Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

New official "I contracted Corona Virus Thread"

My 24 yo daughter tested positive last week. The previous week, a co-worker of hers had symptoms, and got tested. My daughter came home on March 20th to do her laundry. I hugged her hello, and ate lunch with her at the kitchen table, and hugged her goodbye, all the while kind of joking about coronavirus. The next day, she came down with a fever and chills, and also found out her co-worker tested positive. My daughter took the test last Monday, and found out on Thursday it was positive. She's fine now, just a scratchy throat. Her live-in boyfriend went to get tested, found out he had a $100 co-pay, said screw it, and went home without getting tested. He's feeling fine, but assumes he has it, so he's self-quarantining.

I have a slight scratchy throat and dry cough myself, but no fever. The wife just feels tired all the time, but no fever. If this is all it is, I'm hoping I have COVID-19, just to get it over with and get some immunity.

Talked to a friend from out of state who's wife got tested because she was in contract with a family member who has it. She tested positive for it last week. She has asthma and the only signs she she has shown so far is that she can't taste her food. Nothing else. I never knew that was a symptom, but I guess it is.  He hasn't had any symptoms to date.

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Talked to a friend from out of state who's wife got tested because she was in contract with a family member who has it. She tested positive for it last week. She has asthma and the only signs she she has shown so far is that she can't taste her food. Nothing else. I never knew that was a symptom, but I guess it is.  He hasn't had any symptoms to date.

I just found out about the taste symptom as well.  Another example that we are still in the early stages of this.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just found out about the taste symptom as well.  Another example that we are still in the early stages of this.

Yeah, I've read it's sense of smell, also.

20 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

My 24 yo daughter tested positive last week. The previous week, a co-worker of hers had symptoms, and got tested. My daughter came home on March 20th to do her laundry. I hugged her hello, and ate lunch with her at the kitchen table, and hugged her goodbye, all the while kind of joking about coronavirus. The next day, she came down with a fever and chills, and also found out her co-worker tested positive. My daughter took the test last Monday, and found out on Thursday it was positive. She's fine now, just a scratchy throat. Her live-in boyfriend went to get tested, found out he had a $100 co-pay, said screw it, and went home without getting tested. He's feeling fine, but assumes he has it, so he's self-quarantining.

I have a slight scratchy throat and dry cough myself, but no fever. The wife just feels tired all the time, but no fever. If this is all it is, I'm hoping I have COVID-19, just to get it over with and get some immunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Thornton here is our first confirmed member with direct exposure now that riversco is in the clear. Hopefully you don't qualify as our first case entirely.

As for your daughter I wish her the best as well as you and the other close ones she's been with. Good luck.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Hope all goes ok.

Thanks, guys. I'm doing well so far. I just wish I knew one way or the other whether I have it. Like I said, I've been kind of hoping I have it, but then I'll read a story about someone who had mild or no symptoms, then a few days later, they're dead.😲

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Thanks, guys. I'm doing well so far. I just wish I knew one way or the other whether I have it. Like I said, I've been kind of hoping I have it, but then I'll read a story about someone who had mild or no symptoms, then a few days later, they're dead.😲

That’s just propaganda to keep people home and sell more ad space to Frank Thomas Nugenix and other pharmaceutical ads. You will be fine and it’s a good thing to get this and be done with it.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That could be disastrous.

2 things:

1) I didn't interpret it that way.  They say the people weren't symptomatic the second time and it didn't appear there is any spreading of it.

2) I'm not sure any of the information can be trusted.