Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Isn't seattle filled with degenerate smelly losers anyway ? 

Yep.  Seattle is a very progressive liberal city.

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Meaning tent cities filled with lazy millennials. 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Well Coronas for all then :cheers:

Just now, drobeski said:

Well Coronas for all then :cheers:

City could definitely use a bit of herd thinning. Hopefully when I decide to head back downtown to my office I'll no longer have to watch the junkies shoot up in the bus stop across the street. <fingers crossed>

29 minutes ago, DonS said:

City could definitely use a bit of herd thinning. Hopefully when I decide to head back downtown to my office I'll no longer have to watch the junkies shoot up in the bus stop across the street. <fingers crossed>

I thought it was already happening.  Naomi?

6 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Have we lost any geeks to this yet?

A certain notable someone has been missing for a few days. :banana:

33 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

A certain notable someone has been missing for a few days. :banana:

I think you're confusing COVID-19 with AIDS. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Is it true, it's a virtual ghost town in normal high traffic areas as some reports say?

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Is it true, it's a virtual ghost town in normal high traffic areas as some reports say?

Can't say for certain as Ive just been working from home this week. As a privileged white male I have no need to go into the office and deal with a packed bus every morning and evening.  My coworker said that he can definitely see less traffic on the roads, though.  Emerald City Comicon is this weekend and it sounds like several vendors/celebs have canceled and a lot of people are getting refunds. 

I'll be heading to the Sounders match on Saturday so will be interesting to see how much (if any) attendance is affected.  Didn't seem to impact the match this past Sunday. 

(Yes, I'm 100% ghey because I like soccer. I even buy overpriced phaggot IPAs when I'm at CenturyLink.  😘)

On 3/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, jerryskids said:

This is indeed odd.  Didn't SF declare a state of emergency?  The city of Phoenix owns/runs/manages Sky Harbor airport, does SF run SFO?  It seems like they would be doing something.  :unsure:

I believe SFO is run by the Airport Authority. 

Also, I wouldn't put it past SF to declare a state of emergency simply for funding purposes. 

However, there is currently a cruise ship being held off the coast while passengers get tested. So it seems they are doing something. Just not at the airport for some reason. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

I believe SFO is run by the Airport Authority. 

Also, I wouldn't put it past SF to declare a state of emergency simply for funding purposes. 

However, there is currently a cruise ship being held off the coast while passengers get tested. So it seems they are doing something. Just not at the airport for some reason. 

I don't know the exact relationship between Phoenix and the airport, other than the Phoenix City Council voted to gouge ride share companies at the airport (my councilman was one of two to oppose, yay!), and Uber and Lyft told them to go fock themselves, and they're having a no-blink contest at the moment.  

But it seems like, if Phoenix had declared a state of emergency, they'd be doing something at the airport.  :dunno:

I think Pelosi is willing to let SF take a bullet for the goal of trying to get rid of Trump. She just won't allow herself to be in harms way. Maybe she stays in Washington if not behind the security at her own home.

As a matter of fat I think she is having custom commemorative pens being created for those signing death certificates.

This Boomer seems to have pretty good information. He predicts 60-80% of all people will get this virus.

7 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Have we lost any geeks to this yet?

Maybe this is what happened to Newbie?

35 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I believe this to be true. If the virus does become something much bigger they want their share of the funding now. 

Watch AOC tell everyone to wash their hands and not touch their face, while she touches her face over and over:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Emerald City Comicon is this weekend and it sounds like several vendors/celebs have canceled and a lot of people are getting refunds. 

Update:  ECCC has officially been postponed to a later date this summer. 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Update:  ECCC has officially been postponed to a later date this summer. 

Now that, is the saddest part of all of this virus crap. Who doesn't want to see some of this to lift their mood:

https://www.google.com/search?q=comic+con+hotties&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS841US841&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=hFa82awEdJjhEM%3A%2C_bJgVG2VL17eLM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSj75QLHYM9i2FFL0Lx8TQzHeaKNQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7svaHwIboAhWml-AKHf2fDn8Q9QEwAnoECAkQJg#imgrc=a2CKDoCMJ_9HHM

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Watch AOC tell everyone to wash their hands and not touch their face, while she touches her face over and over:

I'd like to touch her face with my hand.

11 minutes ago, blick said:

I'd like to touch her face with my hand.

She can touch any part of me she wants without washing her hands.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

As she touches her face like fifty times.

She's a vain, dum-dum. Even an ardent lib knows that. Still, she has a use.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

She's a vain, dum-dum. Even an ardent lib knows that. Still, she has a use.

As a cvm dumpster perhaps, but that's about it. 

26 minutes ago, DonS said:

As a cvm dumpster perhaps, but that's about it. 

I don't get how some people are so drawn to horse-faced dirty slut bunnies.

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't get how some people are so drawn to horse-faced dirty slut bunnies.

That's a YOU problem I'd say.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's a YOU problem I'd say.  :dunno:

Nope. I never had a problem with dismissing ugly bltches. I always went with the good looking smart ones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Nope. I never had a problem with dismissing ugly bltches. I always went with the good looking smart ones.

What about a young Nancy Pelosi?  I bet she was a hottie and you just know that she was into some naughty sh!t.  She is almost 80 and she still kinda turns me on.  

On 3/6/2020 at 5:46 AM, DonS said:

What about me?  I'm at ground zero!!! 

We only believe all women, not all men. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

horse-faced dirty slut bunnies.

:wub:

11 hours ago, nobody said:

Funny, no offense to DonS, but I just happened to see this morning...on Twitter, that yes, commute in Seattle very light. This was linked: https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/seattles-morning-rush-hour-gridlock-vanishes-amid-coronavirus-preps

12 hours ago, Gladiators said:

I thought it was already happening.  Naomi?

The first person known to have COVID19 in WA was news almost 7 weeks ago. Last week it was revealed through genetic sequencing that people infected now can be related back to that person. Not that everyone with it must relate back to him through a chain of transmission, but the bottom line is, as far as what's actually known, there's been nearly 7 weeks of transmission.

Seattle's mayor echoes that and is saying they believe they have many more cases on their hands, and are just waiting for testing to confirm what is widely suspected. She also talked with Pence about the need for respirators.

On the testing front, and hopefully this dynamic changes this weekend:

12 hours ago, naomi said:

Funny, no offense to DonS, but I just happened to see this morning...on Twitter, that yes, commute in Seattle very light. This was linked: https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/seattles-morning-rush-hour-gridlock-vanishes-amid-coronavirus-preps

No offense taken :thumbsup:

I wish traffic was like that everyday.  The good thing about Seattle is that there are a ton of tech jobs - like mine - that makes working from home easy.  It's not like people drive into Seattle for shopping anymore thanks to the astronomical cost / shortage of parking and the general decline thanks to the lack of law enforcement directed by City Hall. 

I'm guessing that the scene down in the city is more like "zombie town" than "ghost town".  With regular folks staying home the majority of people still milling about downtown will be the drug addicted homeless shuffling about. 

12 hours ago, naomi said:

The first person known to have COVID19 in WA was news almost 7 weeks ago. Last week it was revealed through genetic sequencing that people infected now can be related back to that person. Not that everyone with it must relate back to him through a chain of transmission, but the bottom line is, as far as what's actually known, there's been nearly 7 weeks of transmission.

Seattle's mayor echoes that and is saying they believe they have many more cases on their hands, and are just waiting for testing to confirm what is widely suspected. She also talked with Pence about the need for respirators.

On the testing front, and hopefully this dynamic changes this weekend:

Doctors ordering tests seems like a ridiculous waste of resources to me. Can you imagine every doctor ordering tests for any patient that demands it?

http://archive.is/saiwF

China seems to have gotten a lid on the virus... according to official numbers. A lot of people aren't making enough money to pay their bills, so that's an issue.

On a more personal note in that regard, we were told that we were not required to pay rent for February or March, but I don't know the specifics of that. 

At Sounders match.  Avg attendance is ~40K.  I'm going to guess that it's maybe a little less than half that tonight. 

Update:  more like 3/4.  Not much different than some mid week matches. 

https://postimg.cc/bGPKVdbS