supermike80

New official "I contracted Corona Virus Thread"

My 24 yo daughter tested positive last week. The previous week, a co-worker of hers had symptoms, and got tested. My daughter came home on March 20th to do her laundry. I hugged her hello, and ate lunch with her at the kitchen table, and hugged her goodbye, all the while kind of joking about coronavirus. The next day, she came down with a fever and chills, and also found out her co-worker tested positive. My daughter took the test last Monday, and found out on Thursday it was positive. She's fine now, just a scratchy throat. Her live-in boyfriend went to get tested, found out he had a $100 co-pay, said screw it, and went home without getting tested. He's feeling fine, but assumes he has it, so he's self-quarantining.

I have a slight scratchy throat and dry cough myself, but no fever. The wife just feels tired all the time, but no fever. If this is all it is, I'm hoping I have COVID-19, just to get it over with and get some immunity.

Talked to a friend from out of state who's wife got tested because she was in contract with a family member who has it. She tested positive for it last week. She has asthma and the only signs she she has shown so far is that she can't taste her food. Nothing else. I never knew that was a symptom, but I guess it is.  He hasn't had any symptoms to date.

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Talked to a friend from out of state who's wife got tested because she was in contract with a family member who has it. She tested positive for it last week. She has asthma and the only signs she she has shown so far is that she can't taste her food. Nothing else. I never knew that was a symptom, but I guess it is.  He hasn't had any symptoms to date.

I just found out about the taste symptom as well.  Another example that we are still in the early stages of this.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just found out about the taste symptom as well.  Another example that we are still in the early stages of this.

Yeah, I've read it's sense of smell, also.

20 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

My 24 yo daughter tested positive last week. The previous week, a co-worker of hers had symptoms, and got tested. My daughter came home on March 20th to do her laundry. I hugged her hello, and ate lunch with her at the kitchen table, and hugged her goodbye, all the while kind of joking about coronavirus. The next day, she came down with a fever and chills, and also found out her co-worker tested positive. My daughter took the test last Monday, and found out on Thursday it was positive. She's fine now, just a scratchy throat. Her live-in boyfriend went to get tested, found out he had a $100 co-pay, said screw it, and went home without getting tested. He's feeling fine, but assumes he has it, so he's self-quarantining.

I have a slight scratchy throat and dry cough myself, but no fever. The wife just feels tired all the time, but no fever. If this is all it is, I'm hoping I have COVID-19, just to get it over with and get some immunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Thornton here is our first confirmed member with direct exposure now that riversco is in the clear. Hopefully you don't qualify as our first case entirely.

As for your daughter I wish her the best as well as you and the other close ones she's been with. Good luck.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Hope all goes ok.

Thanks, guys. I'm doing well so far. I just wish I knew one way or the other whether I have it. Like I said, I've been kind of hoping I have it, but then I'll read a story about someone who had mild or no symptoms, then a few days later, they're dead.😲

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Thanks, guys. I'm doing well so far. I just wish I knew one way or the other whether I have it. Like I said, I've been kind of hoping I have it, but then I'll read a story about someone who had mild or no symptoms, then a few days later, they're dead.😲

That’s just propaganda to keep people home and sell more ad space to Frank Thomas Nugenix and other pharmaceutical ads. You will be fine and it’s a good thing to get this and be done with it.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That could be disastrous.

2 things:

1) I didn't interpret it that way.  They say the people weren't symptomatic the second time and it didn't appear there is any spreading of it.

2) I'm not sure any of the information can be trusted.

Any updates?

I still know of no one directly.  Know a few people through some other people, but thats it.

I know no one who has had it.  Wife says names of people on fb who know someone who works with someone who..yadda yadda...

No one I know.  Only 17 deaths in my county and 14 were in the same prison.  We have alot of prison deaths due to Corona in my county.

Knock on wood...

Still know no one. Know no one who knows one. I said earlier my uncle's death called Covid, without a test mind you, and he was on death's door. More fiction than fact, this disease.

27 cases in our county so far. 19 have recovered and 3 deaths so only 5 active.

I was talking to a woman at work yesterday who had it but was cleared a couple weeks ago. She has asthma problems so said it was awful on her.

I live in New Jersey and we are getting butt-focked pretty hard with this thing.  However, I am in South Jersey; while there are still a ton of cases around here, there are not nearly as many as up North.  None of my friends and family have gotten this, as we are pretty much staying home and riding this thing out.

Not a single one.   Two cases in my county and by the looks of it Minnesota's focking governor doesn't have a clue on what he's doing so my summer is prolly shot.  :mad:

NYC is gonna end up focking us for this. We'll be in the clear in our county for months and we'll still be shutdown because we're in the same state as that sh1thole. I'm closer to Michigan then I am to NYC FFS :mad:

Knock on wood, that my family has avoided it (as far as we know).  Have a friend who recovered from it but, based on his underlying conditions, I have no idea how.  He is 78, fat as all get out and has congestive heart failure, amongst many other things.  Spent 7 days in the hospital and went home the other day.  :dunno:

Some people at work have had it and are heading towards recovery.  Some at work have had relatives die in various places around the country.  

I thought the whole purpose of the lockdown was to flatten the curve and make sure hospitals could prepare for a surge in patients?  Not to try and keep everyone from getting this shiot.  <_< 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I live in New Jersey and we are getting butt-focked pretty hard with this thing.  However, I am in South Jersey; while there are still a ton of cases around here, there are not nearly as many as up North.  None of my friends and family have gotten this, as we are pretty much staying home and riding this thing out.

im in south jersey too. similar to dane111717,  the north (basically NYC) is focking this all up for us.

still don't know anyone who has it. only coworker's dad's coworker's brother rumors

51 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

im in south jersey too. similar to dane111717,  the north (basically NYC) is focking this all up for us.

still don't know anyone who has it. only coworker's dad's coworker's brother rumors

The only one I know that has it is my neighbor on the next block who I’ve met twice in my life, so we aren’t exactly close.  Even being in South Jersey, there are a lot of cases to go around.  The wawa that I go to (it’s 2 minutes from my house) shut down on April 2nd.  One of the employees got it; their last day worked was March 31.  If I had been going about my normal routine, I would have been there several times while they were there.

I notice a trend on social media is that if you tend to want to open things up, no one you know has had it.  If you want to keep everything shut down you have 3 friends who died another 3 who barely made it.

I don't know if people are just making up their own diagnosis like TimmySmith or if they just form their opinions because of their experience.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I notice a trend on social media is that if you tend to want to open things up, no one you know has had it.  If you want to keep everything shut down you have 3 friends who died another 3 who barely made it.

I don't know if people are just making up their own diagnosis like TimmySmith or if they just form their opinions because of their experience.

That sounds about right.

Don’t know anyone who has it and no one they know either. I do know of a couple people saying they know someone but are just lying to seem interesting.

I know someone who died from it earlier this week.  He was 82 and was in pretty good shape for his age. His wife also has it but is still alive and is in worse shape from a general health perspective then her husband was.  Some of you guys from the MA/New England area may remember them from their commercials 10-20 years ago, Bernie & Phyl's Furniture Discount Store.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patriotledger.com/news/20200414/bernie-amp-phyls-founder-dies-of-coronavirus-complications%3ftemplate=ampart

Im sure some of us had it in Dec/Jan but didnt think much of it.  My wife was sick back in Jan/Feb and had high fever/severe aches/persistent cough/ and couldnt get out of bed for over a week.  Shes never been sick like that.  A few days later, I had milder symptoms but also had pink eye.  WTF?  Ive never had pink eye.  It wasnt until recently that I discovered pink eye is a symptom. 

I talked to a guy who works at a local hospital here in LA and he says they currently have 30 patients quarantined in the building and 3 people died this week.  Overall he said the number of cases was in the hundreds at that hospital.

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Im sure some of us had it in Dec/Jan but didnt think much of it.  My wife was sick back in Jan/Feb and had high fever/severe aches/persistent cough/ and couldnt get out of bed for over a week.  Shes never been sick like that.  A few days later, I had milder symptoms but also had pink eye.  WTF?  Ive never had pink eye.  It wasnt until recently that I discovered pink eye is a symptom. 

Absolutely, same sort of thing happened around my area. Bunch of high school kids sick but, not testing positive for the flu.

Luckily not yet, and given that I have been all over NIH I am a little surprised

35 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I know someone who died from it earlier this week.  He was 82 and was in pretty good shape for his age. His wife also has it but is still alive and is in worse shape from a general health perspective then her husband was.  Some of you guys from the MA/New England area may remember them from their commercials 10-20 years ago, Bernie & Phyl's Furniture Discount Store.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patriotledger.com/news/20200414/bernie-amp-phyls-founder-dies-of-coronavirus-complications%3ftemplate=ampart

I'm sitting on a couch right now that I bought at Bernie and Phyl's 😲

16 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I'm sitting on a couch right now that I bought at Bernie and Phyl's 😲

Tip a 40oz for Bernie :bandana:

• Like 1

I know 2 guys who have had it and recovered. In my zip code there are 23,000 people. As of Easter Sunday there were 122 positive and 10 deaths. And now its at 145 positive and 16 dead...6 dead in 5 days 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

What?

I don't know want one first or second hand. Always my brothers, friends, aunt.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:42 PM, MTSkiBum said:

Youngest brother was tested today, I am not sure when he will get the results. He had to go to the hospital today for a bad dry cough that has lingered for over a week. The doctor gave him an asthma inhaler i believe.

Thankfully he is only 28.

He tested positive, but got over it last week. His wife was not tested but she probably had it as well and also recovered.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

He tested positive, but got over it last week. His wife was not tested but she probably had it as well and also recovered.

Glad he is okay and so is his wife. We need lots of people who have recovered. I hope they have grossly underestimated the number of people who were already infected.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What?

Point 1: There seems to be two groups forming.  The first group are people who think we should open up the economy ASAP.  The second group seems to we should hunker down until the virus is gone.

Let me know if this part makes sense.

Point 2: What I'm noticing is that people have anecdotal experiences that seem to confirm their belief.  (I'm basically, saying they might be lying).  I pointed to TimmySmith saying that doctor's said his uncle died of COVID, but he's saying his uncle didn't, and people on social media saying that they personally know several people who died.

Point 3: Instead of just saying these people are lying to support their beliefs, I'm considering the option that instead of putting forth alternative facts to support their beliefs, these people may have formed their beliefs based on their true life experiences

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I wish I could test myself after the fact.

January I was sick felt week. Sick again in February, chills, weak and a super bad cough that just went away last week.

My wife who gets the flu shot was also sick in January and February.