Sign in to follow this  
MDC

I'm so old, I had these players on my fantasy team ...

Warren Moon and Carl Pickens :lol:

I also had Fred Taylor his rookie year and Mike Alstott when he was fantasy relevant.

How bout you?

Natrone Means,my dumbass actually traded Barry Sanders for him and on Thanksgiving Day Barry had like 3-4 td's and a rather large rushing total.

AGAINST ME :cry:

My first year in FF the Rams were still in L.A. and the Oilers were still in Houston...1993.

Natrone Means,my dumbass actually traded Barry Sanders for him and on Thanksgiving Day Barry had like 3-4 td's and a rather large rushing total.

AGAINST ME :cry:

I'll see your Natrone Means and raise you a Marion Butts.

Torry Holt....

I drafted Jerome Bettis when he was a rookie fullback coming out of Notre Dame.

edit: 1993.

pickens, eddie george, erict rhett, terry allen

stan humphries, tony martin, dorsey levens

I didn't have him myself, but I laughed at the guy that took Tony Dorsett (Denver RB) in the third round (1988)

Part of my team my first year:

John Elway

Terrell Davis

Rod Smith

Ed McCaffery

Shannon Sharpe

Jason Elam

1998 - Crushed everyone

First ever pick was Jerry Rice, followed that up with Steve Young during the '94 season. Lost league championship when Young and Rice took off most of the last week of season. :(

Sterling Sharpe & Edgar Bennett

Christian Okoye was the first ever pick in my fantasy league. Others I remember:

Eric Rhett

Charlie Garner

Terry Allen

Kariim Abdul Jabbar

Jamal Anderson

Eric Moulds

First year my first two picks

Warren Moon

Cris Carter

Not quite as old as you guys, but I remember my very first live Fantasy Draft, I remember reading....probably on this site to go RB/RB back then. I had the turn 12/13 and went:

Stephen Davis / Fred Taylor

I think I had Eric Moulds on that team too.

Red Grange, The Gipper, The four horseman and Jim Thorpe. Not much passing points in those days. It was a 20 point per reception league.

ETA - Whoops forgot that my phurphur alias is suspended.

Christian Okoye was the first ever pick in my fantasy league. Others I remember:

Kariim Abdul Jabbar

How many points for a skyhook?

laugh it up - I'm not talking about the Karim that played Roger Murdoch and didn't hustle back on defense - this is legit man. This guy was a MIA running back - had a great rookie (or second) season in the 90s and garnered some fantasy relevance.

edit - holy crap, that's like 20 years ago... did somebody say Newbie's kid is in college now? wow.

My 1st 2 picks, Steve Young and Jamal Anderson.

:thumbsdown: Both lost for the season by week 3.

:thumbsup: Won the Championship.

my first pick was priest holmes...i haven't been in it for that long.

now, i'm out again because it ruined football for me. last year, i just watched the broncos and didn't have to care what the jets or the bills or the ravens etc were doing. it was nice to be done with it.

I joined a keeper league and inherited Mark Brunel and Dorsey Levens. Traded Levens for Marshall Faulk the year he was traded to the Rams. Whatever year that was, was my first year. 98?

First year was 1994. I had Thurman Thomas, Rodney Hampton, and Sterling Sharpe.

I joined a keeper league and inherited Mark Brunel and Dorsey Levens. Traded Levens for Marshall Faulk the year he was traded to the Rams. Whatever year that was, was my first year. 98?

First team with my dad he ended up picking Kurt Warner off the waivers right after Trent Green went down in 99. We also had Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor among others that year. Absolutely annihilated the league.

I think 2(or 3) years later I saved up enough money to get my own team. I pick Priest Holmes with the last first in the first round, followed by Travis Henry. I can't remember every player off the top of my head, but all of my starters were top 8 at their positions and I ran over everyone until the SB, the week after Priest went down for the season after a 54 yard carry against Denver that I was watching live. Ended up losing to a guy who barely got into the playoffs by like 4 points.

Luckily I still made a lot of money because we rewarded the top point getter in the season as much as the SB winner(along with some money for getting the most points in a single week, among other little things). IMO, I think the person with the most points over the whole season has the best team and should be rewarded as such. Very few people think this and I haven't played seriously again since that league disbanded, and all because my first team would not of won anything if we did not do that and I refuse to put any serious money in a league if the best team isn't rewarded because of reasons outside of their control.

I took Peter Warrick in the first round in my first year :lol:

I obviously didn't know what the fock I was doing :wave:

Miami had a starting RB with (nearly) the same name as the basketball legend. I never had him on my team and if I recall he was kinda pedestrian at yardage but had a nose for the goalline. A 4th round type talent at best.

Miami had a starting RB with (nearly) the same name as the basketball legend. I never had him on my team and if I recall he was kinda pedestrian at yardage but had a nose for the goalline. A 4th round type talent at best.

Karim Abdul-Jabbar, over 1,100yds as a rookie. Seems like I had him every year he was with the Dolphins.

From Wiki:

Al-Jabbar was drafted in the third round of the 1996 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins, with whom he would play three and a half seasons. In his rookie year, he set many of the Dolphins' rookie records for rushing by a running back. He became only the second Dolphin to lead the team in rushing in each of his first two seasons in the league. In 1997, he led the NFL in total touchdowns with 16 and tied Denver Broncos running back Terrell Davis for the league lead with 15 rushing TDs. Afterwards his productivity decreased. In 1999, the Dolphins traded him to the Cleveland Browns for a third round draft pick in the 2000 NFL Draft; while he did put up some decent numbers, it was not enough to earn himself a contract extension. [1].

This is my 20th season being commish of my 10 team league. 6 of the 10 owners (including me) played all twenty years. Wow.

I won it all one year with Mike Allstot getting 3 or 4 TDs on MNF. I needed like 10 points going into the game and won huge

Jim Everett

I got Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice one year when they were 1,2 in TDs scored. Fools were all taking QBs cause they scored the most. I reaped the spoils of value based drafting by figuring it out myself.

:music_guitarred:

Ki-jana Carter... lots of draft hype one year. I think the guy who drafted him also had Karim Abdul Jabbar and a bunch of other funky-named players

Remember Trung Canidate? That was the first guy I ever touted out of Arizona. He was fast, but he was not a football player.

My first team

Jim Everret

Barry Sanders

Barry Foster

Carl Pickens

Alvin Harper

Jay Novacek