Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

8 hours ago, DonS said:

At Sounders match.  Avg attendance is ~40K.  I'm going to guess that it's maybe a little less than half that tonight. 

Update:  more like 3/4.  Not much different than some mid week matches. 

https://postimg.cc/bGPKVdbS

Did you all die yet? I mean, there are a whole 426 people in the US that have caught this over the last month. 19 of the 330,000,000  people in this country died from it. 

That's like a slow weekend of shootings on the south and west sides of Chicago. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, DonS said:

At Sounders match.  Avg attendance is ~40K.  I'm going to guess that it's maybe a little less than half that tonight. 

Update:  more like 3/4.  Not much different than some mid week matches. 

https://postimg.cc/bGPKVdbS

The way Naomi’s tweeter friends sound this can’t be true.  No one should be in attendance.  

Just one example of how disgusting the media in this country is.

Take your blinders off and read this thread.

6 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

The way Naomi’s tweeter friends sound this can’t be true.  No one should be in attendance.  

To be fair initially it seemed like attendance was going to be way down.  Normally the main concourse / food area is packed prior to the start and it was quite noticibly less full, and some of the food and drink options were closed.  Apparently some folks just decided to forego pre match festivities but still showed up for the game.

Speaking of media coverage, this is what ESPN reported:  https://www.espn.com/soccer/seattle-sounders-fc/story/4069706/seattle-sounders-see-smaller-crowd-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

Yes, the March To The Match was smaller but to compare it to the turnout for MLS Cup and NOT actually comment on final turnout within the stadium is some bullsh1t reporting. 

Edit:  just found the stats for attendance.  33,080.  Listed at bottom of stat recap: https://www.espn.com/soccer/match?gameId=561815

From the article stating the doomsday turnout:

The Sounders typically don't have any problems drawing between 35,000 and 40,000 for their home MLS matches at CenturyLink Field. But many fans responded to the outbreak by being absent for Saturday's match against the Columbus Crew.

18 minutes ago, DonS said:

To be fair initially it seemed like attendance was going to be way down.  Normally the main concourse / food area is packed prior to the start and it was quite noticibly less full, and some of the food and drink options were closed.  Apparently some folks just decided to forego pre match festivities but still showed up for the game.

Speaking of media coverage, this is what ESPN reported:  https://www.espn.com/soccer/seattle-sounders-fc/story/4069706/seattle-sounders-see-smaller-crowd-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

Yes, the March To The Match was smaller but to compare it to the turnout for MLS Cup and NOT actually comment on final turnout within the stadium is some bullsh1t reporting. 

Edit:  just found the stats for attendance.  33, 080.  Listed at bottom of stat recap: https://www.espn.com/soccer/match?gameId=561815

From the article stating the doomsday turnout:

I’m shaking my head at how bad the media wants us to live in terror.

We need to follow Italy's example and move from reactive to proactive.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Did you all die yet? I mean, there are a whole 426 people in the US that have caught this over the last month. 19 of the 330,000,000  people in this country died from it. 

That's like a slow weekend of shootings on the south and west sides of Chicago. 

We need to get all those losers infected.

9 minutes ago, lod001 said:

We need to get all those losers infected.

Hmm.... Good idea. 🤔 

All of northern Italy shut down.  Hopefully, we don't become losers like them and deny travel in and out of the west coast.  

This is a sever flu, it is going to spread throughout the population. What the government is doing is trying to slow the spread of the virus so our medical facilities are not over run. Until a vaccine or remedy is discovered that is all they can do. If you are young and/or healthy you have very little to worry about. 

Italy currently sitting at a 5% mortality rate and they are testing like crazy. Last I read the vast majority of the tests are coming back negative.

The whole country is on lockdown. This virus has now crippled the 2nd and 8th largest economies in the world.

I did watch Pence's briefing today and he said all the right things. Reimbursing small businesses for sick leave is a smart thing right now. If we can do that along with more testing and get both of those online quickly then that would be a good thing for the economy.

23 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

This is a sever flu, it is going to spread throughout the population. What the government is doing is trying to slow the spread of the virus so our medical facilities are not over run. Until a vaccine or remedy is discovered that is all they can do. If you are young and/or healthy you have very little to worry about. 

Except for passing it along to somebody who is not.

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

One would hope that if someone becomes sick they would stay away from others, especially those at risk.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

One would hope that if someone becomes sick they would stay away from others, especially those at risk.

Except we already know that is not happening with people breaking quarantine to attend stuff like Father/Daughter dances.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Agreed, but we know you can be contagious without showing symptoms (yet).  .  And I do think people need to chill out....the media is really driving up the panic.

I also think the folks who just brush it off like its nothing or just the flu and have a "who cares!" nothing to see approach are being willingly obtuse.  Those people are generally middle aged healthy people who are apparently only worried about themselves.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Except we already know that is not happening with people breaking quarantine to attend stuff like Father/Daughter dances.

That guy and anyone else in his family that went should be prosecuted

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Agreed, but we know you can be contagious without showing symptoms (yet).  .  And I do think people need to chill out....the media is really driving up the panic.

I also think the folks who just brush it off like its nothing or just the flu and have a "who cares!" nothing to see approach are being willingly obtuse.  Those people are generally middle aged healthy people who are apparently only worried about themselves.

That is where I am at.  The media is overplaying things because it gets clicks.  The people who are hoarding should be punched in the face and so are the people who think it is nothing.  It is somewhere in the middle.  We need to treat it like it is a big deal, but it shouldn't be shutting everything down.  

I am knee deep in Business Continuity addendums for dealing with a Pandemic.  Necessary, I guess, but a little silly at this point in time.  I think that it is driven a lot by fear and I blame the media and The Walking Dead for that.  :o

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

:lol:

That is what we are dealing with.  Of course, I do want to punch the guy taking the video for not using landscape.  :mad: 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Of course, I do want to punch the guy taking the video for not using landscape.  :mad: 

Yeah WTF.  That's what I took away from all this. 

36 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Guess I missed this story. Where was this? 

30 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is where I am at.  The media is overplaying things because it gets clicks.  The people who are hoarding should be punched in the face and so are the people who think it is nothing.  It is somewhere in the middle.  We need to treat it like it is a big deal, but it shouldn't be shutting everything down.  

I am knee deep in Business Continuity addendums for dealing with a Pandemic.  Necessary, I guess, but a little silly at this point in time.  I think that it is driven a lot by fear and I blame the media and The Walking Dead for that.  :o

The media's motivation isn't just clicks, it to sway votes. It has been for quite a while. 

People bought all the toilet paper because every time someone sneezes, everyone around them shiots their pants.  

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

People bought all the toilet paper because every time someone sneezes, everyone around them shiots their pants.  

If I get stuck in a quarantine and I run out of toilet paper, I can just use a face cloth or hop in the shower.  This isn't going to be some sort of Armageddon.  :dunno:

12 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

It's true, I have seasonal allergies and when I sneeze people stare at me now like I'm a Leper.  :lol:

I may stop taking my Zyrtec this spring just for the hilarity.

With that said, if you do sneeze / runny nose, its probably NOT the Coronavirus and just allergies or a run of the mill cold.  Coronavirus is sore throat, cough, fever, respiratory. 

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

The media's motivation isn't just clicks, it to sway votes. It has been for quite a while. 

😂 😂 😂 🤡 

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

If I get stuck in a quarantine and I run out of toilet paper, I can just use a face cloth or hop in the shower.  This isn't going to be some sort of Armageddon.  :dunno:

I’d rather use an @ss cloth personally.