as his size all but translates to an pass-rushing OLB.

Aldon Smith is 6'4'' 265. Ahmad Brooks is 6'3'' 259. Michael Sam is 6'2'' 255.

See this is the point I've been trying to hammer home. The debate has been eschewed into a "its not their fault" schtick as being gay is a mutation.

Are you now saying that it's not okay to make the choice to be gay? Or just that you can't make the choice to be gay and play football?

It doesn't matter if it's genetic or a choice. They deserve equal treatment either way.

Good point. Ayyone arguing that it's a choice is still making a judgement on something that doesn't affect them in the slightest.

You don't like gay people? Get over it. It's 2014. Nobody cares what you think anymore.

See this is the point I've been trying to hammer home. The debate has been eschewed into a "its not their fault" schtick as if being gay is a mutation.

It baffles me why the ghey fight against all evidence. They can simply embrace that it is a choice. It is empowering. They have control over it. They own it. Look out world. It would be more respected. Instead, they declare they are victims of genetics. They were sentenced to this fate. They are powerless over it. They are weak, wimpering, pathetic.

They get equal rights. But that's not enough. They want to take their bedroom stuff public. And not be penalized for it. Then, they want to get extra privileges. Which sickens me. It's not about equal. It's about how to make some extra money at it. This assh0le is trying to cash in on his fame before he washes out of the NFL as a failed player.

You can certainly force people to be tolerant of others. Even if it goes against their religious beliefs. You can force people into situations that contradict their belief systems. But under no circumstances are we as a nation EVER to force acceptance. Tolerance is one thing. But once you bring the acceptance bomb into it, it's crossing a line. People have the right to be uncomfortable around sexual weirdos. I expect players to be uncomfortable to be around Rex Ryan and his foot thing.

• Like 1

Good for him. ESPN is probably happy they have something to talk about.

I think I heard he was 24 already and is a project/tweener. That's probably going to hold him back more than anything come draft day.

It baffles me why the ghey fight against all evidence. They can simply embrace that it is a choice. It is empowering. They have control over it. They own it. Look out world. It would be more respected. Instead, they declare they are victims of genetics. They were sentenced to this fate. They are powerless over it. They are weak, wimpering, pathetic.

They get equal rights. But that's not enough. They want to take their bedroom stuff public. And not be penalized for it. Then, they want to get extra privileges. Which sickens me. It's not about equal. It's about how to make some extra money at it. This assh0le is trying to cash in on his fame before he washes out of the NFL as a failed player.

You can certainly force people to be tolerant of others. Even if it goes against their religious beliefs. You can force people into situations that contradict their belief systems. But under no circumstances are we as a nation EVER to force acceptance. Tolerance is one thing. But once you bring the acceptance bomb into it, it's crossing a line. People have the right to be uncomfortable around sexual weirdos. I expect players to be uncomfortable to be around Rex Ryan and his foot thing.

What "extra" rights are they fighting for?

If his draft stock falls, it will because teams dont want to deal with the pathetic media circus sure to come along with his heroism and bravery, not discrimination. But that wont stop the attention starved cry babies from playing the victim card.

Quite possible.

The way I see it is whatever teams are considering drafting him, the coach will have a sit down

with 4 or 5 of the "leaders" on the team and ask them if they are ok with it.

If a couple of them say hell no, dude won't be drafted to that team.

So sick of this kind of garbage being shoved down our throat. No pun intended. Espn is now going to give this player as much coverage as the Olympics. Believe it or not, there is an enormous section of our society who do not agree with this "lifestyle" yet are considered intolerant. Hypocrisy at its finest.

having a young son that watches ESPN all the time, between the marcus smart never-ending highlight reel of his deflected outrage over his poor play, and then this news this morning that didn't need to shared, i had to turn the tv off. i haven't seen any olympics news on espn at all. they show a still picture of a skier in mid-air or something while a guy in the dark of night mentions franz klammer from the 1970s.

If he was a projected first round pick he would wait to come out. He has one of the best publicists in the nation on his team, Greg Lougainis was on sports radio talking about his role in the markerting machine. The funny thing is that he was saying how brave it was to come out in spite of the timing. I think the timing is bringing him hype and support. Wish him the best come draft day, but to assume this isn't an attempt to increase his profile and draft position i think is naive.

having a young son that watches ESPN all the time, between the marcus smart never-ending highlight reel of his deflected outrage over his poor play, and then this news this morning that didn't need to shared, i had to turn the tv off. i haven't seen any olympics news on espn at all. they show a still picture of a skier in mid-air or something while a guy in the dark of night mentions franz klammer from the 1970s.

I honestly don't know how anyone can watch anything other than a ballgame on ESPN, and even those are viewed on "Mute" most often in our household.

Flipping channels last week I came across an episode of TMZ. The delivery varies, but the level of content is no different than ESPN. SPORTSCENTER however still masquerades as a "sports news" source, so the skiggering snarknado mostly skips it's flagship show and is instead relegated to every other freaking thing they put on the air.

If he was a projected first round pick he would wait to come out. He has one of the best publicists in the nation on his team, Greg Lougainis was on sports radio talking about his role in the markerting machine. The funny thing is that he was saying how brave it was to come out in spite of the timing. I think the timing is bringing him hype and support. Wish him the best come draft day, but to assume this isn't an attempt to increase his profile and draft position i think is naive.

dunno...He's prolly worried that one of his teammates will leak it right before draft day, which could send his stock plummeting. At least this way it's not a big suprise.

Profile? Yes. But aside from his higher profile possibly making more people pay attention to his combine results, I don't see how how any of this helps his draft position.

To the contrary, he puts far more scrutiny on his tangibles, even though there's nothing about this news that shopuld bring them into question.

Teams draft for players who can play. I don't see anyone bumping him up on their board because the Rainbow Alliance will now buy the jerseys of a third-string LB.

Profile? Yes. But aside from his higher profile possibly making more people pay attention to his combine results, I don't see how how any of this helps his draft position.

To the contrary, he puts far more scrutiny on his tangibles, even though there's nothing about this news that shopuld bring them into question.

Teams draft for players who can play. I don't see anyone bumping him up on their board because the Rainbow Alliance will now buy the jerseys of a third-string LB.

Exactly. I heard him interviewed and he said that he told his entire Missouri team and staff before the season and he knew it was going to get out and he just wanted to be the one who announced it. He wanted to control it and be proactive rather than reactive.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know how anyone can watch anything other than a ballgame on ESPN, and even those are viewed on "Mute" most often in our household.

Flipping channels last week I came across an episode of TMZ. The delivery varies, but the level of content is no different than ESPN. SPORTSCENTER however still masquerades as a "sports news" source, so the skiggering snarknado mostly skips it's flagship show and is instead relegated to every other freaking thing they put on the air.

i like the games vitale does...if they are close....and only the last 12 minutes or so. my son watched nhra drag racing saturday night. that's worse than nascar. 4 seconds....that's how long a drag race lasts. and the show was an hour of 4-second races. they could get up to 400 mph if the race was a mile long. now, that would be worth watching. see....there are new things still to be come.

I really don't give a rip what anyone (look that one up for me, Honcho) does in the bedroom. Don't want to hear about it, so STFU and just live your life. If someone asks about it and you want to tell them, fine. But to do a big "LOOK AT ME, I LIKE GUYS BALLS BOUNCING OFF MY CHIN" seems unnecessary.

I would love for some guy to call a press conference to make a big announcement about his sexuality, and when throngs of reporters show up he just sez "I like wimmens". :music_guitarred:

Don't know the first thing about this guy, don't care. Ratsass if this helps or hurts his draft stock.

I do think the Tebow / Sam comparison in the vein of "extra media attention" is a sort of interesting sidebar. If a team or teams pass on him not because of "who" they are, but because they bring a bunch of unwanted media attention to the team, does it matter why? Would that be okay for teams to pass on a Tebow but not a Sam for the same reasons? :dunno:

I really don't give a rip what anyone (look that one up for me, Honcho) does in the bedroom. Don't want to hear about it, so STFU and just live your life. If someone asks about it and you want to tell them, fine. But to do a big "LOOK AT ME, I LIKE GUYS BALLS BOUNCING OFF MY CHIN" seems unnecessary.

I would love for some guy to call a press conference to make a big announcement about his sexuality, and when throngs of reporters show up he just sez "I like wimmens". :music_guitarred:

Don't know the first thing about this guy, don't care. Ratsass if this helps or hurts his draft stock.

RMFF!!! :banana:

The irony is that you should be thrilled this guy has decided to announce this time. The sooner the NFL gets an active player who is known to be gay, the sooner people will stop talking about it and the less reason the media will have to discuss someone's announcement that they are gay.

Come on, Mikey!

Deleting my post? What is this, Footballgays?

Total BS. If any post should of been deleted it was Smashmouths.

Total BS. If any post should of been deleted it was Smashmouths.

my gawd what a panzy crybaby you've become

The irony is that you should be thrilled this guy has decided to announce this time. The sooner the NFL gets an active player who is known to be gay, the sooner people will stop talking about it and the less reason the media will have to discuss someone's announcement that they are gay.

Why?

What part of 'I don't give a rip what anyone does in the bedroom" confuses you.

Maybe if you, the media, and this clown had the same attitude we wouldn't be hearing about this now. :dunno:

my gawd what a panzy crybaby you've become

This

If his draft stock falls, it will because teams dont want to deal with the pathetic media circus sure to come along with his heroism and bravery, not discrimination. But that wont stop the attention starved cry babies from playing the victim card.

this x10

Why?

What part of 'I don't give a rip what anyone does in the bedroom" confuses you.

Maybe if you, the media, and this clown had the same attitude we wouldn't be hearing about this now. :dunno:

You really don't seem to process thoughts very well. The fact that you are replying to this thread means that at some level you paid attention to it and obviously you would rather not hear about it at all. Until it happens, the media, bigots, gay activists, and even plenty of fans will keep asking stupid questions about what would happen if there was a gay NFL player. The longer it takes for it to happen, the longer we get to listen to the same crap. Once someone has done it, it will stop being a big deal and thus the media will lose interest in it, thus you will not have to listen to big news stories about some athlete announcing they are gay.

having a young son that watches ESPN all the time, between the marcus smart never-ending highlight reel of his deflected outrage over his poor play, and then this news this morning that didn't need to shared, i had to turn the tv off.

This.

Do we really have to be subjected to non-stop talk about a guy who is gay? Seriously....who gives a fvck? I'll use the power of the remote and change the channel. ESPN sucks anyway. Liberal, Jew run television. :thumbsdown: