IGotWorms

Afghanistan

41 minutes ago, MDC said:

You should be happy to see Sleepy Joe deliver on Trump’s promise. :thumbsup: 

Except that he did it wrong, its fine to do it of course, but he again behaved stupidly.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Meh no worries..According to CNN, the Taliban has a "bizarre sort of mystique"  so I'm sure everything will be fine

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnns-clarissa-ward-interviews-taliban-144944884.html

True. The article does highlight some positives:

Ward said those out on the street are "mainly" Taliban, and that there are notably "far fewer women" roaming about than normal. In fact, Ward said she herself was asked to step back. "They've just told me to stand to the side because I'm a woman."

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Drop of a hat? It’s been 20 years :wacko:

So why didn't Biden do it 6 months ago? Or 9 years ago? 

Do you have an answer?

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

True. The article does highlight some positives:

Isn't that hilarious?   She states this, then follows up with the mystique comment.  Which to me makes me think she likes to get slapped around a bit now and again.  Knows her place

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

This feels like a setup...

Correct.  My prediction was that the Dems would fabricate a way to push Biden out and pave the way for Harris to take over.  This might be the thing they use to take him down....

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Except that he did it wrong, its fine to do it of course, but he again behaved stupidly.

I know. Trump just said that Trump would have done a much better job of delivering on Trump’s broken promise to leave Afghanistan. 

:( 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fault in order:

Bush

Obama/ Biden

Trump. 

Is this more referring to Biden in his capacity as VP?

Whatever happened to all the centrist voters around here? You know, the ones that didn’t vote for Hillary, Trump or Biden? I would like to hear their take on things. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Is this more referring to Biden in his capacity as VP?

Is his time as VP not relevant? 

Does anyone have troop numbers in Afghanistan over the years/administration?

While Trump didn't pull US completely out he definitely oversaw a draw down.  Our company maintained 3 sites in country for data collection for well over a decade.   That came to an end in 2019/2020 as the military sites they were located on and supported packed up (and was not covid related) .

it's obvious most people don't have problem getting out of there....it's how we left. jesus. and where is the retard to at least give a statement???? are you focking kidding????

focking retard needs 3 days to prepare an address and will still probably be incoherent.  what a focking joke.

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is his time as VP not relevant? 

I wasn’t disagreeing.  Just clarifying

Just now, TimHauck said:

I wasn’t disagreeing.  Just clarifying

I had the same question.  I think he deserves his own line as POTUS in addition to VP. 

1 hour ago, Scary Gary said:

Has this been posted ?

That's alot of brown people willing to die to get to racist America.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I thought for grievance scale purposes that these folks qualify as "white". :dunno:

Just now, DonS said:

I thought for grievance scale purposes that these folks qualify as "white". :dunno:

Eh...u may be right.  I can't keep up

So is Biden lying when he says intel never informed him Taliban would take over swiftly? Just a month ago he said it was highly unlikely.

Biden a liar or is our intel incompetent? 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

So is Biden lying when he says intel never informed him Taliban would take over swiftly? Just a month ago he said it was highly unlikely.

creepy joe doesn't know if he is lying or not. You would have to ask the person who writes his notecards. He has a hard enough time pronouncing the words that are there for him to read.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He's a lying POS who has never been right about anything foreign policy related.  He IGNORED the advice of his top military commanders in deciding to pull out completely:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-rebuffed-commanders-advice-in-decision-to-leave-afghanistan-11618696597

23 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Did anyone tell them they may have to wear a mask in the grocery store?

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

300000 highly trained...as good as any Army in the world...

im sorry..but...:lol:

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

So why didn't Biden do it 6 months ago? Or 9 years ago? 

Do you have an answer?

I’ve talked about Obama in this very thread. He was president, not Biden, remember?

And yeah, six months isn’t much. Trump couldn’t do it in eight times that amount of time. Well he could, but he was too cowardly 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fault in order:

Bush

Obama/ Biden

Trump. 

Probably true. Trump promised to end it and broke that promise. Because he didn’t want to hold the bag. Cowardly, but smart.

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

He's a lying POS who has never been right about anything foreign policy related.  He IGNORED the advice of his top military commanders in deciding to pull out completely:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-rebuffed-commanders-advice-in-decision-to-leave-afghanistan-11618696597

That article is behind a paywall. Care to provide some of it? If he really went against his military advisers that’s not good, certainly not with the way it turned out.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Probably true. Trump promised to end it and broke that promise. Because he didn’t want to hold the bag. Cowardly, but smart.

For many of us, despite being portrayed as cultists and such, Trump was the lesser of the evils.  And I continually feel more and more validated with that realization as the greater evils have their way with our country. 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

probably could have got that done too if he wasn't dealing with bullchit impeachment

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

probably could have got that done too if he wasn't dealing with bullchit impeachment

That’s a pretty poor excuse. Just admit he didn’t do it. Not that hard.

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’ve talked about Obama in this very thread. He was president, not Biden, remember?

And yeah, six months isn’t much. Trump couldn’t do it in eight times that amount of time. Well he could, but he was too cowardly 

Probably cause the media and democrats went apesh1t when we killed solemani 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Probably cause the media and democrats went apesh1t when we killed solemani 

The media, the democrats :cry: … so many excuses. Whatever happened to accountability? Just admit he promised he’d do it but didn’t have the sack to follow up. It’s okay, most wouldn’t.

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So you don't really have much answer.  

If it was just a matter of sending the word to pull out then Biden could have done it a month into his presidency.  

Joe's words were Obama picked him as VP because of his foreign policy and security record.  Kamala stated she had a key role in pulling troops out of Afghanistan.  So what you are implying is Joe wasnt trusted with foreign policy at a younger age as VP nor now when he is POTUS? Good to know.

Instead he got fumbled up with what advisors told him and just rolled the dice now.  

I really hated the war in Afghanistan, one of the stupidest moves by America in the last 50 years.

Biden is getting killed in the media, i am glad he stood up and took one for the team. I wish Obama, Bush, or Trump would have had the balls to do it.  I have been negative about the Afghan war going back 10+ years. This is no flip/flopping on my part.

• Like 1