supermike80

Is there a celebrity you might like to actually meet and have a beer with?

As a rule, I don't care about celebrities.  However after watching the first three episodes of dopesick I realized I've liked Michael Keaton in just about anything I have seen him in and he seems like a cool guy to have a beer with.

Probably no, but if anyone, maybe Louis CK or Jim Gaffigan. 

Louis CK had one of the most uncomfortable shows I have ever seen, so weird, but boy was it funny. 

But now that I think about it, if I like an actor of an actress on screen, I don't want to know them in real life.

I think there's a lot of actors and actresses that I think would be cool to hang out with based on some of the characters they've played, but I have no idea how they are as people.  Musicians?  I don't know.  Billy Joel seems like a cool dude as does Elton John, but other than that, I really don't know.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think there's a lot of actors and actresses that I think would be cool to hang out with based on some of the characters they've played, but I have no idea how they are as people.  Musicians?  I don't know.  Billy Joel seems like a cool dude as does Elton John, but other than that, I really don't know.

Yeah. It's probably the actors that you may like you probably don't want to meet. I really don't want to know anything at all about anyone that I actually watch on tv or the movies. 

I think having a beer with Joe Rogan would be fun

10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Fock yeah. Clint Eastwood.

Youd have to wake him up every 5 minutes

Just now, RLLD said:

I think having a beer with Joe Rogan would be fun

Came here to post this exact thing 

• Confused 1

edjr's is corey feldman. don't let him tell you otherwise

what you mean by celebrity? there's plenty of musicians, athletes and actors id have beer with. they not all dooshbags.

Maybe Adam Carolla? Chappelle?  Only ones that come to mind other than athletes are comedians.  

If I don't leave out sports then the list could get longer.  Tyson Fury, John Daly (NA beer if he prefers), Favre, Sir Charles.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. It's probably the actors that you may like you probably don't want to meet. I really don't want to know anything at all about anyone that I actually watch on tv or the movies. 

Agreed.  The only actor I actually met was pretty cool.  I met D.B. Woodside in Atlantic City a few years ago.  Was a really level headed dude.  It was after Lucifer was cancelled on network tv and before Netflix picked it up in the summer of 2018.  I talked to him for about 45 minutes.  I had mentioned to him that I thought he was really good in 24, and that's why I watched Lucifer.  We talked about 24 for about 15 minutes.  He said he really like being on the show and stuff like that.  Spent about 10 minutes talking about Lucifer.  He mentioned that Netflix was picking up the show.  I think he let the cat out of the bag about a week early.  But anyway, he asked me questions about myself and my son (who was with me).  We had some good back and forth.  He was fun to talk to.

25 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Maybe Adam Carolla? Chappelle?  Only ones that come to mind other than athletes are comedians.  

If I don't leave out sports then the list could get longer.  Tyson Fury, John Daly (NA beer if he prefers), Favre, Sir Charles.

Adam Carolla yes..and John Daly too.  Good ones.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  The only actor I actually met was pretty cool.  I met D.B. Woodside in Atlantic City a few years ago.  Was a really level headed dude.  It was after Lucifer was cancelled on network tv and before Netflix picked it up in the summer of 2018.  I talked to him for about 45 minutes.  I had mentioned to him that I thought he was really good in 24, and that's why I watched Lucifer.  We talked about 24 for about 15 minutes.  He said he really like being on the show and stuff like that.  Spent about 10 minutes talking about Lucifer.  He mentioned that Netflix was picking up the show.  I think he let the cat out of the bag about a week early.  But anyway, he asked me questions about myself and my son (who was with me).  We had some good back and forth.  He was fun to talk to.

The only time I ran into "famous" or ever looked for it was a time in college. A friend of mine was on the path for a musical career and I went to a James Taylor concert. We were at a school who had the second best jazz band in the country he and all the music students were serious about it.

Anyway, we went to the James Taylor concert and after the concert when driving home we saw Taylor's bus at a hotel and my buddy wanted to go in to see if we could run into them. We went in to the bar, and sure enough, about 5 guys from the band were sitting in there having some drinks and nobody else in the bar. We sat at another table and ordered some drinks and after about 10 minutes the band asked us if we wanted to hang with them. Leland Squire, Danny Dougmore and a couple others. We sat with them and just hung out for about an hour talking with them about nothing and everything etc. At one point my buddy asked "Hey, where's James tonight?" One guy said, oh yeah, he's up his in room moping. He and Carly (Simon) just broke up. 

So at the end of the night we were all leaving and just then a bunch of people were coming in and wanted autographs. They thought we were part of the band so we signed their stuff as well. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The only time I ran into "famous" or ever looked for it was a time in college. A friend of mine was on the path for a musical career went to a James Taylor concert. We were at a school who had the second best jazz band in the country he and all the music students were serious about it.

Anyway, we went to the James Taylor concert and after the concert when driving home we saw Taylor's bus at a hotel and my buddy wanted to go in to see if we could run into them. We went in to the bar, and sure enough, about 5 guys from the band was sitting in there having some drinks and nobody else in the bar. We sat at another table and ordered some drinks and after about 10 minutes the band asked us if we wanted to hang with them. Leland Squire, Danny Dougmore and a couple others. We sat with them and just hung out for about an hour talking with them about nothing and everything etc. At one point my buddy asked "Hey, where's James tonight?" One guy said, oh yeah, he's up in room moping. He and Carly (Simon) just broke up. 

So at the end of the night we were all leaving and just then a bunch of people were coming in and wanted autographs. They thought we were part of the band so we signed their stuff as well. :lol: 

That's pretty cool.

I mean if we're telling stories, there is that time I met  Rebecca Schaeffer and don't get me started about me and Jodie Foster.  

I have had a little exposure to a few politicians, actors, and athletes.

Of those living:

Tom Hanks

Benedict cumberbatch

Tom Hiddleston

Jon Favreau

Jason Bateman

25 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Of those living:

Tom Hanks

Benedict cumberbatch

Tom Hiddleston

Mary Kay Letourneau

Jason Bateman

Interesting. 

Roseanne Barr. I want her to sing the national anthem to me and spit in my face

29 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Of those living:

Tom Hanks

Benedict cumberbatch

Tom Hiddleston

Jon Favreau

Jason Bateman

Did you flash all of them at one point in your life?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lots of good ones in here including Sir Charles and Carolla.  Also Rogan.

I’ll add Matthew McConaughey (I technically own a Lincoln!), Bill Burr (I speak Townie Chowd).

And of course the GOAT, William Shatner.  :thumbsup: 

49 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I mean if we're telling stories, there is that time I met  Rebecca Schaeffer and don't get me started about me and Jodie Foster.  

The thing about Jodie Foster is that she's not easily impressed.  🤔

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

As a rule, I don't care about celebrities.  However after watching the first three episodes of dopesick I realized I've liked Michael Keaton in just about anything I have seen him in and he seems like a cool guy to have a beer with.

I don't know this as fact, but went to Bozeman, MT a few years ago..Keaton used to live there.  He would not talk to anyone..like if he sat at a bar and the bartender was like hey I loved Gung Ho..he would just get up and walk out.

25 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Interesting. 

yes.   I have seen them in miscellaneous interviews and they seem interesting.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I don't know this as fact, but went to Bozeman, MT a few years ago..Keaton used to live there.  He would not talk to anyone..like if he sat at a bar and the bartender was like hey I loved Gung Ho..he would just get up and walk out.

I'm going to keep that one in my back pocket, just in case.

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Well that's because he is an idea man, Chuck.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Selma Hayek and Kate Upton.

As long as I can 'Bill Cosby' them.  :banana:

7 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

As long as I can 'Bill Cosby' them.  :banana:

You'd like to give them your puddin' pop during nappy time?

What would we talk about?  It'd be like a Chris Farley interview...

"Hey, Dan Marino... I'm a big fan. Remember that time you beat the Bills in overtime?"  - Yes

"That was so awesome!!!" :headbanger:

Yeah sure why not? I've told this story before but I lifted weights with carrot top once. 

I want to have beers with a couple closers. 

Rob Dibble

John Rocker 

Males....

Sports ~ Roger Staubach / Bob Lilly / Tony Romo / Emmitt Smiff / Dak

Music ~ Geddy & Alex from RUSH / Dennis DeYoung / Rod Stewart / David Gilmour / Steve Perry / Ian Anderson / the guys from Horslips 

TV & Movies ~ Daniel Craig / Bill Shatner / Robert Downey Jr. / Eugene Levy / Christopher Guest / Martin Short / Shaun from Psych

Females'.... 

Bridgette Fonda

Jennifer Anniston

ok........too many to list